Baby & I (2008) poster

JadeDarcy
Feb 28, 2012
Talk about a coming of age love story. This is NOT a story about a boy growing up and facing difficulties because he has fallen in love with a girl. This is a story about a boy who has to face the responsibilities of being a young, single father.

When a young trouble maker -whose parents pretty much run away from home because they cannot stand his bad behavior- finds a baby in his basket, he has to face the realities and hardships of becoming a single parent, with no support, while going to school.

This story made me laugh and cry. It's very cute, light, but not TOO fluffy. This was a very enjoyable movie. The baby is absolutely cute. My newly found love for Jan Jeung Suk continues. He is REALLY pretty to look at. I'm not going to tell you that this is the greatest movie out there, but it was extremely enjoyable from beginning to end. I was not bored at any point of the story and was touched by it. Highly recommend.

WonByungHoon
Apr 18, 2013
the story and acting was good, the technicalities were not. some things were just off especially the baby's voice, it was so annoying and trying to be funny dint work. also clearly the female teacher not only had a wig but the wig was wrong and horrible. those are just the little problems that bothered me otherwise prince jang was awsome as always. the airport scene is a tearjerker. i liked the girl too and wanted more from her. this wasnt a 10 or 9 it was just ok
hititquitit
Mar 24, 2013
This movie is just all around cute. I love the story line and found many of the moments funny. I love how the main characters learns responsibility by taking care of this little human and he becomes a better person also. Through this whole process there are friendships made that help him along the way. Sure I wish there was a bigger focus on the romance but this is one of those stories that even without the love story line it's great. While watching you hardly will notice the lack of the romance line.

I do wish there was a sequel to think though cause the ending was so cute I wanted more!! I love the cast and how pure everything was. Overall a good movie that I've watched multiple times.

purplenette
Apr 20, 2012
Jang Geun Seok does a great job portraying a teen dad. In America we see a lot of movies about teen moms...there is even a reality tv show about teen moms. We never see anything about teen dads. Actually I take that back, there is one made for tv movie about a teen dad that was really good, but not as good as this one.
The struggle he has to take care of his child is really well done and there are some great funny parts.
Kim Byeol steels the show with her quirky smart character. I really loved that she made #1 in class over that jerk of a kid in her class.
It is a really good story that ends well. I recomend everyone watch it.

Clemi-chan
Jun 17, 2013
I watched this movie because lots of people were talking about it and said it was great, and I have to say they were right, I was not disappointed. This baby is really the most adorable thing ever!
Now about the story: it was original and well made. It was really believable, and also had lots of funny moments! It's sometimes unbelievable at the beginning, but it then gets really realistic, and also cool.
Few words about the cast: I have to say I'm not really a fan of Jang Geun Suk, but he was really great here and wait am I staring to like him? Anyway. Song Ha Yoon was also good and cute.
I had a lot of fun watching this movie, so I advise it to those who haven't seen it, and it's worth rewatching :)

DramaNoona
Aug 26, 2014
I’m going to readily admit that I only watched this one because of Jang Geun Suk. I absolutely loved him in ‘You’re Beautiful’. From the description I wasn’t expecting much in the way of anything with this movie. However, I was pleasantly surprised. It was a fun and fresh adventure that was honestly a truly good time. Jang Geun Suk is left with a baby that is supposedly his. To complicate matters his parents have left him on his own because he’s a right stinker in school and life. Thus he has to raise the baby alone, except there is a quirky girl who attaches herself to Jang Geun Suk’s character and consequently helps him in taking care of the baby.

The entire movie was sweet and eccentric with a cute flair. Since my expectations were low it exceeded them easily. Though, that does not mean this movie was anything more than a fun romp that was mostly brain candy. So my absolute favorite part about the movie was the voice over work for the baby, seriously the crotchety old man voice was so hilarious I laughed through the whole show. For a quick and painless watch then this is your movie!

Ari
Feb 11, 2015
Ah, so lets start with " Baby & I "
Also, added note: I don't watch many asian movies, this is probably my second one.

Story: Okay so this story is clearly shown in the plot summary, and it follows through throughout the entire story Jang Suk plays a person who otherwise shouldn't have a child (based on the character plot) and does a very good job of relaying the image that parenthood isn't easy especially when you're in high school. Being that this is my second movie ever, I saw this as an original plot that I've never really seen before.

Acting/Cast: Most of the actors in this movie didn't really reach out to me as EXCELLENT or anything but everyone played their parts well and kept me entertained enough to keep watching to the very end. I can say that the acting isn't a issue in this movie and won't be an issue while you're watching it.

Music: Simple, I suppose? I'm not quite sure if i heard too many music in this movie. If I did, I wasn't paying too much attention to it so.. take this with what you will.

Rewatch Value: Ah.. I don't think I would watch this again. Only because of the simple reason that yes, it has a " comedic " vibe to it but I didn't find myself laughing at all throughout the movie. It's still very enjoyable but I wouldn't rewatch it again.

Overall: Should you watch this movie? Yes. It has a nice plot that follows through throughout the entire movie, It keeps you interested in how Jang Suk progresses as a " father " And might provide you with a laugh because although I didn't laugh we all have different opinions on what is funny and what isn't. It also has a nice ending so, Give it a chance. I recommend.

Skye-N-Rain
Apr 6, 2011
The storyline of this movie probably isn't the most original, however, it doesn't stop it from being an amazing movie.

The cast and the acting were exception, and you could feel the chemistry between the leads.

The music fulfilled its purpose.

As for rewatch value, i'm not much of a rewatcher, but I feel like comedy movies like this have great rewatch value.

Overall, I'm giving this a 9. It''s one of those movies which are perfect for times when you''re stressed. Just turn on this movie, and you'll feel the stress go away.

yaddle_t
Mar 2, 2012
I think this movie is a bit overrated because of the main actor. The story itself is OK. There are many interesting characters that light up the movie. JGS is a great actor and I think his performance in the movie was solid. The movie has its funny moments and well as some serious self-reflection and maturing moments. The music was not anything memorable. But as a whole, I enjoyed it and found that it was a good movie.
Chacha35
Sep 2, 2012
It is an easy movie to watch. Jang Geun Suk is great as always, but his acting is more natural and realistic than in kdrama like "You're beautiful" (even if I'm a fan too). Some suprises and a goods emotions. The baby actor is so cute, you can't stop yourself from smiling when he is on the screen. I spend a good time, nothing extraordinary, but really nice. :)
MissBuyNLarge
Apr 9, 2013
Oh, my gosh. This is one of the funniest movies I have ever seen. I first saw Jang Geun Suk in You're Beautiful and my friend told me about this movie. Naturally I had to see it.
The story is quite unique (at least for me). One of the things I love about this movie though is the uniqueness of the female lead. She's definitely not your typical leading lady. She's a strong girl with a take-charge attitude. She's also just a tad odd. She has a REALLY big family in this movie, so she knows exactly how to help the main guys. Over all, I'd suggest watching this movie alone first to see if you really like it before watching it with somebody else, as there are some REALLY awkward parts in it (it involves taking care of a baby - of course there will be awkwardness...oodles and oodles of it).

meme333
May 10, 2011
Really an enjoyable movie! Jang Geun Suk really shot to the top of my fav actors list with this. The cast was great especially the baby. This movie is short and sweet. I really had fun watching it, and laughed many times. The movie is optimistic without being unrealistic. I think that is probably the best thing about it, it was funny but it also showed how difficult things can be, especially when a baby is involved. I found the ending particularly interesting, it was unexpected and yet it was satisfying! Definitely watch this movie, you will not be dissapointed!.