Somebody (2016) poster

Jun 8, 2017
Based on the novel "Nanimono" by Ryo Asai (published November 30, 2012 by Shinchosha). "Nanimono" is the winner of the 148th Naoki Award in 2012.
"Somebody" is not a romantic movie, do not expect a romance, it's about friendship based on everyday reality, with a touch of subtle humor. A quiet film, with its well-aimed plot and clear characters, is enough to make it impact. In my opinion the best movies are those that you have no expectations. Those that you watch why you liked the poster or the synopsis but it surprises with the quality.
The performance is a little lower than expected, but it is not a movie that really asks a lot of the actors as well as the soundtrack and cinematography that are simple but objective, delivered what the premise wants, what should in fact be delivered, no more Than that.
Generally speaking, "Somebody" manages to achieve its goal of entertainment without trying to be something else. Sometimes that's all a movie needs; Everyday simplicity!

arashinta
[WARNING: the rating and review I give have the possibility to be subjective due to my preference for the genres, scenes or casts]

"The job hunt is over, but I don't feel like I've become someone."

TRUE! Well, I'm so sorry, I watched this movie while my head is really heavy because of a cold, so maybe I can't give a proper review. As far as I caught is that job hunting is really a thing (been there, done that) and really a stressful event. But it's also true that a job offer didn't always made us someone.

Even though I can't clearly understand, but I love the twisted role in the end. Really surprising.