ST Aka to Shiro no Sousa File

• Rating: Not Yet Rated

• Popularity: #1995

WonByungHoon
Mar 7, 2015
Ok what just happened, did the show just end like that, is there another coming up!!! Anyways akagi san is one fast talker. From yhe beginning when he pprofilled the paparazzi i was sold. U have to read the subtitles fast or pause when he talks. Captain and kurosaki are eye candys.its an interesting show to learn about psychology and murder mysteries. Ten episodes only and no romance but great show
BrightestStar
Sep 29, 2014
This drama is about a team called Scientific Task-force, ST for short. The members are eccentric and have difficulty dealing with others on a professional and personal manner. They either hide from dealing with others, or cannot hold back any negative thought. In the case of Akagi, it's both. This dorama is actually a prequel to a 2013 special, so better watch it before watching this ;)

This drama had a lot of issues that I couldn't ignore, but I still enjoyed watching each episode on a weekly basis. I did not regret watching this and found it entertaining. It was more like cotton candy, that's sweet and fun to eat, but disappears quickly. You still have a faint sweet taste left in your mouth but nothing much and not for long.

On a more detailed analysis, while Scientific is in the title, we hardly deal with science. The most we get is some profiling. The dorama is typically episodic and cases vary. In order to make ST standout, instead of making complicated and require exceptional smartness to solve, they just really dumbed down the whole police force. For that reason most aren't that memorable to be honest. I remember one case where the evil guy admitted when really all they had was circumstantial evidence. What irritated me most was how the ST members were childish, and them acknowledging it was not enough, their behaviour was unacceptable that it was hard to suspend my disbelief

Acting vary from pretty good to alright. I felt that most other characters were just too young for the role, or to even be taken seriously. It felt more like they were playing pretend. We didn't get character development from all the team members, maybe 2 or 3, and the rest was their to fill space. We also had some other members of the police force where we get interaction with the characters which I found most entertaining but nothing too deep.

Okada Masaki is a sweetheart even though his character is a complete moron lol. It may be my first time seeing Fujiwara Tatsuya but I liked him here. He and Okada had great chemistry. I enjoyed their interaction and their scenes together were fun to watch. Hayashi Kento not only was he misplaced age wise, he also totally UNDERUSED. I still liked his interaction with Okada, but wished he was more forceful but they completely mellowed him down compared to the SP. Another underused actor was Watabe Atsuro who, after seeing in Bitter Blood thought he can do much more interesting and entertaining roles than he's offered.

The story isn't done yet, a movie will be coming up soon. The episodic format makes it that you don't really need to retain anything for the movie, so you don't really need to wait until the movie is available to watch the whole thing.

All in all, easy to watch without much commitment, entertaining but too silly.

Erin
Aug 24, 2018
One of the greatest crime dramas I have seen in a long time! The script was really well written; each episode had a thrilling twist I never could guess. Each of the actors held their own throughout the special and into this series, but I really would like a second season of this drama, even after the movie.

Each character portrayed who they were almost perfectly, seeing their strengths and their weaknesses made this show feel a lot more real than most crime dramas I've seen that try to portray someone with "special needs" such as OCD, claustrophobia, or someone who is a perfectionist. Each "quirk" fills a need within each person and in the entire group, however the show does a good job of showing that people with "special needs" are easily picked on or thought of as strange or just ignored.

The stories were well written, very informative, and very thrilling to watch the ST Team work each drama out to find the truth. I began watching this show after first watching "Bitter Blood" and falling in love with Watabe Atsuro's acting, then I couldn't get in to it by the first episode so I stopped watching; but now that I've binged watched the special and then this series I am very glad I did not give up on the show! I like a handful of actors that were in this series and it was nice to see a few of the actors I knew in different roles than I usually do. I know I'm rambling on and on about the cast, but this is what makes the series: the people!

The stories kept me guessing with each episode; I had no idea what was happening most times but each story was very thrilling, exciting, and showed a lot about how people act and think and behave. Each aspect of the investigation had a spot for each person of ST to fill, and it became abundantly clear with each episode, that that spot was only able to be filled by their respective person.

The drama itself seems a bit short, or maybe it's that the episodes seem a bit rushed, but they need to be because the plot for the series moves along a bit quickly, and quite well, too, behind the scenes of each story. I don't think any of the episodes could be split in to a two parter, so the next best thing would be another special or a movie... So they made a movie! (I haven't been able to watch the movie yet, I can't find it with subtitles anywhere lol) I hope a lot of people can give this drama the time and attention it deserves; its a meticulous story that is amazing to watch play out!