Ideas of possible improvement in MyDramaList

This discussion has been closed.

Hello !

First of all, sorry for my bad english, I'm french ;)

So as a frequent user of MyDramaList I thought of possible improvement that could be done. I think others maybe had the same ideas but I really wanted to talk about it thinking that it could bring some help or encouragment to the administrators !

So my first idea was simple : as we can "like" an actor or singer by clicking on the heart, I think it could be useful to have an other button to press in order to "follow" an actor or singer. It could be great in the way that, if the one we follow appears in a new drama or is mentionned in an article written by the administrators, you would receive a notice ! I think it's a good way to find new drama or to attach to new actors ! As I follow regularly my favorite actors, sometimes I forget about them by watching other dramas and then some months later I realize they started a new drama and I have to catch up my delay ! Maybe a functionnement using the link of their names could make it ?

That was my first idea but also I wanted to talk about something that annoys me. As a lover of webdrama or shortdrama, I search a lot on the internet for new things in this category to watch and I found some of them that are really good and funny to watch but I find it sad that it doesn't appear on MyDramaList as webdrama are sometimes barely watched... I think for exemple of the channel on Youtube "Beautiology" that makes a lot of it and good contents. So ! Actors such as Kim SeongHyeon (or Kim SeongHyun 김성현) are really hard to follow and to discover when I find MyDramaList useful in this way ! But as these dramas are underrated I won't blame you for not finding them but it could be good to add some more webdramas...

And it makes me ending with my last "idea" ! I think it would be great if at the categories on the top of the page with "Home", "Shows"... could be added some more categories. I find it annoying that dramas and shows (emissions) are put in the same category ! It would be great if we separate them by making to categories and even, maybe if there is enough to put in there, another category for webdramas !

So that's it ! If think it's already a lot and I don't know if any of you had the time and the energy to read all of it but I just wanted to express my ideas and opinions on this page !

Thank you so much for reading ! °^.^°

Love the suggestions, especially the follow actor one. However, you've posted this in the wrong forum. Can you please repost this in the suggestion forum here: https://mydramalist.com/discussions/suggestions

Also, please break down each idea in it's own thread. That way users can give points to the suggestions they like, and the ones that are given the most points are implemented faster.

Thank you! 

P.S Your English is really great. 

Skye-N-Rain locked this May 3, 2018 06:48 pm