Criminal for the Prosecution (2018) poster

Miaya
Sep 13, 2018

Lost in its side stories

The movie has an interesting premise as how far the good can go to bring the evil to justice.
The cast is excellent in there roles and all a very fitting. From the goosebump inducing bad guy to the passionate prosecutor, everyone delivers and make it an interesting watch with intriguing characters.
Through all of this, the story suffers from side stories that fail to add something crucial to the overarching storyline. The time spent on the sub plots could have been used to shed more light on the inner thought process of the main characters and to deliver a satisfying ending that didn't feel out of the blue.
I don't remember much of the music and due to the abrupt ending that didn't gave me a conclusion, I rate this movie 7.5 out of 10. While I don't mind open endings, in this occasion too much was still lacking to let me put the movie behind and it made me wonder if a sequel is supposed to be following.

OldAnimeLady
Feb 22, 2019
This particular movie feels like a slow mover in the beginning, but you have to pay attention to the bread crumbs that are being strewn about to see how everyone is interconnect.

It is at its base a very black and white version of justice being muddied into the gray area in the name of Justice. We've all seen it before. But then it adds a politcal movement whose adgenda would rock the foundation of modern japanese society...and doesnt really do anything with it. (this thread is in the background to the main story).

This thread is why I feel they are setting up for a sequel. This movie has made me curious to research"the skeleton road" though and if a sequel comes out I will definitely watch it.

The acting was so on point, you felt the conflict of both main characters and when the tiny side love story happened it did not feel tacked on, nor was I surprised. I wasn't expecting it but when it happened there was no question like "where did that come from?"

If you like the premise, Nino or Kimura or any of the other great actors in this, it does not disappoint, it just feels unfinished...there is more to this story..and i want it.

Apr 3, 2019
Infelizmente, o drama de ação de cento e vinte e dois minutos é entediante por muitas subtramas existente dentro da estória sem mencionar os intermináveis diálogo. Para ter uma ideia são necessários vinte minutos de introduções metódicas de personagens antes que o enredo se desenvolva, que gira em torno de dois promotores que investigam o assassinato de um casal de idosos, seja iniciado. O veterano Takeshi Mogami e seu subalterno Keiichiro Okino que reduziram os suspeitos a dois, um dos quais também era o principal suspeito do infame assassinato de uma adolescente duas décadas antes.
Em vez da distorção e reviravoltas que geralmente preenchem esses dramas whodunit, Harada está concentrado em estudar o filme com cenas processuais legais e debates em salas de interrogatório. É óbvio que Mogami, que tem laços com a falecida, prefere prender os últimos assassinatos de um suspeito sobre o outro. Okino, enquanto isso, quer fazer as coisas da maneira certa.