Laughing Under the Clouds (2018) poster

• [JP] Movies •
Live Action Dramas/Movies

Apr 11, 2019
Laughing under the clouds was almost close to the anime, but, overall, was interesting and entertaining.

The special effects were really good and that helped with the enjoyment of the drama. The action scenes were really good as well and the costumes, although some of them were wierd, they were nice enough and close to the ones in the anime. The performances were good as well and I especially loved the bond between the brothers that ignite the whole action.

So, overall, seven out of ten for laughing under the clouds.
Kaisalie
Dec 4, 2018
I am not typically into this style of movie or drama (ROM COM and WUXIA are more my line). But Seeing the cast I had to at least give it a try! I was glad I did. Lets begin shall we?

Music: Totally great soundtrack to this, they took modern music and blended it with cultural and ancient sounds and seriously nailed it.

Cast: Ok this is where it becomes tricky a bit. Fukushi Sota, Nakayama Yuma, Kiriyama Renn, and even Furukawa Yuki. You would think with the works they have done they would not mesh well. And you would be wrong. They each embodied the person they played very well. Even Wakayama Kirato was amazing with his cute little slingshot.
On a personal note... Sota's smile got a little creepy, and Renn's aura made me surely think he has/had a crush on Tenka ( Sota)

Storyline: I like how they took this to a different level. The Kumo, and the Guardians have to defeat and kill or seal the Orochi which rises every 300 years to destroy everything. Due to it's hatred of humans who only feared it and it was handled wrong. Orochi is guarded (quite awfully so) by the Fuma who killed The Kumo's parents and scarred Tenka who protected his brothers who were toddler and infant at that time. He was captain of the guardians but left to become the family those boys needed, but continued to protect their town. Bad guys, vessels, cults, hero's guardians and backstories. And the fighting was realistic not too extra. I did have to laugh everytime Takamine ( played by Daito Shunsuke) brought out his weapon. Only because it was comically large. Truly a BFS. And they didn't stick with swords or knives, they used long swords, abnormally big kunai, the BFS dual pistols, two sticks, a slingshot and our Tenka and his cute fan. It was nice to have the assortment. Nothing is more boring then non stop sword fights. Finding out why Tenka is so aloof and giggly, really heartbreaking but makes him in my eyes as i hope yours, much more a hero than just the Kumo.

Overall: The only thing I wish is they had showed maybe a few years later at the end and how the younger brothers grow in the roles they now have. And come on I truly think Sosei even had a thing for Tenka. The tension and flirting was there.

Rewatch: YES PLEASE!!!!