• Birthday: February 28
  • Join Date: April 22, 2016
Les Interprètes
Jun 17, 2016
What a waste. Waste of solid male n female lead (who not only looks good but has good chemistry). Waste of a plot thay started well and then derail. Waste of my time.
Ep 1 to 20 was just so good. You watch effortlessly seeing the sparks fly between Jia Yang and Qiao Fei. The ingenuous ways he come up to make her life miserable and try to make her quit as trainee in the field of French interpreter. They clash and butt heads but Fei was resilent and refuse to give up her dream.
Then all that mess from the brother being the old flame and has a obessive nature when it comes to Fei. To the second female lead who was a tad pathethic in her love for Jia Ming but then retracted to wanting to be with Jia Yang.. mess and more mess
Then comes the mother who does extreme things like ruining her own son just to break up Jia Yang and Fei. Who does that? And to such extreme. It felt like this drama plot purposefully over inflate itself to generate angst, to fill in episodes? To drag it to pass 40episodes?
I felt like a masochist sticking with this drama to the end. Ep 28 to 36 was so hard to watch. Like 45mins of episode and only 10minutes or less worth watching.
I tell myself i need to see off Jia Yang and Fei's ending so i stuck with it til the ending . but oh boy instead of being awarded with my patience (which really is painful and teeth grinding). The last episode (heads up) isnt satisfying. It was rushed, cramped and jumbled. Didnt flow well and they try to make it dramatic but not believable. Its hard to believe the ending episode is rushed when the last 15or so episodes were so draggy. I still believ the first half that was good was written by another team of writers. If there are the same people then someone must have zap out commonsense from their heads. Like they run out of ideas what to do with the second half of the drama.
If you are wandering to watch or not. I recommend no for several reasons.
The last 1/3 compeltely deviates from the original story of being interpreters
The cliche part of being sick and the high noble road of sparing your loved ones from grief was not written well. Yes alot of dramas commit the same mistake but the way Fei did it just felt wrong. I felt it create needless grief for Jia Yang. Personally i think its selfish when you run away from your loved ones without sharing the truth and deliberately lets him misunderstand you. Her love didnt respect Jia Yang and made that decision for both of them without his knowledge.
Jia Yang's character actually went backwards in terms of growth. Yes it was nice to see him being less demonic and so loving to Fei. But then he became unprofessional when it comes to his work and career. And it was also annoying that he kept saying their love can survive it but i didnt see real actions to solve the problems. Your girlfriend keeps saying there's a big gap between them and that he didnt understand her difficulties.but he carries on as is and with regards to xiao hua and her dad. Although yes his words that their love can withstand it all, there was no action ... It was like him allowing the realtionship to fail eventually.
Jia ming, xiao hua and the guy he married. All characters i dont care for.
Qiao Fei bestfriend was ok but her love line was also not properly developed. Theres too much childish behaviour and they left it too late to the end to show changes.

If you do want to give this a try because the truth is Huang Xuan was really good and engaging as Jia Yang and sparks do fly when he sparrs with Yang Mi's Qiao Fei. Then i recommend you watch the front half of the drama up until he confess and they start dating. The second half will only make you scratch and then bang your head in frustation. So please dont suffer as i did..

Road To North
May 28, 2016
Surprisingly this is my preferred drama from Hawick. His character of lu Xiang Bei and the heroine Yi Nian and their story connected more with me. Don't be fooled by the synopsis, the actual drama is a far cry from the description.

Xiang Bei is a deaf but successful executive workin in a top company. Due to what happen 20years ago and the tragic death of his mother his life mission is to seek revenge and claim back what rightfully belongs to the Lu family under the urge of his maternal grandfather. But this plan became difficult and complicated when Yi Nian enter his life. Yi Nian is the daughter of his enemy but her kind, cheerful and straight forward personality despite himself finds himself drawn to her. Yi Nian is someone who values love and accepts people readily. But she's no push over and you see her challenging Xiang Bei in many instances.

I find I really like how opposite Xiang Bei and yi Nian is. Yi Nian's existence is like a light to his pretty sad and miserable life. She was the balm to his emotional suffering. She would speak out what she could see through his cold exterior and tendency of holding secrets and pain. She accepted his deafness and treated him with no difference. In fact in her subtle way she encouraged him to accept himself. There's quite a number of scenes and her confession which I find touching. I must say I love the lamps she designed.

This drama is not without faults and require heavy self-editing to improve your viewing experience. I had to dig deep into my patience before finding good memorable scenes between our two leads starting from ep 10,11,13 & 15. My self editing means skipping scenes of business rivalry, scenes of extreme hatred or characters I don't like. I focus on interaction between Xiang Bei and Yi Nian, Xiang Bei with his mum, Yi Nian with her best friend and her best friend's own love relationship. That means keeping my fingers on the cursor and able to finish the drama in 2.5 days.

Acting wise is passable. I find their chemistry linger at 80% max. Could have been better. But the love story between then I like. And I thk with the exception of him jumping into the water to rescue her, no cliche scenes of stumbling and accidental kiss. In fact I kind of feel the drama requires a bit more kiss scenes for my romantic side. All in all I enjoyed it. I love the dancing scene, the catch a movie scene, and some of their conversations that still lingers in my mind after the drama has ended. Give this a chance but do some self editing...

Something About 1 Percent
Nov 15, 2016
Sometimes a simple love story is just entertaining and endearing to watch. Something about 1 percent doesnt have much that stood out from the rest. But its also the very same thing you can love about it. It reminds me of the first time i love korean dramas cliches and all. Although the first episode seems a bit too contrived i found it improves immensely the next few episodes. Jae In and Dada's relationship is sweet. Theres no immense personality transplant from Jae In but you see the effort he puts to keeping their dating relationship afloat despite his busy schedule, demands at work and his lack of care for people feelings. What is refreshing is most times they are honest with each other even though its a contractual relationship. Jae in from start wanted a no cheating no seeing other people. Dada was honest that she needs to keep herself in check from falling for him. Which we know its too late the ship has sailed. What makes this an enjoyable watch is how comfortable Jae in and Dada are with each other on the screen. Their dates, expression and kisses brings back the feels of first love. And dont you love a man who can keep calling to get tje answers even though hes too busy to sleep or eat. The gruff and sometimes grumpy man can be a stealer too. Just like how Dada's friend's word rings true sometimes all it takes is just 1positive thing that you love from that person - you can call it his charm- that you discover and fall for. And just the same ive discovered quite a few charming things of this drama which i love and fall for.

Just to the add. The leads remain true to themselves and just like their love it has always been honest and sincere. The heart to heart talk and mature discussion before the made up and even the proposal was so fitting. I love the balance of sweet romance and a couple who is honest and mature to face the reality and their background differences, together.

Love for a Thousand More
Dec 25, 2016
Seldom does a short drama has the addictive and i-cant-wait-for-next-episode feel.
Also the poster is misleading. This drama is vibrant and so beautifully shot. The colors, backdrop and scenery and down to female lead's hanbok is vibrant. With just a touch of fantasy on the immortality issue but overall its quite slice of life of a musician, Joon Woo who is a little reclusive but opens up to the mysterious but smart mouthed lady, Mi Jo living downstairs.
Also the drama has awesome secondary leads in Yeon Ji and Jason. No bitchiness or suffocating love. They are so good that you wished their arc is a happy and fulfilling one too. The characters and story backdrop is sufficiently thick that it could easily be a longer drama and infact i kind of wished it was longer so that there would be more character development and progress of relationship which i felt i needed more after the credits rolled on the final episode.

The music was nice which was a given since its a YG production.i love the R&B track sang by the male lead titled You.

The acting was good and no noticeable cringeness. I find Kang Seung Yoon and Jang Ki Yong shine as their character of Joon Woo and Jason. The only minor blip was Mi jo's makeup and the vivid pores which was distracting and a little unexpected. Plus cant they give us an otp kiss?. Enjoyed the entirety while it lasted.

When a Snail Falls in Love
Dec 1, 2016
This was one of my highly anticipated drama for 3 reasons: love me if you dare, the chinese novel, the pairing of Wang Kai and Olivia. All 3 that i enjoyed.
Im happy to report the opening two episodes i was swept away. The opening theme is one of the best ive heard in awhile (its a trademark sound similar to CSI) and the cinematography was so nicely done. Those drawings adorable and gorgeous. Finally i now couldnt imagine Ji Bai as none other than Wang Kai and Xuxu none other than Olivia. They both suited the roles to a T.
Yet there is a but after putting out these praises. Of all the 3 novels from Ding Mo i find the love relationship in When Snail falls in love to be the cutest and sweetest. And just the right balance with the crime solving bit. But the production crew in this drama has opted to tip that balance and scale down the romance. I understand roles get magnify or diminish and plots do change in adaptation. But i cant really agree its for the better with some of the changes. Nevermind that its more centric on police detective skills, crime solving and profiling and character growth for Xuxu.
Just to name a few: Xuxu's pursuer was scraped off. Xuxu as the solo disciple to Master Ji scrap off. The JiBai pursue first got a 180degree treatment. The reason why JiBai went to Myanmar changed. Yao meng character changed but since its for the better im ok with that.
Lets just say cause i read the novel there were certain things i was waiting for and came up empty waiting and watching from beginning to ep 15. Nothing. Then we go from nothing to suddenly 75% in their romance development. I get it thats its snail" but that sudden development didnt have time in earlier episodes to plant and bloom properly.
Then episodes 18 to 21 was so epically good and bolstered up by such commendable acting from both our leads.
This drama could have been a solid 10. All the more cause we know the chemistry between our leads is powerful and that i felt was not fully unleashed. Ive been left in vain wanting that bit more for our lion and his snail. To the point i wish theres a special episode to see more of them as an item.
Il definitely miss Wang Kai as a detective n that man rocks the white shirt blue jeans look. Again want to note awesome casting of him n Olivia. This among the best C dramas have to offer in 2016. DO WATCH and if you love more romance development Do READ the novel.

Beautiful Gong Shim
Jul 18, 2016
Its a struggle to decide a fair score. It would depend on your expectations. I started not really expecting much and found myself surprised by Min Ah who made Gong shim very endearing and cute. Then theres Nam goon Min's Ahn Dan tae, super goofball that makes him different among many k dramas over the years. This was a pairing i wasnt sure will work on paper but onscreen their sparring hair pulling and banter was an easy watch. Throw in a second male lead Jun Soo that was puppy cute and a nicely written bromance with Dan tae. Suddenly im game for more episodes.

Then the focus was lost or shall i say shifted. The Dan tae birth secret and uncovering culprit should have and would have made an okay side plot. Instead this thin plot with an unremarkable antagonist (that was transparent and revealed very early on) was stretch to fill many episodes. If they had stared true on the Gong shim path, more on her character development, growth in career and confidence and interactions with both Dan tae and Jun soo this drama would have been better. Instead she became a prop, mostly on the sidelines and only utilise when the writers feel like it.

Overall the storyline is forgettable but i will remember the wig, the brush Gong shim used to brush her teeth and some of the cuter moments of the trio.

The Fox Fairy Court
Jul 10, 2016
This review may contains spoilers
This is a skewed review. My 7.5 score is solely based on the good romance part between Wang Yuan Feng & Xiao Cui. Most of the rest of the story, the middle onwards and especially the ending is crap.
Lets talk about the good bits. Xiao Cui is really adorable character. One u want to take under your wing and root for. Her naveity and treating yuan feng initially as 'mama' was really cute. He was the first person after she came out from her 'egg' and ended up beside him assisting him in breaking cases. Her love stems from very pure and basic reasoning. Loving him means spending the rest of your lives together. Yuan Feng character initally comes off as brash and proud. He does t quite say what he means and without knowing it comes to care for xiao cui. The two have some really sweet moments that i really love. And for those reasons i couldnt exactly say i regret watching this drama.
I couldnt really develop any attachment to the other supporting cast. The other couple also had alot of screentime but i find Ai ya character to be annoying. Sad to say i skip almost 2/3 of the drama, sometimes nearly an entire episode whenevr theres no Xiao Cui. I find the scriptwriter forgot the whole gist of the story. The title of the drama should be on the fox spirit aka Xiao Cui. If only they spend more time on her and her romance it would have been way better. And dont get me started on the last few episode weird plot and sour ending. Spoiler or not i feel the need to forewarn.
For the good romance part i love ep 26 and parts of ep 30. U may skip 31 to 40 to avoid the ending. Or if you want to know more of how thins unfold watch til ep 39 and the first 10mins of ep40. I wish someone have told me that before i watch the whole thing.
Now im gonna scour youtube for fmv that combines only the good bits of Yuan Feng & Xiao Cui moments. Sigh that kiss in the rain was so romantic as was the parts when he rescue her. If only the writers didnt screw up..
Fyi i love the ending theme song. Very emotionally provoking.

Healer
May 8, 2016
Nearly a perfect score, shows how much i enjoy it both story and character wise.

Although initially i thought of City Hunter but the plot is different and I actually prefer Healer. Park M Y character here is better too. Love our female lead isnt just a damsel in distress. She has spunk, kind and bravery despite her pitiful childhood. The same characteristics mentioned that drawn the interest of our hero.

Both the leads acted really well and brought the jist of their character and has good chemistry too.

Romance story ( thats my main priority in a drama) =D : Love how initially he wasnt receptive , she was just the subject his client requested. Love how it evolved. I wont spoil it but have to mention their first date was different but romantic and she really put herself out there for someone she hasnt met upfront but trusted her feelings. Their first kiss was really swoon worthy and among my top 10 memorable drama kisses.

No idea why it took me so long to click and watch. I marathon and finish in 2days.

Naked Fireman
Jan 21, 2017
Our hero Chul Soo isnt your conventional hero. His personality is alittle odd alittle goofball and he's enthusiastic about his calling as a firefighter. He is also in need of fastcash and ended up modelling nude for our heroine, Jin Ah. Except Jin Ah the artist is using it as a means to find the guy in her memory who has a scar at the back who was involved in her parents tragedy.
I wouldnt ask for a longer drama because the major plus of this special drama was its snappy pace and the plot rolling along very well from start to end. The plot itself was very engaging, with mystery and thriller nicely packaged and i read everyone enjoyed guessing who the culprit/killer/arsonist is. Made my day when i found out i guessed correctly.
Lee Joon Hyuk is so fitting for the role. He brought this macho and yet boyish vibe to the role. He made Chul Soo a hero but still a human and average guy. Jung In Sung as Jin Ah was good too. They made a striking duo on screen. I wish i can see both of them in a full length drama and if possible paired up again.
Fantastic supporting roles from veteran Lee Won Jong and also Jo Hee Bong and Park Hoon.
Minor qualms that there was some inserted melo drama bits within an action scene that isnt quite believable ina real life and death situation. But overall thoroughly entertained.
PS: is this the first firefighter korean drama? I didnt watch any feat firefighters (korean ones), none came to mind to be a recommendation. I wish we will have a full length drama of one soon. The action and bromance of firefighters (and their hotness lol) would make an awesome watch

The Rise of a Tomboy
Jun 7, 2016
Feel good rom com with typical storyline. Although it is predictable but it works with the known and tested pairing of Zhang Han and Zhao LiYing who previously worked together in Boss and Me drama.

The chemistry and ease of seeing the two intereact is gem. Furthermore this time Zhang Han's role, Si Yi is not as cool or cold as his role in boss & me. You get to see the two leads stay together as house mates, communicate, fight, laugh, drink, sing and even get tattoos together.

Back to the storyline LiYing's character, Siu wu believes there is a love formula and works tirelessly on the Math to prove this and in finding the perfect match. Enters the other guy, Jung Il woo in his role as the boss who invests in this project as potential for perfect love mobile app. He also then develops feelings for our main heroine. (my qualms is i dont quite know when he fell for her, it felt slightly premature for me). Theres the other girl linked to both men who i wont spend much time talking about cause i dislike the character.

Anyhow the main problem is the formula generated the boss as the perfect match which makes Siu Wu confuse to continue in her faith in the formula or her heart pounding for her house mate and friend, Si Yi.

The last scene when they make up is my favorite. Nice to see when the girl makes the move.. Lol watch and you'll know what i mean.

The story like i said may not be anything particuarly original or memorable. Yet it avoids cliche types of melo or angst which was refreshing. It concentrated in giving us great interaction between the two leads who carried the movie and made it a warm and enjoyable 90 minutes.

Splash Splash LOVE
May 6, 2016
Short sweet simple.
The storyline could be nothing new but for a short short drama it works, isnt draggy and lots od cute and sweet interaction between the joseon king and the highschool girl. The ending is believable and nice too. If you come across it randomly like I did, do give it a chance. Worth your time.
The Adventure For Love
May 6, 2016
I struggled to finish watching it, especially the last third.

Story: Started off interesting and promising but slowly loosing traction, messy plotlines. I find i slowly dont care. On paper the plot should have worked but maybe not stretch out to 32 episodes and problem of execution?

Acting: Its a beautiful cast with surprise guest appearance of Angela Z. The acting was ok for me. But chemistry between the 2 leads was touch and go. I couldnt really tell when they start falling for each other. I didn't like Danson T's role either, abit too pitiful and some of his irked or surprise expression (widen eyes and mouth agap) was recycled from when i last saw him on Murphy's Law of love. Pity cause i do like him.

Rewatch value: Seeing as watching the first time round i had to force myself to finish.. safe to say i wont rewatch

Meteor Garden
Aug 30, 2018
THE GOOD AND THE AVERAGE:
The plot: Heres the tricky part, for those watching without having seen other versions, they watch with fresh eyes and many have pointed plotholes, and/or discomfort with some scenes. Personally, I felt this adaptation tried to follow the manga closely but also changed the mood of it. This version is actually lighter, perhaps more palatable and digestable with reduced bullying. Even villanous characters were dialed down, case in point the person who spread the picture of San Chai..that among others were toned down. That said, its a pro and con at the same time because it isnt as intense.
The characters- F4 in this version is more approachable. They are your rich good looking guys but also worked hard for their academics and/or have their talents.
Male otp: Dao Ming Tse is the tough looking kid- that really resembled a porcupine with a soft belly. He's also with steadfast once (and it didnt take long) when he realised his feelings. On most parts he has a very direct approach in pursuing the girl who caught his attention and never much bat an eye at other girls. His character grew from likable to lovable as the drama progresses. His greatest attribute is how he supports Sanchai and encourages her. And you also see his growth towards the end, how even unspoken he reads, understand and provides understanding and security when Sanchai needs it.
Female otp: Dong San Chai is that petite firecracker. She seems that average girl but when push comes to shove and she stands up for her friends, she shines.. and caught the attention of our male lead. In many circumstances, shes slow in romance department and tends to be passive. She took her time in processing the changes in her feelings from hatred to friendly to something more when in comes to Ah Si.
Rest of F4: Like mention this bunch of F4 are more likable. Hua Ze Lei is the flower boy in terms of look, gaze and speech. Who became the realible rock and soulmate to SanChai. Mei Zuo and Xi men also get their arc in the drama. Personally i did not enjoy Mei Zuo's arc and the story of his love interest. Xi men and Xiao Yuo was likable and i did look forward to their part.
Others: SanChai's parents are nice loving parents. They are also less theatrical then J version. I also like Dao ming tse's housekeeper too.

Acting- This is the mix bag.
Dylan Wang He Di- a complete rookie with his first work was a surprise. I thk perhaps his own real life behaviour transcends into his character. He brings the playful and energy to Dao Ming Tse. There's obviously room for improvement but he sells the character well and you could overlook it.
Shen Yue- having seen her previous work in A love so beautiful, i did come in with expectations and she was adequate. She excelled in poignant scenes but her performance was also patchy. Playful and sweet scenes was dealt well between her and Dylan. 90% of their kiss scenes were stiff and at times awkward (perhaps they were shy or it was too cold during filming?) Darren was a bit stiff and sometimes too expressionless. I cant help remembering Hanazawa Rui and found him lacking. Connor was the worst of the bunch in my opinion, he was cringey and he made me skipped his parts. Caeser Wu fared slightly better but also patchy performance.

OST:
Ost can really lift up the drama. Some of the ost esp the old ones were really good and nostalgic. But some of the ones resang by F4, unfortunately i didnt enjoy their vocals. I thk J-version who had Utada Hikaru and the original TW version were a level better.

THE VERDICT:
The plot like mention above is diluted. As a breezy summer watch and as a sometimes fluffy and sometimes innocent youthful love story (if you dont take it too seriously) it was thoroughly enjoyable. They did give us fanservice scenes, happy moments between otp, their coutship, dating, breaking up and getting back together. There was friendship and there was family and there was a love that survived obstacles. It did drag a bit in parts but wanting to see DaoMingTse and DongSanChai get together was still a worth-watching journey. This version replaced the intensity with youthfulness and thats a tradeoff that can tip the scale depending on personal taste..

For all these reasons its still a solid 8.5 for me. Cause this version of Ah Si and SanChai was still cute and lovable as a pair.

Note: My review is influenced by my memory of the other adaptations, how i feel about the story, the characters, the acting, whether it was memorable and my feelings right after i finish the last episode.

Little Big Master
Jul 1, 2016
This simple story is really moving and even more heart warming because it was based on a truestory. It first caught my attention because it casted Miriam Yeong opposite Louis Koo. But the movie is so much more about sacrifices, of doing whats right by poorer students in a kindergarten on the verge of shutting down. I love the kids interaction and the parents too. Theres frienship and theres family. Its a mildly paced movie but one you will remember and happy to have watched it.
Another Miss Oh
Jun 30, 2016
This is a story about fate, about love, about overcoming heartache and changing ones fate with the decisions you make. For me, i connected with the story and the characters.
From episode 2 onwards this drama was so engaging and its charm and unique take along with a brilliant cast quickly becomes addictive. Initially you find plain Hae Young to be quite pitiful. You find Do Kyeong to be cold and even a little hateful. But as the story unfolds and the push pull between them as well as fate throwing them together you start to care about them as individuals learning to heal and then rooting them as a couple.
Hae Young goes down in K drama history as one of the best female character, not because shes strong or badass but because of her fearless and even shamelessly adorkable way she throws herself wholeheartedly in love. Despite being burn after being dumped a day before her wedding, she promised the next time she will love wholeheartedly. Needless to say wearing ones heart on the sleeves means embarrassment, sometimes disappointment and more heartache. But these are also the qualities that attracted Do Kyung who although initially guilt ridden becomes fascinated and even disarmed by Hae Young's frank and direct nature.
Along with this romance, we have bromance between Do Kyung and bestfriend Jin Sang, Do Kyung and brother Park Hoon and Do Kyung and his sound team workers. All generated good vibes and laughs. Then theres the family love of Hae Young and her wonderful parents who make you cry and feels the warmth of family like you've been hugged. Finally you get a second romance of noona Soo Kyung and Jin Sang. So this drama is full of heart.
What further separates this drama is the out of this world chemistry between Hyo Jin and Eric.They share shy smiles, lover's embrace and sweet to sizzling kisses. Most of all they look really comfortable and believable. I enjoy all the simple moments of them together like walks on the beach, cuddle in front of the tv watch movies and cooking for each other. Theres some cheesiness but it wasnt too bad.
By the end of this drama i still have the warm fuzzies. The biggest take away message is to live with no regrets, like today is your last day. The impeding death visions allowed Do Kyung to open up and learn to love. His character has the most growth.
Honestly after episode 11 and the extension decision, the drama did lose some of its groove and spark. But episode 17 and 18 really lifts it back up along with my spirits.

In terms of ost theres quite a few tracks that are memorable, touching and suit the scenes.
In terms of picture this drama had some of the most beautiful cinematography. Spring is captured in full beauty.
In terms of sound because Do Kyeong is a sound director (what an awesome job) it also makes me appreciate that element.
In terms of clothing, i thought Hae Young's wardrobe kept improving. And like she says love makes her prettier.
In terms of hair, finally Do kyung gel up his hair in the last scene. He looks hotter that way instead of bangs

Rewatch value is high and thats a big plus in my book since i seldom rewatch but theres too many wonderful scenes in this drama. The plot is not without flaws and the characters aren't perfect but then is life ever perfect. This drama just push alot of the right buttons for me. Its a matter of taste but to me theres really a good balance of many things but still emphasizing the beauty of love. Sometimes its that simple: make your loved ones happyn and you are happy.