My Pretend Girlfriend (2014) poster

Japanese Movies
29 titles 1 love

rikali
May 2, 2015
This movie was slow,dragging at times and it seemed that the main characters didn't know what they were doing...at all.

The story could have offered so much more but it felt like it was cut off.
The ending left me not only unsatisfied but also a little bit confused.

The acting was good,especially the younger cast did quite a good job,but sadly-and I don't know if it's because of the lacking story line-I couldn't really connect with the characters well enough to get emotional about the things that happened to them.Thus I felt really unaffected by their whole story.
At times I was just very bored as there were a lot of things which were more than predictable and this movie had a lot of elements in it typical for Japanese melodramas.

I didn't really focus on the music while I was watching it.It seemed to fit the mood of the movie though,from what I can remember.

I wouldn't rewatch this.It's one of those movies you will easily forget because it just didn't affect you at all.

If you're bored/not in the mood for anything uplifting this movie will make you feel even more bored and may leave you feeling annoyed or even a little bit depressed.

It's not a movie I would recommend but at the same time it's not THAT awful.

I think it's up to you to decide whether you want to give this a try.But you'v been warned: this can be quite a waste of time.

noona
Dec 22, 2018
I feel like a lot of people who watched this were expecting a lighthearted and romance filled movie about youth. But it's really the complete opposite. It's a fictitious story, but the characters are very real and full of emotions. The movie is actually pretty serious and it shows how much youth really feels. The movie is shot in crisp and clear white light, showing an almost void of life type feeling that contradicts the deep feelings of the characters. This is a wonderful movie and I felt like attached to the people in this when it was done.
Jul 22, 2017
Hmm, this movie was okay, but kind of bad. The acting was really good, which saved the whole thing, but the execution of the story was boring and tiring. The idea was interesting, though, not very original. The only thing original, actually, was the ending, which can leave you disappointed...The love story had no intensity, though the chemistry between the two actors wasn't bad. And, there were some good moments, like the time the girl went to the boy's house and met his mother. Or the story about when she lost her sister at the park. But, the rest was so so, so 3 out of 10.

arashinta
Nov 9, 2019
What is even more sudden than lightning?"
- "Revenge."
"What is the greatest injustice?"
- "Having things you don't deserve."
"Who really understands this world?"
- "Those who understand themselves."
"What is the secret of 'eternity'?"
- "Love."
I'll tell you a secret. At first I want to give 6.0 for this movie because of its slow progress and uncertain ending. But then I did some cheating, I read others comment for this movie (I never do that before) and then... "Aaah!!! So that's how it goes! I didn't see that coming!" LOL
After that, I start to have different perspective for this movie. Yes it slow, but it have a deep and (a little bit) dark meaning (^_^)
(Not to mention that Mukai Osamu is so handsome with glasses <3)