Hi Everyone!

Here's our discussion thread for the 7th episode, which kpoptrash will set up for joint viewing via Synctube. People can chat live during the viewing on Synctube but please do share observations and comments in this thread, as well, so that as many people as possible can participate. Please use spoiler tags if you mention anything in your comments referring to 'later' episodes as we may have first time viewers reading these posts. 

Thank again for participating and making this experience a real pleasure! Sorry for posting this so late. I've been away from my computer, visiting family, this week. Also, I won't be able to be in the live watch, this week. Take care! =)

Thanks for opening the thread, dllmzca.     Looking forward to "seeing" everyone tonight....hopefully I'll be on time.    I can't wait to see what name Synctube gives me, this time!    GrouchyGarbage, anyone?

Sorry I’m so late this time! Damn Friday came fast!

A quick heads up for the rewatch of the seventh episode on Synctube:

Please check out the link from the last thread: It shows how to start the subtitles on your phone or tablet on synctube.

On computer using a browser though you are able to activate the subtitles the same way as on Youtube. Once you activate the subtitles on the first video the following videos will show them automatically.

The video also shows how you can change your user name for the chat. Please use the same user name as the one you use here on MyDramaList so people can recognize you.

Also if you can, please use a computer/laptop/tablet for the rewatch on Synctube. That way you can see the video on the left side of the display and the chat is on the right next to the video. This is the most convenient way. When using the phone it can be a bit inconvenient and also too small, but it also works.

I will share the Synctube link today (Friday), around 8 pm Bankok time, so everyone has enough time to enter and change their username. I will start the episode at 08:30 pm Bankok time. Between 08:00 an 8:30 I will drop some of the OSTs of the series in the watch playlist so we have some nice music while waiting for the episode to start - so feel free to already enter around 08:00 pm. :)

See you later! :)

See you all guys later! :)

Hiiii there :)

Click down below to enter the rewatch for episode 7 on Synctube.

Before that don’t forget to check out how the subtitles work on the phone/small tablets and how to change your username, if you didn’t already: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q5GkdopVuGE&ab_channel=Sina 
On computer the subtitles just work the same way as on YouTube. 

If you can, please use a laptop/computer or a bigger tablet for the rewatch as it is the most convenient way to watch and chat at the same time. Phone does work, too though.

If you enter the Synctube room and it says “no video” you may have to use a different browser or disable Browser extensions like Ad Blocker.

RULES:

- Please set your username as the one you use here on MyDramaList
- Don’t spam the chat and be nice to each other, please

And last but not least – have fun. :)

Click here to enter >>>> https://sync-tube.de/rooms/6-P1z0gok <<<<

Hellooo, what a fun rewatch again :)

- The episode again starts with Tian being unconscious and Phu at his side. Im glad Phu is by his side but damn Tian you should take care of yourself more!

- Phu is so mad looking at the burned down school and in the rewatch we were wondering what the yellow thing was that he found that was used to set the school on fire. Some kind of container or whatever :D

- Phu touching Tians face softly to see if he has a fever but also kinda caressing it is so cute

- Longtae is again being a good fella with calming Tian down and telling him that it's not his fault the school was set on fire

- Tian was certain to leave this place but Phu's words "Come and stay with me" changed his mind in an instant xD

- Flirting and more flirting - that describes this episode quite well. And also Earth showing off his body - which he should cause damn! Looking good.

- Also was it really necessary to come into the shower where Tian is and wash his face? xDDD No but YES, I love that scene.

- Phu pulling Tian onto the bed - waaah my heart. 

- Tian showing the kids how to brush their teeth but didn't even brush his own teeth in the first place xD

- Another precious scene with Longtae and Tian: Longtae asking if it's comfy staying at Phu's place and Tian complaining about him having to massage Phu LOL the smile of Longtae here is priceless

- The trio is on it again teasing Phu like crazy and I live for it. 

- How amazing is it again that Earth plays the khlui flute for real, I stan talent! That whole scene on the hammok is flirting at its peak.

- My heart ached when Phu said he feels lonely.. good thing he has Tian in the end, no need to feel lonely anymore.  

- Arghhh that "almost kiss scene". Sadly it didn't happen but my heart still skipped beats seeing Tian stroking Phus neck softly.

- I don't want to know the sorrow Tian felt thinking about telling the villagers about Torfuns death an himhaving her heart, he must be so nervous and anxious

- Lastly the extra scene in the end: OMG I love it xD It's just funny and nice to look at Phu ngl :D Tian you should have a good look at what could be yours xDD

Haa I was so tired today but I feel energized again now after rewatching with you guys. :) Hope to se everyone again next week!

Also Jaybird17 the song that played in the scene where Phu showed Tian the new school is The Return from Johannes Bornlöf : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yFWTyt9Osfw&ab_channel=JohannesBornl%C3%B6f-Topic 

kpoptrash:
My heart ached when Phu said he feels lonely.. good thing he has Tian in the end, no need to feel lonely anymore.  

This scene pains me too :( 

The kind of life Phu chose is pure altruism as he devoted himself completely in protecting the forest and the villagers just like his father. He set aside his own personal happiness to stay true to his cause that it must feel incredibly lonely until Tian came along and made him feel differently.

Chief Phu is stoic, impenetrable and totally committed that to admit his loneliness takes so much courage when he allowed his walls to break down and give his complete trust to Tian.  No one has ever made him feel that way which made me understand why he felt so betrayed in the next episode. 

Their love is so pure and true that it makes me love the series again and again and again...

I would have died if they made that kiss happen but it wasn't the perfect time since the conflict has not been resolved.

I love episode 7 and it's so fun to watch it with you guys even though we probably have sifted through different topics. 3 more episodes to go :(

kpoptrash:

Also Jaybird17 the song that played in the scene where Phu showed Tian the new school is The Return from Johannes Bornlöf : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yFWTyt9Osfw&ab_channel=JohannesBornl%C3%B6f-Topic 

kpoptrash, this is incredible! Thank you for taking the time to find it for me! 

I'm super in love with the musical score that there's a lot there we haven't discovered. 

Jaybird17:

kpoptrash, this is incredible! Thank you for taking the time to find it for me! 

I'm super in love with the musical score that there's a lot there we haven't discovered. 

No worries I knew that I heard the song before so it had to be somewhere in my "YouTube Rewatch songs playlist" haha. But there are still some songs left to be find that are not in the Spotify playlist.

kpoptrash:
Also was it really necessary to come into the shower where Tian is and wash his face? xDDD No but YES, I love that scene.

No, but we're not complaining and neither was Tian! hahaha

kpoptrash:
Another precious scene with Longtae and Tian: Longtae asking if it's comfy staying at Phu's place and Tian complaining about him having to massage Phu LOL the smile of Longtae here is priceless

And Tian too, the way he unconsciously smile just by remembering it was soo cute

kpoptrash:
- I don't want to know the sorrow Tian felt thinking about telling the villagers about Torfuns death an himhaving her heart, he must be so nervous and anxious

Me too, i wouldn't know when and how to start telling them the truth :( i mean where do you start?

kpoptrash:
- How amazing is it again that Earth plays the khlui flute for real, I stan talent! That whole scene on the hammok is flirting at its peak.

if you're looking for another reason why Earth was perfect as Phu here it is lol. Yes, perfect atmosphere for flirting and then Phu has to ruin the mood by saying the forbidden word (TORFUN!) lol jk

Jaybird17:
Chief Phu is stoic, impenetrable and totally committed that to admit his loneliness takes so much courage when he allowed his walls to break down and give his complete trust to Tian.  No one has ever made him feel that way which made me understand why he felt so betrayed in the next episode. 

I agree, understanding this really helps us understand Phu's POV. He was really ready to live his life alone and then Tian made him feel and want things he never even thought of before.

I really can't believe we're down to the last 3 episodes, let's all get ready to get our hearts broken again. Can't wait for friday!

Hi Everyone! As always episode 7 was very enjoyable.  I keep thinking how this whole show is a pure romantic drama versus the Romcom model of most BL’s.  There are a few others like ITSAY or Grey Rainbows, but it’s not common.  This episode has a lot of intimacy between Phupha and Tian which I really enjoyed.  Phupha’s washing Tian’s face and Tian giving Phupha a massage were such cute scenes.  They looked at times like an old married couple.  Phupha playing the Khlui was really such a romantic scene and was very touching, especially when he was singing to Tian. 

I love the kids as always and Tian always such a good job with them, even without a school.  I always felt he transitioned into this job so well.  I know I would never be able to do it.  This teacher student connection in this series is one of the best.  School almost seems fun here.

This episode has the troubling investigation by Nam into Tian.  The writing team should have done a little research here about patient privacy rights.  Ignoring that, the narrative of Tian’s crimes, or his deceptions add a lot of drama to the story, and this really enhanced the excitement in the whole series.  Of course, in the novel Tian has nothing to do with Torfun’s death so the doctor’s sleuthing would have been totally unnecessary. 

The ongoing drama with Sakda and his men is done well here and provides some more detail than the novel.  We see the two traitorous villagers in this episode – the deception that those two set up was done really well. It was a good idea to have Sakda infiltrate the village with some moles. 

The rebuilt school is such a uplifting moment in the series.  The kids bragging about what they did to help was so cute.  I felt Longtae’s acting here was really good – provides comfort to Tian but also gently pressures him into telling the truth about what Tian’s connection to Torfun.  He just does this with such fluent acting – it’s really impressive.   

Overall a great episode.  A lot is happening here and a lot more than in the novel.  There are so many more intimate scenes and plot lines [like the two traitorous villagers], you would have had to another 100 pp in the novel to include all that.  My opinion, as always, is that the additions are big improvements.  Have a great week everyone!

Hi Everyone!  Here's the latest chapter.  I'm sorry it's so long but this one was hard to condense and there are some very nice scenes in this one.  Have a nice week!

Chapter 18

Phupha reflects that he just wants to live for others and all his real feelings are swallowed up by this this way of living.

Tian thanks Phupha for saving him and says he is attempting to repay him by taking care of him while he is recovering from his injuries.  Phupha shuts his mouth to prevent Tian from feeding him.  Tian asks him why he’s so stubborn and won’t allow him to take care of him.  He asks Phupha when he thinks his wound will heal.  Phupha replies mysteriously that his wound will never heal.  Tian is a shaken by that statement seeing that Phupha, who seemed so strong was slowly breaking down. 

Tian tells Phupha that he will be leaving him one day and he says he wants to leave behind a good memory of himself.  Tian is crying when he says this and Phupha wipes the tears from his face. 

Tian then reveals that he is the recipient of Torfun’s heart.  Phupha says he is not surprised by that but that he is more surprised that Tian had Torfun’s diary.  Tian apologizes for having taken her diary.  Phupha replies to this “It doesn’t matter, just please don’t live your life to replace anyone else in the future.”  This statement thoroughly shakes Tian. 

Tian’s mind went blank and he reflects on how his life now was really that of Torfun and he cries profusely.  He was living the life of a volunteer teacher like Torfun and not that of Tian Sopasitsakul, the unprofessional rich boy. 

He mumbles something unintelligible like a madman while sobbing hard and shaking from the inability to accept the truth.

Phupha feels Tian’s pain but he doesn’t want to intervene because he feels Tian would not be able to get rid of Torfun’s influence if he helped him out.  Phupha takes Tian’s hand and tenderly wipes away his tears.  Tian says he feels like his body and heart are splitting in two.  Phupha tries to calm him by asking Tian to reflect on why he came to Phabandao village in the first place.  Tian was silent for a while but then finally answers that he came to fulfill Torfun’s last wish which was to pray to the stars at the end of the year and then confess her love for Phupha on Phabandao cliff.  Phupha says he has misinterpreted Torfun’s words in her diary because, in reality, it says one is supposed to count a thousand stars in the sky and then one’s wish would come true.  Tian asks in surprise that if he does that, will there be a miracle?  Phupha replies he doesn’t know because no one has succeeded in doing it yet.

The next day Longtae looks for Tian.  He’s been told that Tian will be leaving by the end of the year.  Longtae reflects that even if Tian is an impulsive person he was also one of the rather rare and sincere people he’s ever met.  Longtae finds him by the waterfall to the north of the village.  Longtae remarks that Tian looks sullen and asks if Tian wants to go home to Bangkok.  Tian replies that he does.  Longtae jokes that someone must have upset Tian, but seeing Tian’s sad expression he shuts up and then says Tian could rely on him to listen to his problems.  Tian asks if a person exchanged hearts would their mind be absorbed by a hidden memory from the other person’s heart.  Longtae laughs and says that that idea is like something from a sci-fi movie and asks how the heart can have memories?  Hearing Longtae’s opinion, Tian’s mind becomes more clear and he soon reflects that he now thinks of Torfun as merely a dead person and a person that does not have any control of his life.  Tian suddenly grins which spooks Longtae who asks if Tian is all right.  Tian thanks Longtae for his help. 

Longtae tells Tian that Khama has asked him to come to the school at 1 o’clock.  When they arrive he sees the school has now been rebuilt.  He sees the words “Happy New Year” are taped onto the walls, and soon the children run out to hug him.  Tian looks up to the smiling Khama.  Inside the school there is a table laden with pastries, biscuits and a very large chocolate cake.  Everything has been arranged by Khama and Tian reflects that ‘this is the most impressive party of my life,’ even though he’s been to many five-star hotel banquets.  After eating some cake Tian playfully takes some brown butter that was at the bottom of the cake tray and smears it all over Longtae’s face.  The children seeing this soon attack Tian and get cake all over his face.  Tian smiles even as his faces is covered with cake and thinks how he wants to collect all these precious memories before he leaves. 

Tian goes out at night headed for Phabandao cliff.  It’s on a nice sparsely wooded path with some fragrant smelling flowers that have a refreshing scent.  He soon comes to an open space and starts counting the stars.  The stars are beautiful and are densely packed in the sky.  The stars seem very bright and soon he becomes dazzled by them .  Tian starts getting a headache and becomes nauseous.  As soon as he counts more than 500 starts there is a blinding flash of light that makes him cry out in pain. 

Tian tries to revive himself and to renew his determination.  He starts counting again and does better even as a fleeting thought occurs to him that what he’s doing is rather stupid and ridiculous.    The light stings his delicate eyes and Tian feels dizzy but he grits his teeth and continues.  His body nearly falls over but he slaps himself on the cheek to clear his head.  It was as if thousands of starts were moving together in dazzling waves across the night sky.  Tian was panting as he saw success nearly at hand.  He was at 998, and his eyes became hollow and a hot crystal tear suddenly appeared and covered his eye.  He was then at 999.  Suddenly a large hand appeared above his eyes.  Phupha tells Tian, “That’s enough.”  Phupha’s fierce eyes softened sadly and he says, “You’ve done your best.”  Tian is upset and says he didn’t do this for Torfun and that he only did this for himself.  He then says that he doesn’t want to leave the village and he doesn’t want to leave Phupha.  Tian then kisses Phupha.  His body trembled and tensed and he holds onto Phupha for a long time.  In between sobs he tells Phupha that even though it started with Torfun, all his feelings were now his own.  Tian asks Phupha, “If I’m gone, will you forget me?”, Phupha replies, “I’ll never forget you, not even once.”  After a long time Phupha then says, “But when you go back, I want you to forget me.”  Tian backs away angrily and rebukes Phupha for his suggestion. Phupha tells Tian he should find someone of equal social standing.  Tian then tells him that it is impossible for him to forget Phupha.  Phupha tells him, “Let time be the judge of that.”    They hold on to each other and even though the night was chilly a wave of deep love tied them together and the warmth spread throughout their hearts.

Dawn finally comes and Tian is greeted by Longtae.  He tells Tian that someone has come to pick him up.  He soon finds it is his friend Tay.  They embrace but Tay soon admonishes Tian for what he’s done.  Tian says that ‘he couldn’t think of any other way’. Tay thanks Khama for looking after Tian.  They walk down the steep slope to get from the village down to the main road and Tian says goodbye to the people of the village.  Unexpectedly he finds the children have also come to say goodbye and they hug Tian while crying their farewell to him.  Seeing this Tay says to Khama that even though he had made his mother sick with worry, that he was glad Tian decided to go to Phabandao village.  Tian notices that Phupha isn’t there to say farewell and reflects that he really did intend for Tian to forget about him.  Tian with red teary eyes waves goodbye to everyone.  Tian grabs Tay’s hand and tries to rush away with him being embarrassed to show his vulnerability to the children. 

End of Chapter 18

Reposting in case someone missed the new thread:

Hello friends!

Click down below to enter the rewatch for episode 8 on Synctube.

Before that don’t forget to check out how the subtitles work on the phone/small tablets and how to change your username, if you didn’t already: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q5GkdopVuGE&ab_channel=Sina 
On computer the subtitles just work the same way as on YouTube. 

If you can, please use a laptop/computer or a bigger tablet for the rewatch as it is the most convenient way to watch and chat at the same time. Phone does work, too though.

If you enter the Synctube room and it says “no video” you may have to use a different browser or disable Browser extensions like Ad Blocker.

RULES:

- Please set your username as the one you use here on MyDramaList
- Don’t spam the chat and be nice to each other, please

And last but not least – have fun. :)

Click here to enter >>>> https://sync-tube.de/rooms/txfuSWd83 <<<<