IQ246: Kareinaru Jikenbo (2016) poster

PuggoDoggo
Aug 23, 2019
Sharaku(Sherlock) Homonji(Holmes) & Maria T.(Moriarty), The cases and the plot, So basically it's a Japanese remake of Sherlock Holmes but very distinct. They adapted it so brilliantly that very few people actually noticed it, and even if you've watched the Sherlock Holmes TV Show it would still be a whole new show to you. Even though a lot of the cases are similar to Sherlock Holmes cases it was executed in a very Japanese way, and it hardly had any resemblance to Sherlock Holmes in accordance to character portrayal.
I loved Oda Yuji's acting, specially his accent and his little over the top acting, It was very Japanese to say. They didn't try to replicate Sherlock Holmes they created their own. The casts are excellent, they had some famous Japanese actor as guest actor in a lot of the episodes, if you've been watching JDrama you'll know them for sure.
The show's comedic value is really high too, You'll get to laugh in every episode. The show isn't very tense it's light enjoyable, like Sherlock Holmes it doesn't show some really complicated case and a really superficial way of solving them. In this show everything is just the right amount to let you have a really fun time.

Erin
Jun 20, 2019
I watched this show mostly because the synopsis sounded interesting, and it is a very interesting show, however, it took me a few episodes to get me hooked. But that has nothing to do with the show, it's all my personal taste(s).

The cast was really well picked for this show, especially episode 5 because I'm a fan of Narimiya Hiroki. To be honest, I think they made a lot of things over exaggerated at some points or rushed at other points, and I really don't understand why one person had to be the "stupid commoner" scapegoat for the first few episodes, though I do realize that all of it was what made this show so interesting! Each story had an extremely difficult plot that was full of suspense and was thrilling to watch! Each character's personal story and growth was really amazing to see; it was like they became a different person altogether as the show continued through the episodes.

Though I was confused sometimes, it didn't last long and everything made sense toward the end of each episode and even more so toward the end of the show itself. I have to say this story is very unique to anything I have ever seen before, and as I continued watching I definitely grew more fond of the show as well!