Lost Love in Times

• Members: 1,719
Mimi
Okay so first of all I need to mention that the lead couple were so cute together and their acting was on point the whole time.
There's also the cute side characters/couple that are so adorable.
I love how both the main lead would do anything for anyone they cared/loved n how much they loved each other it was just so sweet many dramas always have something where there's some kind of trust issue or where ones a little too jealous to the point of overboard but this was just amazing.
Now onto my lovely prince zhan many may not like his character bc of what he did but then i felt like he's such a sweet boy he was willing to do anything for Qing Chen but sadly he's just a second lead :(
The only thing that I didn't like was like slow subbing which is not the dramas fault at all but then I had to wait forever bc dramefever the only one that got the licenses for it took a whole moth to freaking start subbing the first few episodes n that the director had to add duo xia who wanted so desperately to be with ling at one point but it was good that he never swayed for her or anything lol cause I would've flipped out if he broke Qing Chen's heart in anyway when she did all of that just for him.
Overall I'm just in love with this dramas so yes I definitely recommend this drama if you want to watch something that brings out all your emotions but not annoyingly bad or just sad like some other shows that I've watched. Btw the music tho it's amazing I've noticed that Chinese dramas always have amazing music to accompany their shows lol none of it are like ever bad. 10/10

Pinocchio
Oh what am I suppose to say for this drama it has a great cast everyone's acting is amazing. Literally all of the characters were written and acted so well that all of my emotions were brought out. Loved how Qing Chen was a feisty but reasonable character she wasn't obnoxious or anything she's just a girl who wants the best for everyone that she cares for. Oh god now onto Yuan Ling the amazing 4th prince that's so loving n great at fighting too lol loved how he was so devoted to Qing Chen there's no weird love triangle, overly cheesy moments, or bad cgi. Everything in of this drama was amazing definitely  recommend to watch this if you want something that not too crazy or has stupid characters then yes this is definitely it! Oh btw the side characters were played well too this is now one of my top dramas Cecilia n William has so much chemistry that I honestly want a season 2 or for them to collab again.

moondust
If you are expecting some great love story as promised, a love that defies all odds, held together by fate and karma , then be prepared to feel slightly underwhelmed. Viewers are better off treating it as the heroine's tale as she embarks on the mission of a lifetime (literally);  or a "second chance" type of journey - to undo the rather tragic outcome early on that set the main plot in motion

But the best part of this drama, is the visually pleasing production and costumes (for the most part).

Story (7/10)
  The director has a gift for tweaking changes to novels to tell the story much better than its original work. But despite efforts to flesh out each character or every plot development, it fails to build any real momentum to keep viewers interested or invested despite the length. Overall story is decent though boring... (yes I've said it!), and characters are balanced.  The main plot and focus of romance end up downplayed to make room for supporting elements and subplots, something they could do without, or at very least, cut out of a lot of.

Acting (7/10)
 Chemistry between the leads is a real issue and one I fail to be convinced by. And more so when sold about a love so great each is defying odds to be together.  This lack of chemistry prevents any real emotional connection to the couple. Multiple times throughout the drama I didn't feel the leads were in love until they declared so, but this was more so in the earlier half.

With all due respect to William Chan, his acting range is limited at best. If anything he has the visual presence to pull off alpha male prince and eyes that command charisma easily, if only he knew how. As a fan of Cecilia Liu, this is far from a standout performance and even disappointing, when you consider the kind of performances she is capable of.

Xu Hai Qiao as the second lead Yuan Zhan is probably the best performance/actor, and between the main characters whose actions and feelings for the one he loves is at all believable.

Music (7/10): Music is good overall. Ending OST is nice

Rewatch (4/10):  premise more exciting than actual story,  and a whooping 56 episodes that failed to keep me interested the first time means an unlikely rewatch for me.

kiera
OK let me start the review by saying that you should, by all means, try not to compare this to any other show *ahem* when you start watching because I know many are trying to get over a particular drama slump but don't because you might be disappointed. Don't get me wrong though, I enjoyed Lost Love in Times but in some parts not quite so.

STORY:
My favorite combination ever is fantasy+romance+historical so I was very hyped for this, as were many others. The fantasy aspect of the sorceresses was really cool (possibly the most unique factor of the show for me); their costumes were pretty and all their powers and all that were just really pretty and well edited. Really loved Qing Chen's golden butterflies. But I'd wished that there was just a liiiiil more fantasy scenes which brings me to the next point; politics. There's loads of it in Lost Love in Times as expected in historical dramas.

Throughout the 56 episodes, you see how most of the brothers come together and it's especially nice to see them looking out for the Mages and Qing Chen. Then there's the romance which I thought was a bit of a letdown. I didn't really see it being the main focus which I thought it would be considering the whole title and all but after the first half of the series, it kinda felt that the romance died out a bit.

Also, another thing that bugged me was the lack of extras in the show. During scenes when both parties went to battle with one another, their armies looked small and not thousands. Of course, its not possible to bring thousands to the set but it wasn't well manipulated to look it. So in regards of the setting of the people, it wasn't that convincing. But other than that, the set looked alright and also super gorgeous at the valley.

ACTING/CAST:
I thought Qing Chen & Yuan Ling's love story was a beautiful one but how it was portrayed made it look a tad lackluster. It really is a shame because I absolutely adore Cecilia and William. Overall, their chemistry was believable but barely, in my honest opinion.  They had a good amount of kiss scenes though, some of which made me squeal a lil.

The entire cast is great and their acting is decent, nothing shabby. I loved Yuan Li's most out of all the brothers because his character was the most interesting. It's not explicit but their bromance was a nice watch. Side couples were OK, nothing that cute. I didn't find myself hating any particular character wholeheartedly so the acting isnt a wow for the evil characters.

MUSIC:
I think the music was the one that really cut it out for me, the OST was very beautiful. William's song was it man; its so good, so heartbreaking. His voice is haunting. The rest of the OST is amazing as well and its out on spotify so yay.

REWATCH:
I don't rewatch dramas so I wouldn't judge base on the rewatch value.

OVERALL:
I really had high hopes for this and I think it had immense potential but it had let me down quite a bit. I was debating between a 7.5 or an 8 but ultimately I chose an 8 because it is a good watch with some intelligent characters, solid OST and a splash of cool sorcery power coupled with romance, but a believable one or not, I'll leave it to you to decide. So if you really like political, historical dramas with a twist of fantasy perhaps this is more for you :""")

MysteryMel-Bookish
Its over finally...
This drama was headed for 10pts, then the dreaded 12eps just pooched the whole thing.
Story: not new: goddess/sorceress entangles hearts with the handsome prince. Complete with sibling rivalry, political mess, whacked daddy emperor, maternal power plays and always helpful eunuchs or little brothers to keep the crap going.
Acting:  Nothing stood out as bad and all filled their roles. The triangle of love always involve the pretty ones.
Music: did not get in the way - fit the mood and actions
RW: not soon... and maybe
Overall: costumes, locations, and actions are memorable and grab you immediately. CGI was breathtaking.  The drama is from a popular book and thus being a book person, the book is always better (until translated for me) however the on-screen story seem to lag/weigh down with the AChai tribe princess obsession (way over-done), Ling mother demon crap, Ming dead-alive act, crazy emperor act. The audience got the pic of these "lost" folks yet we had to endure painstaking eps that could have been eliminated to provide a better ending.  The final eps felt rushed, incomplete and bam done! When so much time was spent on characters who added no growth or value. This drama would have been great at  42-45 eps max.  Glad I watched, just not happy with direction and length - drama overlords really pooched this drama!

ctinav23
+1 Good Cast (When this first started... I LITERALLY couldn't tell the difference between the main two male leads. It took me more than a few episodes to be able to tell the difference since it was my first time watching these two male leads)

+1 Male Lead (Both were extremely handsome in their own way. At first I wasn't too fond of the first male lead because I didn't think he looked that great so I hesitated watching this drama. But I realized that after watching 10 Miles of Peach Blossoms, I fell in love with the male lead even though I didn't think much of him at first. So I gave this dude a shot and I was impressed. He's such a good looking man. <3)

+1 Story Line (Great story line in general but the production didn't follow through all the way, it lagged/dragged and discredited the storyline)

+1 Male Clothing Set (I feel like the male clothing in this drama stood out more because most of the main characters were Prince's, the clothing line was amazing. It brought out the masculinity, royalty and eloquence of the characters. I was quite disappointed with the female lead's clothing line for the most part. She had maybe one outfit that I remember liking and then she had this one outfit that I was absolutely not fond of at all)

+1 Romance Action (romance action wasn't really consistent throughout the drama but when there were romance action, it was definitely bubbly in my heart. <3)

+1 Music (the music didn't stand out a lot but it was good enough to keep me going, at least it wasn't horrible)

+1 Set/Scenes

+1 Brother and Father & Son Relationships (The last scene between the two male leads really throbbed my heart. Love the relationships between the brothers and then the fathers relationships with all his sons were complex and interesting)

-1 Poor Action (I was expecting more action since the topic was about war and sorcery but I was left disappointed. The action was poorly done as well, I had expectations since the clothing line for fighting was amazing but again, I was left disappointed. There was maybe very few scenes that caught my attention but no, if I include the sorcery action, it was terrible)
-1 Unnecessary Characters (I have to be honest, there were some character where I just thought "This person has little to no point in this drama or were pointless useless or gone the entire time, why do they even exist in here?
-1 Story lagged... seriously. I don't think the story needed to be 50+ episode long. It would have been just fine with 30-40 ep max and then it would have been a great drama that got to the point.

QAS
LLIT infused fantasy and sorcery elements with a fictional branch of the Western Wei Yuan dynasty.  Male characters are clad in voluminous, pattern-challenged costumes. The male and female characters wear monolithic head dress or braided hat hair.

Story 7. 0 - A very creative plot about Time intervention, with some shortfalls.  The story could have been tighter, and effective with three dozen episodes.

Acting Cast 8.0 -  The actors delivered solid acting performances.  William Chan and Cecilia Liu were the group leaders, but Zhang Ryan and Xu Jiawei walked away with the awards.  Zhang Ryan (Yuan Ming) receives the Wide Range of Acting Award, as the villain Prince.  Xu Jiawei (Yuan Li) receives the Congenial Character Award, as undercover Prince/Guardian of the Transformations.

Music 7.0 – The incidental music was  impressive, and facilitated the activity on screen.

Rewatch Value 5.0 – I am not in a hurry to relive the drama, but I might attempt it for William Chan, Xu Jiawei (Yuan Li) and Gong Jun (Yuan Che).

Overall score 7.0 -  Good production values in directing, editing, acting, set design and cinematography!  Costume and hair designs were over the top, and a constant distraction. Writing was average.  The best surprise was the ending.  Overall, the episodes stretched Time.

This drama should have started out the gate with eight weekly episodes, and finalized in seven weeks, to keep the viewers' attention span.