Who do you think are the most underrated C-actors/ actresses.

Li Qin and  Shen Yue come to my mind.

_MooBerry_:

I don’t really think they are underrated, they are pretty popular 

I agree with this sentiment.  Even if the OP is limiting the question to MDL, most actors and actresses get a lot of respect from this site. I tend to watch more Chinese dramas than any other, and most actors and actresses have plenty of opportunities to showcase themselves, and usually from a young age. Trying to find someone who has been around long enough to make a name for themselves, yet not gain recognition for their obvious skill is tough to find. Li Qin is a popular and award winning actress. Shen Yue is still relatively young (24), and has only been in the business since 2017, so it is hard to say she is underrated.

Betty Wu (Wu Xuan Yi) - but it is because her first dramas aired this year, so she not known much yet. She was amazing in the drama Sweet Teeth.

Bai Lu. Her acting is fantastic. Please give my girl more projects. ;___;

I also discovered Vivienne Tien recently (the drama was Be Yourself) and was blown away by the depth of her acting. She is gorgeous as well. Hopefully she gains traction in the industry!

Cheng Yi! 

Just discovered him and he's phenomenal. Totally love him in Immortal Samsara and Love and Redemption. Will be watching his other material soon. 

annmayleigh:

Cheng Yi! 

Just discovered him and he's phenomenal. Totally love him in Immortal Samsara and Love and Redemption. Will be watching his other material soon. 

I totally agree with you, I recently just watched Immortal Samsara and it was the first time I saw Cheng Yi's work and acting and I was very impressed. That man just has amazing talent and he deserves a lot more recognition for his amazing acting. 

MilkyJungkyu:

I totally agree with you, I recently just watched Immortal Samsara and it was the first time I saw Cheng Yi's work and acting and I was very impressed. That man just has amazing talent and he deserves a lot more recognition for his amazing acting. 

Right? Can you imagine he played 3 different characters in one drama? Maybe even 4. I think Ying Yuan of the Asura clan is a separate character from Ying Yuan Di Jun. 

All in all, excellent work from this guy who is finally  getting the recognition he deserves. And now, us fans get to see more of him now that he’s going to get more projects. ?

I recently got blown away by Zhou Yiwei's acting as general xiao qi in rebel princess. It was amazing because he didn't talk much, didn't move much, but you can immediately feels his charisma as a leader overpowering everyone in the scene with him. definitely one of the best portrayal of a general i've ever watched.

Chen Hao Lan fits the bill for me.

Entered the business at 20-21 after being a runner up in some sort of competition. 21-22 gets her first lead role in My Girlfriend Assassin. Since then she's been supporting cast in a few dramas. I know she's listed as "main" but she's supporting cast in everything I have seen her in since. She's not the female lead.

I hope she gets more leading roles. I love her expressive face.

Whimsy:

I also discovered Vivienne Tien recently (the drama was Be Yourself) and was blown away by the depth of her acting. She is gorgeous as well. Hopefully she gains traction in the industry!

Whimsy:

No way, Bai Lu is not underrated ? I see her everywhere even though I don’t  watch her dramas anymore.

Connoisseur of Gratitude:

No way, Bai Lu is not underrated ? I see her everywhere even though I don’t  watch her dramas anymore.

I agree. Bai Lu is well recognized.  She doesn’t lack resources either. She’s favored by iQiyi, worked with Tencent and has a  a big budget Youku drama on the way, has shows in major TV networks both in drama and variety. Yu Zheng’s company has a good bargaining power and connections too.

and Cheng Yi is literally a liuliang. But maybe internationally, the op’s right.

Li Yitong is one that comes to mind for me. She nails every role I have seen her in, but her popularity hasn't caught any traction with the average Chinese audience. Her roles are often too serious to capture the interest of a wide audience.