Aira:

240808 MYM reuters - new outfit

Idk but for me this new outfit doesn't look any better. Lol

PXR taking photo of Zhang Shian

I have been in the 5 stages of grief since seeing that outfit. I’m really going crazy. 🥲I don’t understand how any professional can be okay with that look. I feel like she has an ugly fetish for female characters or something. 

BearFightingFanBackAgain:

I have been in the 5 stages of grief since seeing that outfit. I’m really going crazy. 🥲I don’t understand how any professional can be okay with that look. I feel like she has an ugly fetish for female characters or something. 

Is this ROATF all over again? Lol the hair and make up are good at least.

Wonder why this stylist is still getting hired for big dramas like this. 🤔

Aira:

Is this ROATF all over again? Lol the hair and make up are good at least.

Wonder why this stylist is still getting hired for big dramas like this. ?

Sadly it’s still not as bad  as RoaTF (T____T). RoaTF had 0 styling. This show at least has that… but this is the first time in my life that I have seen princess seam bodices that are loose. ;___; And the shoulder pads should be like half the size. The type of dress YXY is going for is actually really pretty (think slightly GoT styles dresses) but the fabric selection and construction and tailoring is terrible. 

I love the new color scheme of the new costume but the style is...lacking in something. However, Bear's 2nd link dress is so gorgeous!!! You definitely have an eye for fashion because the way you describe it sounds phenomenal. 

RegalValkyrie:

I love the new color scheme of the new costume but the style is...lacking in something. However, Bear's 2nd link dress is so gorgeous!!! You definitely have an eye for fashion because the way you describe it sounds phenomenal. 

The placement of the panel on the centre of the bodice is  awkward because the edges don’t look finished. It needs some trim and there could be more overall decoration. The lines of the seams look really awkward too because of the way the purple triangle insert on the bodice catches the eye (it’s messing with PXR’s lines). It’s too loose and not actually aligned with the curvature of her body. If the dresses need space cut them on the bias so they can be tighter fitting and have bit more stretch and also if they’re looser, they’ll sit better.  Or she could have used material with stretch. There also looks like there’s a weird diagonal dart or seam. The shoulders are way too wide too. If the shoulder pads were softer and smaller and waist clincher sat under on the waist, it would look better. 

True. I wonder how the full dress looks like? Are there any pics of yet? 

RegalValkyrie:

I think it’s what she wears while they stay in the inn . She should be lying down most of the time so maybe it won’t look so bad.  But if that’s the case, then MYM should be wearing  more comfortable clothing…

There’s a new angle of the flying leak but it says don’t repost so won’t post the link here. I’m guessing pictures/screenshots shouldn’t be reposted either. 

RegalValkyrie:

It looks better in the leak. Xiao Ran’s face and figure is really a masterpiece to hold this dress like she does. (T____T). And I read it’s a much later episode that they shot today. 

I totally agree. She made the dress looks really good on her.  PXR stands out and really look like a charming assassin. 

The scenes she filmed the past few days are not in the donghua. I wonder if they added scenes or is it in the novel?

I'm still waiting for her scene with Su Changhe. I hope they don't remove it in this drama. There's a calm scene with MYM and SCH and then a battle afterwards. 

Also waiting for another set of clothes that doesn't look unfinished. Lol and maybe a new hairstyle won't be too much? Hope MYM make up and styling team catch up to SMY styling. She is the official FL after all. 🙏

Aira:

The scenes she filmed the past few days are not in the donghua. I wonder if they added scenes or is it in the novel?

I'm still waiting for her scene with Su Changhe. I hope they don't remove it in this drama. There's a calm scene with MYM and SCH and then a battle afterwards. 

Also waiting for another set of clothes that doesn't look unfinished. Lol and maybe a new hairstyle won't be too much? Hope MYM make up and styling team catch up to SMY styling. She is the official FL after all. ?

I think it’s following the novel but I don’t know if it’s the whole novel. Some things are different from the book. I heard the Princess carry scene with SMY was deleted but it’s possible that was a safety issue. 

SCH should have some scenes with MYM though. There is the scene at the inn where he checks on her. 

I wouldn’t hold out hope on the costumes. YXY doesn’t seem able to do women’s clothing well. None of the female characters have good looking clothes. A lot of it relies on makeup, hair, and the actresses’s bearing. 

I think the amount of costumes might depend on the plot . MYM seemed to be wearing the same outfit all the time but in the storyline it’s around a 1-2 days (although I felt MYM could have changed her clothes when she reached the town, before they hired the carriage…🙂‍↕️). 

If the show follows them when they’re older, there should be a change in hairstyle for MYM (I hope). Her clothing style should change too if it’s like the donghua. 

When I read the novel, there's more than one scene with SCH and MYM. 

I wonder if they'll cover the arc where they tried to rescue TLY in the tang sect. There's a significant amount of scenes for MYM there.  

Aira:

When I read the novel, there's more than one scene with SCH and MYM. 

I wonder if they'll cover the arc where they tried to rescue TLY in the tang sect. There's a significant amount of scenes for MYM there.  

I think that may be the arc that they’re in now. There seems to be a lot of MYM and TLY scenes lately. Also, I think MYM will be in the same frame as MXW today!

I see.. Looking forward to the reuters now. I hope it's an outdoor scene. ^^