I'm So Pretty (2019) poster

• Genres: Comedy, School
  • Rating: Not Yet Rated

_Kihyo_
Apr 20, 2019
I thought this drama was just something about superficial beauty, but it's actually a bit more than that.

Story : It's pretty simple and not very surprising to be honest, although the concept itself is quite original. For me it looks like an anime parody or something like that, it's a really funny show overall, but you can also find some emotional or badass scenes in it, which really surprised me.
Multiple times they included some messages about beauty, makeup, like for example "why do you use makeup" it was pretty nice.

Characters : Acting wasn't especially great, but not that bad either, as for the characters, I didn't really like Song Shi Yao and Huang Zheng Yu, they were really average, almost boring. The antagonists were so great though, An Xi Yan is such an interesting character (you'll see why at the end aha). Lin Xi was also quite interesting.
I wish they would've developed the characters background more, especially the four queens, but there's only 20 episodes so sadly it wasn't possible...

Overall : The drama is way better than it looks, it's not something that is going to blow your mind either though. Watch it if you want something that will make you laugh and also wait for some fights and characters.