awkward potato:

Question: Where does Xuan Ye fit in this scenario? Or is he specifically added into the drama? Please mark your reply as spoiler, thanks!

In the novel, Xuan Ye  was the twin brother of Liu Wei Yang/Xuan Xiang. Xuan Ye had a role in recovering Liu Wei Yang's memory. Liu Wei Yang eventually joined the trio in their adventure of recovering the 4 artifacts weapon. He was actually the first one to remember his past. Xuan Ye in the novel was lovesick just like in the drama but his ending was unknown. Author did not go too deep into Xuan Ye's story so the XuanYe in drama is a completely new and different character. That's why the hype of Xuan Ye is even bigger in China because that character is brand spanking new lol. 

GillianVarios:

In the novel, Xuan Ye  was the twin brother of Liu Wei Yang/Xuan Xiang. Xuan Ye had a role in recovering Liu Wei Yang's memory. Liu Wei Yang eventually joined the trio in their adventure of recovering the 4 artifacts weapon. He was actually the first one to remember his past. Xuan Ye in the novel was lovesick just like in the drama but his ending was unknown. Author did not go too deep into Xuan Ye's story so the XuanYe in drama is a completely new and different character. That's why the hype of Xuan Ye is even bigger in China because that character is brand spanking new lol. 

Douyin is legit so hyped for XuanYe Lmao. That XuanYe bgm of he saying stop struggling is used sooo often LMAO. Like so many ppl are using it

Euphoria:

Douyin is legit so hyped for XuanYe Lmao. That XuanYe bgm of he saying stop struggling is used sooo often LMAO. Like so many ppl are using it

You wouldn't believe what I made that BGM and video into LOL. I am too on knees for him. I made it into a short cut on my phone so I can just hit the play button and listen to that voice anytime. 

GillianVarios:

You wouldn't believe what I made that BGM and video into LOL. I am too on knees for him. I made it into a short cut on my phone so I can just hit the play button and listen to that voice anytime. 

oh btw do u know the chinese app for douyin's live wallpaper?? U know how tiktok has a companion app where u can do live wallpapers? does douyin have one like that??

Euphoria:

oh btw do u know the chinese app for douyin's live wallpaper?? U know how tiktok has a companion app where u can do live wallpapers? does douyin have one like that??

I have no idea what's the app. I didn't even know TikTok has such companion app. Are you trying to make live wallpaper on your phone? I made mine through Iphone ShortCut which took me a whole night. Wow if such an app exist then...May be I can look it up later? 

GillianVarios:

I have no idea what's the app. I didn't even know TikTok has such companion app. Are you trying to make live wallpaper on your phone? I made mine through Iphone ShortCut which took me a whole night. Wow if such an app exist then...May be I can look it up later? 

i saw tiktok has one so since douyin is the mother app, it should too righT? I dont wanna download tiktok and having to keep it on my app since i dont like tiktok (i look down on it tbh)

GillianVarios : "I was a minority for liking YingYuan back in the day. There was so much more of the YingYuan character we couldn't see in the novel. God I am so happy they adapted this into a drama and made YingYuan the actual main lead who actually gets the girl."

Thanks for the insightful posts about the original story in the novel. I really enjoy reading them.  It's wonderful to be able to get an additional glimpse of what happened and what was changed from novel to drama.  I didn't read the novel, but honestly, I'm very happy with the way the drama is adapted with the storyline regarding YY/TZ/YD.  It's very nicely done.  Perhaps if readers are into love lost and regrets, then they would enjoy the novel instead.  For those who treasure happily ever after, like me, prefer the drama adaptation in which YD is expected to be with YY/TZ.  Although the journey may be angsty, but they would end up with each other in the end -- however long it takes. I'm glad you get to finally see YY gets the girl here! =)

The way the drama executed their love story is wonderful. U know exactly when they moved hearts and when they realize their feelings. Unlike many other dramas that seems so confusing 

Thanks so much for this thread!! In the novel, how does Tang Zhou react once he finally recovers his memories?

liteulkwin:

Thanks so much for this thread!! In the novel, how does Tang Zhou react once he finally recovers his memories?

I am glad you find it helpful!

So this is another part that would be different from the novel. There was no emotional perspective of TangZhou at all in the novel. After recovering the 3rd weapon, TangZhou suddenly did not want to find the last weapon anymore. The last and final one is his own weapon-dont know what’s it called in English but its the cup-looking weapon with a flower on top. The one he used to fight the demon lord in the initial episodes. So TangZhou does not want to find the weapons anymore, YanDan and Yumo said OK and went back to their home. Few months passed and for some reason TangZhou went to the Spirit Land place without announcing. That’s when it triggers the awakening of the last weapon that has been hidden in the Spirit land this whole time. Apparently, it was protecting the land so that the spirits could live a peaceful life. This has to do with the weapon properties. 

Anyways, when TangZhou recovered the last weapon. The gods and deities came down from Heaven Realm to congratulate and recover his position/title. This is when the arc in Heaven opens-talking about YanDan and YingYuan previous life. This was told in YingYuan perspective and there was some good emotional description for YingYuan. — This is when the novel readers learn about the true identities of Yandan and Yingyuan . This was just a shock for everyone reading the novel. No one could have guessed lol. 

That’s it! That’s when TangZhou cease to exist in the novel and we got 0 perspective of how he feels at all. Retroperspectively, I guess TangZhou had started to remember something after collecting the 3rd weapon and so he decided not to remember at all to avoid hurting Yandan but i am not sure why he changed his mind. May be because he needs all 4 to protect the 3 worlds? 

Now I know why I hear ppl say that novel is messy and the writing skills isnt that good. We only see one perspective so when a character suddenly does something, it kinda creates a plot. No explanations at all

I've been hearing a lot of spoilers  about those parts but I didn't know the author didn't explain at all ? now I get why someone said the drama filled up a lot of holes from the novel

It’s a female centric novel so its fine if the guys/romance wasnt polished. The drama is romance/cp centred so its understandable certain things are different. 

GillianVarios:

It’s a female centric novel so its fine if the guys/romance wasnt polished. The drama is romance/cp centred so its understandable certain things are different. 

And the novel fans acted like it's was some masterpiece of a writing skill and the drama ruined it. Imo, it filled up a bunch of holes that novel left behind. What great skill? Great skill that is digging holes?

I’ve got a request to make another FAQ for part 2, so I’ll be including some stuff from our discussion here. Thank you for those who’ve helped out in answering!

Wow.. A lot of my questions were answered here! I do still have one question though... All the bad things that are happening in the drama.. the main hidden villain that no one knows, was it not in the novel? I want to know who is the baddie that is trying to kill our YY and cause chaos for the three realm.