A story about the naivety of young love, the pureness, and beauty of friendship and the warmth of family surrounding a group of friends.
Su Can Can loves learning about literary works. In her adolescence, she meets her best friends. Xu Mei Li is lively and cheerful, Lan Tian Ye is handsome and uninhibited, Lin Jia Ze is gentle and refined, Tao Ya Ting is beautiful and melancholic.
In their journey, they have many little secrets and many worries. Whether in high school or in college, Su Can Can has collected many unforgettable memories. When she turned 28, she looks around and realizes that the people with her when she was 18 are still the same people around her now.
(Source: chinesedrama.info) Add Synopsis In Portuguese
Cast & Credits
The pros are miles long but i'll sum it up without getting too wordy.. hopefully:
- a very easy watch with good flow that keeps you going from an episode to another. Even when the story are simple daily lifes of students
- nothing over dramatic or makjang
- no hateful or annoying characters
- wonderful friendships of diff types and forms
- great rapport of ML and FL. And very natural progression of frenemies to deskmates to being each other's drive and support
- realistic potrayal of school life. Including struggles of studying, of hopes and dreams and the fears that comes with it
- ML despite earlier depicted as rough ard d edges n curt in speech but never overtly so. His sensitive, cating n even protective side comes out. As the drama continues he makes you swoon with the simple actions
- FL nvr potrayed as most beautiful or most dumb. Shes the average girl with her own charm, cute and doesnt try to overthink too much. She has her own strengths and limitations and own dream too. I love she was nvr overly "desperate". She instinctively does things that touches n moves the ML.
The length of the drama was just great. Never draggy.
The acting may not be the most perfect. Zhao Yi Qin was good at potrayal of Lan Tian Ye. He had the level of charisma without coming off pompous. He was cool without being cold or stiff. Li Jia Qi, this is her second work i've seen. I thought she was adorable in Meteor Garden as Xiao Yuo. Theres some sameness in her portrayal but while she might not be as versatile, she never came off as cringy or overact. ML and FL had believable chemistry and i think their acting was greatly helped by the story and directing.
For whatever reason you are hesitating to watch, hope this review gives you the push to start this drama.
Aside from my fangirling of these legendary artists, the overall drama plot was very pleasant to watch and quite refreshing. I just finished it raw about half an hour ago.
Typically the female lead will work hard to grab the attention of her first crush from the start of the drama. However, the main female lead's love shifted throughout the drama. Its not your typical love story. It goes from bickering enemies, friendship then love relationship. Towards the end, the main couple had some bumps in their relationship but of course it doesn't stop there. The side characters' love story were very interesting to watch, some were relatable as well.
There's a relationship that began from playing games together and finally falling in love in real life. Then there's the heartbreaking unrequited love from another side character.
The thing I did not like about the drama is the main female lead who plays San San. Something about her acting was very awkward and unrealistic to me. The transition between her lines seems a bit off as well. Maybe it's just me but I really did not enjoy her acting. It's awkward to the point that I don't really see the chemistry between the main leads. It just seems one-sided from Zhao Yi Qin who plays Lan TIan Yi in the drama. Which by the way, he looked very much like the early 2000s Jay Chou - I couldn't stop thinking about that! I digress however I must say Zhao Yi Qin did a wonderful job with his role.
Overall the drama had a happy ending for everyone. It was a great ending. I would recommend if you like high school, college life, and adult life drama because this drama went through all three phases. It was overall cute and adorable drama.