• Location: Arkansas

purplenette

Arkansas
Angry Mom
May 9, 2015
Honestly, when I read the synopsis of a mother that goes to high school, I thought this was going to be ridiculous and the story would be a comedy. I was absolutely wrong. Angry Mom is intense and takes a look at the darker side of human kind. It brings to light truths of school bullying and corruption under the exaggeration of a drama. The writer did a great job intertwining the lives of the characters and their individual stories while making each character necessary and building excellent character development. One angry mother starts a sequence of events to shine a light on the problems that every one else tries to ignore and/or cover up until she has rallied the help of teachers and other mothers alike. The best part is that the lead female character is strong while being emotional and conflicted on how to help her child. I absolutely love strong female leads.

Kim Hee Sun is perfect as loving and protective mom Jo Kang Ja as well as teenage friend Jo Bang Wool. I can't say enough about her acting. All of the actors were great from the young to the veteran actors. Regardless of Ji Soo's good looks, that boy can act. His emotional versatility as Go Bok Dong will take him a long way in the future. I look forward to seeing more of him. Kim Tae Hoon makes it easy and strangely sad to hate Do Jeong Woo. The person I felt the most conflict for was Kim Hee Won as Ahn Dong Chil. I wasn't sure what to think of him until the very end. I'm so glad the writer clears every thing up with him. His character was the link that held the story together. Besides the female lead, my favorite character is Go Su Hee as the quirky and totally lovable and ultimate best friend, Han Gong Joo. I adore her!!! I think the weak link is surprisingly Ji Hyun Woo as Park Noh Ah although I will say as the drama went on he got better. It may have been his character being that he seemed naive and weak that became stronger while remaining nice.

The music is really good.

I will probably rewatch this at some point.

I recommend this drama to everyone. It is really well written and acted,

Jun 3, 2015
HITTG is a very interesting drama. The story line isn't special, but the way the story is approached is unique. There is this underlying humor throughout that made me laugh and laugh. There are some sad moments also, but nothing overly melodramatic. It is a simple story while touching on principles of right conduct and/or ethics. For one thing, being right all the time won't always make you happy. Sometimes you end up alone and sad. Another thing is that money can't buy happiness. Also, tradition can become antiquated and it isn't always something that should continue. I don't know if it is a drama for everyone, but I enjoyed it.

I haven't seen Yoo Joon Sang an anything else that I can think of, but he is pretty spectacular as Han Jeong Ho. His expressions are excellent. I also haven't seen Yoo Jo Jeong in anything. She was ok as Choi Yeon Hee, but I really didn't feel for her character and I thought that I would eventually feel sorry for her. Lee Joon gets better with each role. I like him as boy/man Han In Sang. He portrayed his struggle really well. Where did Go Ah Sung come from? She did Seo Bom proud with strength and dignity. I enjoyed the other actors as well.

The music is pretty good. It doesn't get on my nerves, but nothing stands out.

I won't rewatch this.

I recommend this drama, but it isn't action packed or overly exciting. If you like dramas that make you think then this is for you.

Incomplete Life
Dec 23, 2014
Incomplete Life is nothing special except it is special. There is no epic romance, no suspense, no action, no melodrama, but there is life. I normally hate dramas like this. Nothing is more boring than watching a drama about real life when I watch dramas to escape it. However, there was something uniquely captivating in watching these characters navigate life. I started this because I love Kang Sora, but I fell for these characters in a big way. This drama isn't about the story line as much as it is about the characters. They have great chemistry and development. We all look at life in different ways. What is success to one person may be nothing to another and there is society's view of success. My view of success is to be the best person that I can be with all my flaws included. It isn't about money, prestige, or power. It is about being happy in the life that I live with the people that I love. What is your view of success??? Are you living an incomplete life???

It isn't necessary for me to name all of the actors, because it is already done. Just know that they all were excellent. I felt connected to each of them in different ways.

The music is appropriate.

It is rewatchable, but I probably won't.

This drama isn't for every one. I can see why some people would get bored with it. However, I highly recommend it.

The Spring Day of My Life
Nov 2, 2014
Normally I am not into dramas like this. I'm so glad I made an exception and watched this drama. TSDOML is a emotionally fulfilling drama that made me somehow hopeful and happy through all the crying. The story isn't anything new or exceptional, but that is what makes it so great. The simplicity of the story is the charm or it all. The writer introduces characters that everyone can relate to if you are a parent, child or lover. It is beautifully portrayed even though some of it is long and there are more flashbacks than are necessary. I didn't give it a perfect score, because I sometimes felt like the director should just let the viewer feel with out the flashbacks. Other than that the drama was really good.

The acting is excellent. Unexpectedly the chemistry between Kam Woo Sung as Dong Ha and Choi Soo Young as Bom Yi is palpable. The age difference between them in the drama is 18 years and in real life is 20 years. I think some people might have a problem with it. However, Bom Yi is the kind of person in whom everyone would fall in love. Bom Yi's personality is well written and portrayed. Choi Soo Young is beautiful and seamlessly kept balance between optimism and depression I have totally fallen for Kam Woo Sung. His portrayal of loving strength is perfect. I would definitely want to be in a relationship with that kind of person. I am now going to find time to watch every thing he has done. The other actors are good too, but I came to not care much about anyone other than the main leads and the children,

The music is beautiful.

I won't rewatch this, but I can see someone might want to rewatch it.

I highly recommend this drama.

Discovery of Romance
Oct 8, 2014
DOR is overall a very realistic approach to love. The interviews tied in nicely with the direct attitude that the director and the writer were taking as they explored dating and romance. It is refreshingly different drama. I admit there were times when I felt that the characters were playing too many games (around episode 8) and that is why I gave it a lower score. I think it is perfectly reasonablee for a person to be in love with one person and then someone that they cared deeply from the past come and shake things up. I like Yeo Reum'smother basically told her to live and love for herself. Some people think that is selfish, but if a person dooesnt do that, then they just make themselves and everyone around them miserable. Also, if a person is in a relationship where he/she is afraid to be his/herself because they think the other person will break up, then that relationship is doomed from the start. Romance is all sweet and fun at first, but if a person wants it to last, then all the ugly needs to come with it eventually.

Jun Yu Mi was perfect as the cute and flawed Han Yeo Reum. I like that she tried so hard to do what she thought was right. Eric Mun is exceptional as Kang Tae Ha. I had no idea he is such a good actor. He can kiss and is totally hot so he being a good actor is a plus. Sung Joon is one of my favorite actors. I have seen all of his dramas except I Need Romance 3. He does not fail to deliver as Nam Ha Jin. Thee other actors are good too.

Edit: I forgot to mention that Yoo Ah In is the last episode. Whoop Whoop

The music is really good.

If you would like to watch a more realistic drama on love, then I recommend this one.

Marriage, Not Dating
Aug 24, 2014
Strangely enough I have seen a lot of good romantic comedies this year. Marriage, Not Dating is easy to watch. The story is smoothly written with great character development and some great emotional moments both happy and sad. I like that it approaches a variety of different relationships from different perspectives. It is sad at times with out being depressing and funny at times with out being over the top. I enjoyed every episode and anticipated the new episodes from week to week. If you haven't watched it, then you might feel like marathoning it.

It is great to see Yun Woo Jin in a leading role after Arang and the horrible When a Man Loves. He is a great actor that doesn't disappoint as Gong Ki Tae. His character obviously had trust issues and who could blame him after growing up like that. He is a fantastic kisser...HOT. I remember seeing Han Groo in some supporting roles and I wasn't sure she would be able to pull off the lead. She proved me wrong as Joo Jang Mi. I enjoyed this strong, quirky character a lot. Although her character had to do some unimaginable actions, she pulled it off as believable. I like how the writer let her sincerity shine through the deception. It was very interesting. I usually end up hating all the parents when watching dramas like this, but this time I liked them all and the way the characters were used to show the scars that can be left on a child's heart. The other actors were good including the cutie, 2AM's Jin Woon. He wasn't really given a lot to do and I'm not sure if that was written so the main leads took center stage or because he is such a newbie actor. Anyway, he didn't suck.

I liked the music through out

I will probably rewatch this. I'm tempted to do it right now.

If you like romantic comedies or even just an easy to watch drama, then I think this is a good choice. It isn't the kind of drama that tears your heart out with emotion, but instead gives a comfortable feeling.

Good Doctor
Oct 9, 2013
The beginning of the drama really ticked me off, because the characters were really jerks. I didn't know what to think when even the characters that I thought of as "good" guys were totally horrible to Park Shi On. However, that is what makes this drama great in the end. The character development is worth all the pain at the beginning. As the story progresses, there are reasons behind the characters actions. I'm not much for medical dramas, but this is so much more that. I didn't really think of it as just a medical drama. I thought it touched on something that is really important being the way people treat people with disabilities. Sometimes I think we forget that they are people with emotions just like everyone else. I have friends with children that are autistic and I hate the way some people treat them. I also love how Park Shi On helped the other characters heal and become better people.

Joo Won is a great actor. His portrayal of genius, autistic Park Shi On is really well done. I don't think that is an easy part for anyone. I have seen almost all of Moon Chae Won's dramas and I find her acting to be believable. She didn't fail to be believable as Dr. Cha. I was really ticked at her at some points in this drama and I think that is due to her great acting abilities. The other actors were also good in this including Joo Sang Wook and Kim Young Kang. I adore Ko Chang Seok as an actor. He is really good in all the dramas that I have seen him in. It was cute to see a cameo of Park Ki Woong in the last episode. Joo Won and he must be really good friends. Too cute.

The music is good and appropriate.

I might rewatch this in the future.

If you like an underdog story, then you can't beat this drama. I highly recommend it to everyone.

Come! Jang Bo Ri
Oct 13, 2014
JBR is the best Makjang drama I have seen. It uses all of the Korean drama cliches/troupes from amnesia to birth secrets. The family mix is great. There are so many moms and grandmas that it is just funny. There are a few useless and somewhat lame bi-stories, but they don't take too much time. What makes this great is that the liars and schemers are never truly happy and constantly afraid they will be found out. Most everyone has a secret. It is over the top acting with a ridiculous story line at its best.

The actors are great. All of the acting is a little over the top...so don't expect it to be realistic. There are some great veteran actors in this drama. However, Lee Yoo Ri totally stole the show. She takes crazy to a new level as Min Jung. She wears this thick bright red lipstick that is just way too much which goes perfectly with her character. Her ending is better than the endings for most "bad guys". Everyone else is good in this too. Kim Ji Hoon plays a totally adorable Lee Jae Hwa that acts kind stupid, but isn't. I like that the romance between him and Jang Bo Ri (Oh Yeon Seo) is consistent once it starts. Strangely enough, Bo Ri isn't the center of the story to me although the drama is named after the character. My favorite relationship dynamic was between Moon Ji Sang (Sung Hyuk) and Bi Dan. Kim Ji Young is just the cutest little thing. I worried about Bi Dan from beginning to end.

The music is fine.

I probably won't rewatch this, but it is rewatchable.

I know some people don't like this kind of drama, but I enjoy them. If you like them, then JBR is definitely a must watch.

Secret Love Affair
May 16, 2014
One thing before I rave about this drama. I don't know why they called it Secret Love Affair when it wasn't a "secret". Maybe the LOVE was a secret, because the other characters were shocked at what Oh Hye Won did at the end.

This drama is excellent. Love unexpectedly blossoms through music. I can so relate to Oh Hye Won. Sometimes a person feels like they are just moving from one necessity to the next (even if she was a little greedy) with out really thinking about how you are living your life. Then some one walks into your life and changes everything. The way the director portrays every emotion through music is so wonderfully done. I love that the writer actually assumed we would know what the character was thinking. The music is amazing. I even cried. Crying while watching a drama is rare for me.

Yoo Ah In is combustible. His emotional portrayal of Lee Sun Jae was perfection. I don't know any actress that could have played the roll of Oh Hye Won better than Kim Hee Ae. I really don't know how she gave off a feel of innocence. I felt like she was reliving her youth. Good for her. I was totally invested in the main characters. The rest of the people were good too, but I could have cared less about their characters. I think that is what the writer wanted. There is no second male lead. No one for you to care about except the two lead actors.

The music is phenomenal.

I say watch it. Maybe younger people wouldn't really be in to it. It isn't action packed or anything. It is a real romance.

My Amazing Boyfriend
Jul 30, 2016
I don't know what is wrong with me. This is totally not my type of drama, but I was hooked from episode 1. I watched this every chance I got in exclusion to any other drama. It is so fun and quirky with suspense and angst and tons of totally cute romance. The plot and the flow of the story is well written and directed. Although, I did guess who was the bad guy way early in the drama, I don't think it is the writers fault. It is just intuition. The extra characters that usually get on my nerves were needed for the actual story line and I enjoyed their interactions with the main characters. I appreciated the irony of them talking about second female lead as the girls' occupation were actresses. It was quite amusing. Also, it was interesting that the fantasy part of the drama felt ridiculously plausible. I even liked the ending. :-)

I don't know much about Chinese actors. Janice Wu was excellent as quirky, naive and somewhat silly Tian Jing Zhi. I didn't feel like she was stupid as some people felt. She seemed to pick up on things quite quickly once she had all the facts. She felt real to me and even through all the silliness. Kim Tae Hwan doesn't seem like much of an actor, but I cut him some slack since this is his first drama and he is model cute. He wasn't horrible as Xue Ling Qiao, but sometimes a little expressionless. The other actors were good too.

I enjoyed the music.

I might rewatch this someday..

If you enjoy fun, fantasy romance, then I recommend this drama.

Can We Love?
Mar 15, 2014
Honestly, I started watching this because I love Uhm Tae Woong. I really had low expectations, but was pleasantly surprised by a drama full of life. The characters of the three main lead women are fully developed. The writer does a good job of transitioning from one woman's story to the next. The women are friends since child hood, but they don't know everything about each other. Makes me wonder what I don't know about my close friends. The writer also does a good job of resolving issues quickly rather than dragging them out. The ending was a little rushed although complete. There is still some Korean cliches such as abusive mother-n-law and birth secrets, but for the most part it was about real life, every day situations.

I adore Eugene. She is wonderful as Yoon Jung Wan with a great mix of strength and sweetness. I also love Kim Yoo Mi. If you haven't watched Cruel City, then I recommend it highly. She plays a more likable, strong character in that drama. In this one I loved to hate her. While understanding her character there were times when I would have loved to hit her. I was unfamiliar with Choi Jung Yoon, but she won me over totally as Kwon Ji Hyun. Her acting is stellar. The male leads are also great. Uhm Tae Woong is just too cute to me. I hope Park Min Woo does more because he is a really good actor.

I HATED Kwon Ji Hyun's appa and brother (can't remember if he was older or younger). They are some hateful people that treated her like a cash cow. Then blamed her for the consequences of their actions. I just wanted to kick their butts.

The music is nice.

I may rewatch this at some point.

If you like romance, family, angst dramas, then I recommend this drama.

Mar 29, 2015
Date is funny, sweet, deep and moving. The question of how do we know we are in love is probably asked by everyone at some point in their life. The question is answered from an individual perspective of life and what is important. Personally, I never ever dreamed of being in a relationship. Even when I was a child I did not fantasize about marriage nor did I play "house". Then one day after years of knowing the same people, but never meeting, I met my significant other. I fell hard and 14 years later we are still together. We were so straight forward with each other that some of this drama resonates true deep in my heart. The quotes and mathematics are also great quirky characteristic touches. I didn't care which character ended up with another character, because they were all likable. It is a relaxing, interesting watch.

All of the actors were great. Anne Higashide was really cute as Yoriko. That duck face was too funny. She is so smart and despite appearance and her practical approach is very caring. When she upsets or hurts some one, it is obvious that she doesn't mean it. I would love to have a friend like Yoriko. At least I wouldn't have to second guess her motivation or friendship. Hiroki Hasegawa is also amazing. That funny strange smile Takumi has like he isn't used to smiling but is trying to express himself is perfect. I loved his character as some one that had a scar and like most of us are want to do we let it change our lives. I'm going to get a little personal here, because his character was most important to me on a personal level. As someone who has experience agoraphobia for months after I had a mental break down over a trauma, I can say that it can become a habit. Mostly because a person can become comfortable not facing a harsh world. I felt like my perspective of reality must be wrong and I was confused for a while between what was real and what wasn't. I thought that every one was lying to me and had other social anxiety issues. I went to counseling once a week for months until I could venture out into the world again. i don't know where I would be if I had not sought help. Maybe I would have been like Takumi. Anyway, I was totally invested in the main characters.

The music was good.

I will probably rewatch this at some point.

I recommend this drama to everyone. It isn't action, thriller, murder, mystery, amnesia, lost family member, etc. type drama. However, the writing, character development, and humor over the question "what is love to me?" is worth the watch.

Love Around
Oct 29, 2013
OMG...the writers totally ruined this drama with the extension. I was ranking this around an 8 until episode 13ish. I love melodramas, but occasionally I like fluffy romance dramas. I chose this drama because I thought it would be a lovely romance. I was so disappointed. It starts with a little bickering between the leads that quickly changes to sweet slow romance. Then left turn to stupid. Then there is all the inconsequential side stories. I also hate that at the end they used the narrator voice instead of using the last "extended" episodes to actually develop the characters and story. Anyway, I can't go into it with out spoilers.

The actors are good. George as Zhou Zhen and Annie as Xiao Shu are good actors and have great chemistry together. Too bad it was wasted. The other actors are ok too.

The song was good at first, but slowly started to get on my nerves.

I won't rewatch this.

If you watch this, then I recommend only watching to episode 13. Just pretend that was the end of the drama.

Naeil's Cantabile
Dec 4, 2014
This review is based totally on this adaptation. I have never seen any of the others or read the manga. What I like about this drama is that it is easy to watch. There are no villains and the adversity that the characters face is resolved quickly. The story isn't new or special. However, I enjoyed the over all good feeling that I felt while watching the characters grow as they faced trials and over came obstacles both personal and as a group. I don't usually enjoy lot of characters and side stories, but in this case it seemed appropriate. I'm so glad the writer didn't make Cha Yoo Jin too much of a jerk or Seol Na Il stupid. Also, I like that Yoo Jin pretty much takes care of Na Il from the start even if it subconsciously. I don't know how much this varies from the original, but I like this version.

I have never seen Shim Eun Kyeong in anything else, but I couldn't picture anyone better for this role. She was totally adorable as quirky, naive and genious Na Il. I know not everyone is a Joo won fan, but I love him. He has played a variety of roles and doesn't disappoint as Yoo Jin. It seemed real as he fumbled around learning to have friends and care for people. The other actors are good also. Go Gyeong Pyo is good as Il Rak.

The music is outstanding. It is worth watching this drama for that alone.

I will probably rewatch this at some point.

No matter what genre you enjoy, I recommend this drama. It is a comfortable and easy watch.

Monstar
Aug 3, 2013
This has a huge group of talented young people. If they are all truly playing the instruments and singing, then they deserve props for that. I'm not a big fan of high school dramas, but I have watched a few. This puts most of them to shame in the music department. The story is pretty typical for a high school drama...bullies, childhood traumas, first love,etc. However, it was directed like a musical and I enjoyed that. I can't post about the parts I liked, because we aren't supposed to post spoilers. Bummer!!! ;-)

Ha Yeon Soo as Se Yi and Da Hee as NaNa were my favorites. However, I liked all the actors and I thought they all did an excellent job.

The music is outstanding!!! You should watch this drama for that alone.

I will probably rewatch this at some point.

I recommend this drama for all ages.