The first thing I thought when I started watching the drama Be Your Own Light was, “What kind of freedom of speech and free media can we talk about in such a communist autocracy as the PRC?!” That's why I have considered this series solely as a bedtime story for children. Indeed, what kind of free media can we talk about in China if absolutely all structures there, including traditional media, the Internet and even personal media, are controlled by the Communist Party of China?

The competition between different media, the need to present different points of view and reliable information shown in the drama are typical for democratic countries with a high level of civil society development. This is not the case in China, with its harsh dictatorship and censorship. However, we should pay tribute to the drama Be Your Own Light, because it does show the manifestations of this censorship to a certain extent.

Every time the Chinese journalists in the series found true information about the fraud and abuse of power by a major official, businessman or other wealthy person, they were silenced and not allowed to broadcast the information they discovered. In the third episode of the drama, when Bai Yang's boss told her about “right values”, I thought: “So for the Chinese, the right values are supporting russia in the war against Ukraine, which has done nothing bad to China?!” Scoundrels! Bai Yang was right in that situation, but her boss was a hypocrite.

Be Your Own Light is another series which shows that all men are goats. Those four suckers who lent money to Ou Kai Ge were to blame for their own problems, but instead of searching for Ou Kai Ge and demanding that he repay the debt, they found nothing better than to threaten and intimidate the innocent, defenceless woman He Huan. Four brainless bastards! Is this how Chinese men behave? What a shame! I've heard so many praises about Chinese men before, and it all turned out to be a lie. Chinese men are just like all other men: all they know how to do is to use women for their own benefit. I experienced it first-hand.

In 2022, I had the same difficult period as the main heroine at the beginning of the series. In one of the scenes in the drama, He Huan said that her life had become the same as it was thirteen years ago. My life has also rewound back thirteen years. I am very similar to He Huan. I'm just as decent as she is. I've never needed anything from anyone else. All my life I have tried to live according to God's commandments, so the devil didn't know how to approach me to destroy me.

So he tried to destroy me by using my great faith in God, but the Lord protected me. This is what faith in the true God and His Son Jesus Christ gives you. It gives salvation, unlike faith in all kinds of idols. The devil also tried to destroy me through love, but I have always loved Jesus more than anyone else, and Christ Himself showed me that. Given all this, I will only be with a decent man for whom honour, dignity and truth are not empty words. That's enough of the scarecrows. I am the kind of woman who can make every man happy. I will find an approach to each of them. But not every man can make me happy. Therefore, I will choose the man who can make me happy, and it is not a problem if he will be younger than me.

Do you remember that in my previous review on the drama Story of Yanxi Palace, I have written that I am a golden lady dressed in all red? Now look at the golden lady on the red background at the beginning of each episode of Be Your Own Light on YouTube. Also in my previous review, I have written about the Great Lion Aslan from The Chronicles of Narnia, which is the prototype of Jesus Christ, and the golden lion on the scarlet background, which is the coat of arms of Gryffindor in the Harry Potter series of books. For those who don't know, I repeat: in the Apocalypse of the Bible, the Apostle John calls Christ the Lion. So you should know how many more lions I found in my house while watching Be Your Own Light. One of my fridge magnets, which will be a hundred years old the day after tomorrow, features a lion and a lioness. Almost every tea box in my kitchen has a lion with a sword in its paw. And that's not all.

In the first frame of the opening credits of this drama, the main heroine is sitting in a yellow jacket on a blue background. And the last frame of the opening credits is again an image of golden Chinese hieroglyphs and English letters of the series title on a blue background. In the first episode, at 19:14, the protagonist is sitting on a sofa with a blue and gold cushion. In the eleventh episode, I liked the blue and yellow microphone. And in the nineteenth episode, at 36:27, I liked the yellow and the blue pillows. In the twenty-sixth episode, at 26:47, pay attention to the yellow and the blue clothes of He Huan and Zhang Ke. Also note the yellow and blue logo of the official He Huan's personal media page in the thirty-third and subsequent episodes, as well as the yellow and the blue letters in the kitchen of the main hero Jiang Jun Hao.

In the first episode, at 2:15, the balcony on which He Huan is standing has a pattern on it that, if you turn it over, resembles a capital English letter G”. I have seen this pattern in other places in the drama. The same pattern is depicted on one of my Ukrainian-made bedspreads, which I have mentioned in my review on New Face. I saw a similar pattern on the carpets in The Legend of Kublai Khan. The pattern in the shape of the capital English letter “G” is also depicted on one of my packages. I started to see familiar patterns not only in Chinese historical dramas, but also in Chinese dramas about the present.

Probably, I will meet my “Gu Qian Fan” soon, if not this year, then next one. The Lord is telling me that my husband will be younger than me. He has hinted at this in Dr. Tang, and He is also hinting at it in this drama. Speaking about Dr. Tang. There is a female character in that series named Wu Min Min. She also married a man who was younger than her. So, recently I took out my old little handbag, which I hadn't used for a long time. On it was written min min”.

In the fifth episode of Be Your Own Light, at 22:01, there are sunflowers in a vase, which, as you may know, is a symbol of Ukraine. In the eleventh episode, at 36:46, a flower vendor puts sunflowers in a vase. In the same episode, that vendor gifted He Huan with one of those sunflowers. In the sixteenth episode, at 14:04, you can also see sunflowers. Take a look at the promotional photos for this drama. On them, almost every actor and actress is standing with a bouquet of sunflowers.

There was also a lot of the sun in the drama. The fifth episode showed a building called Suning Plaza. The restaurant to which Zhang Ke brought Zhao Yuan Yuan in the seventeenth episode was called Sunset Sky. Also note the sun in the twenty-third episode at 33:09 and the sun on the computer screen in the twenty-fourth episode at 16:31. In the series, I again have heard more than once the phrase that the Chinese are very fond of, namely Where there's a will, there's a way”. I have lost count of how many Chinese dramas I have heard this phrase in.

In the eleventh episode, I was particularly interested in the episode where a woman reported that she had been cheated by one Chinese actor. This woman in that episode at 9:00 says she will jump from the thirty-third floor. And now remember what I have written in my previous review on Story of Yanxi Palace about the age of Jesus Christ's death and resurrection. In the nineteenth episode, He Huan's child, Zimo, received a Pikachu toy as a gift. And what did I write about Pikachu in my previous review? :):):) God is joking and joking. :):):):):) In the same episode, when He Huan told the children that the greatest sage was Confucius, and the second sage was Mèngzǐ, aka Mencius, I thought: “Yeah, such “sages” have gathered, that my head is already overwhelmed by their “wisdom”. О_о  О_о О_о  Both of them are jerks. :):):)

Also, in the nineteenth episode, He Huan recited to the children lines from the second Harry Potter book, entitled Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets. Listening to her, I remembered my childhood and early youth. I grew up with Harry and, like millions of children (and not only children), I was looking forward to the release of the next book about him. I have the first edition of some of the seven books about Harry in Ukrainian translation. By the way, the Ukrainian translation of the Harry Potter books is considered one of the best in the world. As you might have guessed, I, like He Huan, love to read.

In the twenty-first episode, He Huan ate sweets at night. The night before I watched that episode, I couldn't sleep and ate sweets at the same time that Jiang Jun Hao woke up in that episode and looked at the clock. In the same episode, “1978” is written on the front of Bai Yang's windbreaker. The actress Qin Hai Lu, who performed Bai Yang, was born in 1978. In the thirty-first episode, Bai Yang said that in the more than ten years she has worked in traditional media, she has never had her own office. In my ten years of work, I've never had my own office either. Also in the series, Bai Yang wanted to change her profession but changed her mind. I, on the other hand, decided not to work in my profession anymore.

In the twenty-second episode, the main hero sings a song called A Ray of Light in the Darkness. Pay attention to the lyrics of this song.  For me a ray of light in the darkness is the Lord Christ. In the thirty-first episode, Jiang Jun Hao said that his high school class teacher was an English teacher. My class teacher in the last two years of school was also an English teacher.

In the twenty-sixth episode, pork knuckles were mentioned again, as they were in New Face and The Sword and the Brocade. I have tried those pork meatballs. It's a rare disgusting thing. Pork is too heavy for my stomach.

In one of the scenes in the twenty-ninth episode, the protagonist's father said that he used to think that Ou Kai Ge was just an introvert, but in the end he realised that Ou Kai Ge was actually ruthless. Doesn't this remind you of anyone?! In the thirtieth episode, I saw the inscription One for All, All for One”. That phrase was the motto of the three musketeers in the novel with the same title by French writer Alexandre Dumas.

In the thirty-second episode, at 17:14, a woman tells the protagonist that she is from River Snail Home Service. Before I watched that episode, I received a gift of a pattern on fabric for beadwork of a river snail. The first book that He Huan recommended to readers in her online project in the thirty-third episode was a book called Live The Way You Want. And the next phrase He Huan said after she announced the title of that book was the words “What is the life you want?” In fact, these two phrases are addressed by God to me personally. I can answer. I want the life that God wants for me. People sometimes don't know what they want, but God always knows what is best for each person.

In the thirty-fifth episode, in one of the scenes, He Huan holds a book in her hands, in which thirty-four women-writers reflect on the connection between mother and daughter. And I am thirty-four years old now. Also in that episode, the protagonist told the writer Chen Xin Yuan that she had read one of his books three times. Well, and I watched three times the Chinese historical drama Tribes and Empires: Storm of Prophecy. :) In the thirty-sixth episode, He Huan mentions the writer Stefan Zweig. I know the name of this author. I have read one of his works.

Bai Yang's boss, Mr. Zou, told Mr. Qiu in the thirty-fifth episode that if he didn't dye his hair, he would be a full-fledged white-haired witch. And now remember what I have written to you in the previous review about the White Witch from The Chronicles of Narnia. In the same episode, the character Liu Lin Du was arranging pencils. The day before I watched that episode, I also put my pencils in order.

In the thirty-ninth episode, at 29:03, the clock in the drama showed the beginning of seven o'clock in the evening. It was at that time on 23 June that I started watching that episode. At the end of the same episode, Bai Yang's blouse has a tigress depicted on it. I have an old blue sweater with the head of a tigress on the front. This sweater is many years old, but I have only recently discovered what is painted on it.

Well, Chinese actors and actresses, have you finally realised that everything revolves around me, not you? You are just dolls who act the real people who are us, the viewers. Don't forget that once upon a time you have been nobodies and your work has been valued at a penny. God can bring those times back again. Show business will never defeat God.

I was glad that Liu Tao followed my advice and was not afraid to act in a pair with an actor much younger than her. It is a pity that this is not a historical drama. If she had acted an empress and Liu Yuning a general in love with her, it would have been even cooler. If you put Liu Yuning in the armour of a general, he would look like Lee Joon Gi as Wang So from Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart Ryeo. They are indeed very similar in appearance. Liu Tao and Liu Yuning have the same surname, so they are destined to portray a love couple. :) And I would have been surprised if Liu Tao and Liu Yuning hadn't sung the soundtracks for the drama. I immediately recognised their voices in the songs.

Liu Tao has once again chosen the right role. Her roles, like her acting talent, are getting better and better. In the drama Be Your Own Light, she has performed me, for which I am grateful to her. And Liu Yuning can be confidently called not only a singer but also an actor. He has not only a beautiful voice, but also good acting skills. He did a good job with his role. I am completely satisfied with his performance. He has acted much better than those who call themselves actors but are not, in particular, such schmucks as Wei Da Xun, Xu Kai, Wang Yi Bo and that “panda” Sun Jian. :)

In addition to Liu Tao, there is another gorgeous woman in the series. This is Qin Hai Lu. I have a similar figure to her, but since she is much older than me, I certainly look much younger. The way she looks now, I will look in fifteen years, at least. It could be said that I look like younger Bai Yang, but have a character like He Huan. Although gradually I'm becoming more like Bai Yang in personality. :) Like Bai Yang, I love wearing hoops on my head. I also liked her long, large earrings.

But I don't like Chai Bi Yun either in appearance or in her acting. In the drama, she was always “running around” with that teddy bear. It's not surprising. She acted with him in two shows. :):):) I also didn't like her character Zhao Yuan Yuan. She can be described in the following words: a cunning, unprincipled fox who is only interested in money.

I really didn't like her boyfriend Zhou Jia Qi either. He was very stupid and very stingy. I hate stingy and greedy men. If a man doesn't want to spend money on a woman, then let him sit alone... all alone. :) I agree with what He Huan says in the second episode, that if a man truly loves a woman, he won't be stingy when it comes to spending money on her. But that's what a real man would do. A miser will regret spending every penny on his woman.

When I first saw Lu Fang Sheng in the drama, I thought: “Well, hi, Emperor.” :) When I looked at his character in Tribes and Empires, I thought: “Whom did you make the crown prince, you jerk?! Have you no brains?!” :):):) Here he has acted the same kind of jerk. :) And it was hard for me to look at Dai Gao Zheng throughout the series. It's really hard to look at a man who has a face like Ken's. Another “child” of plastic surgery, like Sun Jian. Those Chinese are strange. They make fun of Koreans in South Korea for having plastic surgery, and at the same time, the Chinese are doing the same thing en masse, including Chinese actors. О_о

The one I really liked was the main heroine's son Zimo. He was SOMETHING!!! While watching the drama, I said out loud to him: “Kid, be simpler”. :):):) Zimo has said right in the thirty-second episode: you have to do what you love. Now I follow this rule in my life. 

There were two moments in the drama that really struck a chord with me. The so-called mother in the series, who has caused her daughter to commit suicide, is an average Chinese mother. Chinese women are used to using their daughters as a means of enrichment and solving the problems of the whole family.

Probably, the Chinese are not aware of the rule established by God Himself that a man should provide for a woman, not a woman for a man. I was wondering how those two big bulls, i.e. the father and brother of that unfortunate girl, felt. Two brainless, useless idiots!   It was a pity that He Huan saved that woman. I wanted her to fall down and feel what her daughter felt in the last seconds of her life.

And that stupid wench who filmed in the thirty-sixth episode with her smartphone how He Huan was saving people was the image of an average Chinese. Instead of helping to rescue people injured in an accident, she shot a video to promote herself on the Internet, and as a result, she promoted He Huan. :) In that case, God even turned evil into good by using that selfish wench to help He Huan.

These are my thoughts on the Chinese drama Be Your Own Light. I hope that I have interested you in my review and that you will watch this drama if you haven't already. Although there are some flaws in it, for which I have lowered the score, they are not critical. And now, like the main heroine of this drama, He Huan, I am my own light, because, after all, I am the moon. :)

In the end, I will say one more thing. To the Chinese actress Xu Lu and that scarecrow who has confessed his love to her seven times and who hasn't wanted to act as a couple with Liu Tao in a historical drama, the Marshmello & Anne-Marie song FRIENDS is very suitable. I almost died of laughter listening to that song and watching the official video to it. Sherlock Holmes called the woman he admired “the Woman”, and I called the one I despised “that scarecrow”. “Elementary, my dear Watson”. :) By the way, on one of my shoe boxes it is written “SHERLOCK SOON”.

That scarecrow will not “dance” for long. God will soon destroy him. Evil must be punished. I cried because of him for ten months in 2022. The Entire Heaven heard me. God will destroy everyone who laughed at me. Get ready, freaks, you are next. There will be such “pam pam pa hoo, turram pam pa hoo” that the whole earth will shake.

If you only could know how much I despise all those who, in the most difficult times for me, have laughed at me, my grief and my faith in God. They will all receive a worthy “reward” from the Lord. Anyway, they will never understand my bright, kind, generous and broad Ukrainian soul. And for those who envy me and my talents, I can gift a frog so that it  would crush them all out of their envy. :):):)

What kind of “Nazis” Ukrainians really are is shown by the Ukrainian and the beauty Gaitana with her song from Ukraine at the Eurovision Song Contest 2012 called Be My Guest. I'll give you a link to this song, because you're so stupid that you won't find it yourself: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1OPjIMlTrSM. And I, like Gaitana, invite all those who understand and support me to come to Ukraine... to be my guest. :)

P.S. A little more sun from God and Gaitana to me and you in another of her songs: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5fhvcJFKskA.