Someone pointed out that this is one of the lowest scores they've seen in a drama. If not the lowest they've seen. So I dashed over to my records and it is in fact the second lowest drama that I've viewed on this site. THIS DOES NOT make sense to me at all for the following reasons:

1. The people on this site rated the mess that was Love By Chance 2 a 7.1 on average. That whole season was half of a poorly constructed remake of its first season in which the ML actors seem just as confused and unwilling as this viewer and half was an inconsistent rich family drama in which the older brother pulls an Itachi Uchiha moment that I was so confused about why it was necessary. Disjoint is the nicest thing I can say about the plot. So much so that someone suggested I leave it for a few months before watching it because it is impossible to sit through after watching season one. The actors' chemistry actually got worst after spending more time working together. This was worst than Check Out. 

2.  Even Sun which was half of a half story with beautiful actors and half of an amazing beach scenery (they are only on the island for half of the series). The main couple gets no development they just go from 0-100 in the last episode and a half.  They threw in a bunch of random flashbacks at the very end in order to patch some of the holes in the swiss cheese plot. You guys gave it a 7.1 I feel like this drama was not better or worse than check out.

3. Though everyone has their reason or excuse you guys are sitting to the end. Let me tell you if I am not marathoning a series where I can fast forward over the parts that drive me nuts I AM NOT WATCHING IT! Many of you are sitting and waiting for the next bad episode. In a week I would've forgotten the series existed. Trauma response it right out my mind.  

So I really don't know if I can trust you guys as a unit. What criteria are we using to rate these dramas? Does ANYONE have a spare rubric because I promise you I did not get it the first time?  The flip side to this 17,000 people on another site may have rated this a 9.4. In my humble opinion this is incorrect, but just watch it and decide for yourself.

It says you're been a member of mdl since 2017, are you honestly just now realizing this? Great dramas can get low scores while horrible dramas can get high scores for the dumbest reasons. I learned that pretty early on here and that rating don't really mean anything. Better to look at the comments and (maybe) some reviews to really see if a show is worth your time.

I was a member for about three months when I was on bed rest. Then dropped off because LIFE started again. Always just went for anything 7 and higher. Started a new job with lots of free time early this year and have been back watching dramas. since march. I really did not catch on. Now I am there.

ShotaSidePart:

It says you're been a member of mdl since 2017, are you honestly just now realizing this? Great dramas can get low scores while horrible dramas can get high scores for the dumbest reasons. I learned that pretty early on here and that rating don't really mean anything. Better to look at the comments and (maybe) some reviews to really see if a show is worth your time.

Yeah, I agree with this. Comments over scores. I mostly use the scores now to feel out how my train of thought compares to the masses, cause introspection and personal growth and what not. Generally, I'm on the same page in opinion about shows scored 5 or less, but I've found some real gems in the 6s. 

Well, I must say that I lost some worthy time lost on Check Out and Even Sun that I could have used to watch other interesting shows. Also, the rating thing is hon total bullshit. Some series are totally overrated while other are totally underrated. However, I’ve even lost some faith in comments. I’ve seen plenty of comments promote some series know to be simply horribly bad like What the duck. It literally is making me believe that people are sometimes paid to write those revues that are saying good things about bad series and to rate them with excessively high grades.

Wait, are you saying you think this series was good? If you are - well, I realize that we all see things differently, but this was objectively bad, so you're wrong. I'm kidding, but I am surprised that anyone would think it was underrated. I did like it better than Even Sun (except the boxer guys. I liked them a lot), and I didn't even watch A Chance to Love, it looked so bad and the comments were so savage.

I suffered through this dull lump of a show because the original special episode was so good, I guess I kept hoping it would recapture that spirit, but it did not. Then I was watching because I had a crush on Tee and the hints of Ice/Tee were beginning. The post-series ep about Ice & Tee wasn't exactly good, but it was better than the previous 12 episodes, and that was some serious love scene going on there. I really liked that they didn't hold back. I don't like love scenes that are just there to be there where it's clear the actors really don't want to be there. But if you told me Ice & Tee were really a couple I would believe you.

Honestly, I found this series neutral. I stopped around ep 7 and decided complete the rest sporadically as the mood hits or if the mood never hits it won't get finished.  It really was just confusing seeing this rating and frustrating. There are certain dramas I watch on recommendation and they were nightmares yet they are still hanging around with passable ratings. I would call this drama loosely something to do if you are really hard up and can't get to sleep on a Tuesday and it got the rating I wished the others had.  

ShotaSidePart:

Like 2gether. my god that drama is so bad and the acting as well. it seems like a cash grab aimed at straight women (which is actually the core essence of BLs in general)

Mijustmi:

I was a member for about three months when I was on bed rest. Then dropped off because LIFE started again. Always just went for anything 7 and higher. Started a new job with lots of free time early this year and have been back watching dramas. since march. I really did not catch on. Now I am there.

Oh, ok makes sense then. Yea, the rating system is trash. Read the synopsis, the reviews and comments and see if the drama is worth your time. I dropped Check Out at epi 7 as well as  could just not continue it's so bad. 

arismotive:

Like 2gether. my god that drama is so bad and the acting as well. it seems like a cash grab aimed at straight women (which is actually the core essence of BLs in general)

2gether was not that great but there are worse dramas out there in which case I would gladly pick 2gether over. Honestly I find that people will rate a drama highly simply for their favorite actor to show their support. That's fine, it's coming from a good place, but it's also a disservice cause when something is bad, it should be called out as such so we don't get more of them.

I don't think the rating system is trash, at least once enough people vote to drown out the "strategic" voters. But it shouldn't be the only criteria for your decision about what to watch. If I see somehing that's below 7 that a fairly reliable indicator that it's terrible. But if it's 7.7, then that's ambiguous and I'll want to know more. MDL voters severely punish brevity - the Best Series Ever Written would get a 7 if it's six 30-minute episodes, and the same thing will get an 8.6 if it's stretched out to twelve draggy and repetetive 45-minute episodes. So a 7.7 for a shorter series to me is a good rating.

Then look at the comments. Some people give a series a "1" if there's any sex in it, or if there's any male aggression in it, etc., so it's important to see why people have issues. If the complaint are "it's really boring" or "nothing makes sense", then that's something to listen to.

Speaking of 2gether, it's interesting how its rating has sunk over time - it's fallen to 7.8 and it used to be much higher. Sometimes there's excitement over something when it comes out that doesn't hold up well, so the time since airing should also be a criterion in your evaluation.

Using 2gether as an example, I gave it a "9" at first because the first few eps were really good - it was refreshing to see two normal guys as leads, but after ep 6 it turned as formulaic as is achievable and became dreck. I forgot I'd given it a 9 until someone pointed it out later and I lowered it. But many viewers likely binged it long after it aired and so gave it a more realistic grade and so the overall rating sank.

I agree, I don't take the comments nor the ratings too serious on this page. Because it often turns into a hivemind of bad taste and bad judgement.  Good dramas get trashed for ridiculous reasons. Especially if they are 18+ because: buhu plots with sex scenes are bad apparently........ And some people don't even have the patience to watch dramas. So now we have a mediocre drama with morally grey characters, cheating and a bunch of sex scenes here, so that's automatically a no-go for a lot of people regardless of the plot quality....   

"Check Out" is indeed a bit of a mess at points but it is definitely NOT the worst BL ever (that's still "Fujimi Orchestra" imo)! "Check Out" is more like a messy, trashy soap.  Which is watchable if you turn your high expectations and morals a bit lower and watch it as an outsider and not trying to look for someone to project onto or root for. I watched it more as  a comedy and completely neutral, was not rooting for anyone and just stayed to see the dumpsterfire unfold, with a bit of skipping tbh (no wait, I was rooting for Ices happiness at the end, the only guy with some brain cells lol). 

Gave it a 5.5