I enjoyed the setup of episode 1. It was sweet and gave a very thorough explanation of the characters nothing to critique.

I was a little disappointed in episode 2 though. I was expecting the teaser for episode 2 to promise all of the scenes.  Yes, we got the sweet interactions between Namcha and Irin as they had their balcony moment. Aswell as their cute little comparing Namcha to the dog scene. 

The scene I felt a little cheated of, was the fired employee scene. The teaser said he was going to be knife out in this episode. Yet we got none of the knife until the teaser for episode 3, where they reused the same knife setup. 

I do know that this show is not to be a action/super intense/etc. show. So, I understand why they didn't focus on that scene entirely, but I do feel that they shouldn't have included the knife bit until the teaser for episode 3 where it would make more sense. If you're going to make an intense scene, don't bait the main action, tease it evenly.

Agreed, I too felt cheated since we saw the knife included in the teaser for Episode 2! But I do understand the reason, they used that scene for the Episode 2 teaser to attract more viewers (since it is an intense scene) and also to keep current viewers in suspense and look forward to Episode 2 when the actual scene is only in Episode 3! It is a trick to pull us in. Understandable but not agreeable (by us, viewers). XD They have done this in many of their Thai dramas as well but I think we do hope that they develop a better way to keep us in suspense rather than to lead us on! I would say this is purely the mistake of the editing team or director (that decided what scenes to be used for the teaser). However, it is also on our part to be able to discern and differentiate. Since we are only watching the episode itself and the teasers are only minor snapshots of what is about to happen to keep us tuning in. :D

Yeah, I see your point. It was  definitely a good trick to make me waiting for the next episode. In a nice way as I'm excited to see how Namcha discerns the situation. As much as we know that Irin is going to be her own Knight in Shining Armour, Namcha is still gonna be a Prince in the situation.

BunnyWinSnowball:

Agreed, I too felt cheated since we saw the knife included in the teaser for Episode 2! But I do understand the reason, they used that scene for the Episode 2 teaser to attract more viewers (since it is an intense scene) and also to keep current viewers in suspense and look forward to Episode 2 when the actual scene is only in Episode 3! It is a trick to pull us in. Understandable but not agreeable (by us, viewers). XD They have done this in many of their Thai dramas as well but I think we do hope that they develop a better way to keep us in suspense rather than to lead us on! I would say this is purely the mistake of the editing team or director (that decided what scenes to be used for the teaser). However, it is also on our part to be able to discern and differentiate. Since we are only watching the episode itself and the teasers are only minor snapshots of what is about to happen to keep us tuning in. :D

I would also like to say that I thoroughly enjoy reading your reviews as they bring light to many different parts of the show then I wouldn't have thought about before. 

Thank you very much for your kind words! I would also like to take the opportunity to thank you too for bringing a different perspective that I never considered and also for voicing out the thoughts that I have but can't put in words! :D

(Sorry, I can't quote your message as my account is under review and is not allowed to use the quoting feature but this is in reference to the knight in shining armour and Namcha being the Prince.)

To be honest, I sincerely hope that they don't use that trope of damsel in distress and saved by a man (e.g., whereby Irin is saved by Namcha) as it is cliche and degrades Irin. Irin is tough, she is mature and is able to handle situations. It would definitely be appreciated if they actually showed how she resolved the situation on her own rather than relying on a man. This will also empower women and break the stereotype that a woman needs to be rescued by a man.

BunnyWinSnowball:

(Sorry, I can't quote your message as my account is under review and is not allowed to use the quoting feature but this is in reference to the knight in shining armour and Namcha being the Prince.)

To be honest, I sincerely hope that they don't use that trope of damsel in distress and saved by a man (e.g., whereby Irin is saved by Namcha) as it is cliche and degrades Irin. Irin is tough, she is mature and is able to handle situations. It would definitely be appreciated if they actually showed how she resolved the situation on her own rather than relying on a man. This will also empower women and break the stereotype that a woman needs to be rescued by a man.

I don't think that they are using the whole damsel in distress in the same context, because of course context matters. Yet, the fact that everyone sees Namcha as this immature, childish, and inexperience person, so the fact that he helps her at the very moment is a plus 1 for him. 

There is another topic that I want to discuss with you and Greek Irene since you both have some good takes on this  show and I don't want to make a thread because it would be a bit controversial but...How do you feel about the age gap since I have gotten in heated debates with people on Irin's and Namcha's relationship considering he was a minor, even though the age of consent is 15 in Thailand and you're an adult at the age of 20. Furthermore, someone even raised the idea that Namcha isn't in love with Irin but more so obsessed with the idea of her in his mind. 

It is true with what you said about Namcha being perceived in a different light by Irin if he does manage to make it on time to save her. But I think we also have to consider the effort in building Irin's character from the first few episodes? Irin was shown to be independent, tough, and able to manage things. So, it kind of degrades Irin as a character if they show her being rescued. To me, Irin is a mature character, so she knows how to handle difficult situations.

With regards to the age gap issue. I think it would be better if you create a separate thread about it? Since it is a separate topic that is worth discussing about (how big of an age gap is acceptable/unacceptable, etc.). Just like how you feel about it being alright if Namcha saves Irin in time and how I feel about it being also just as fine if Irin handles the situation while Namcha comes after to tend to her wounds, we can all have our opinions and preferences. :)

After all, it makes the series more enjoyable when we get to discuss from different perspectives which gives rise to different opinions. We are all entitled to have our own opinions and that is totally fine. There is no need to get into a heated debate over it. Let's enjoy the series! :)

I'm gonna try to reply to this all later but Midnight_Blue I 100% would like to talk about the age gap wherever you want to talk about it.

Greek Irene:

I'm gonna try to reply to this all later but Midnight_Blue I 100% would like to talk about the age gap wherever you want to talk about it.

I made a whole other thread because I didn't want to derail this thread since we could talk about the story set up as the future episodes air to keep everything organized. So, do feel free to comment on the thread that I made about that topic. I would love to hear your thought about it.

I really enjoyed the first two episodes. Namcha and Irin already seem like a great couple that I can't wait to see end up together. I was a bit disappointed about how episode 2 ended. I also thought we'd get more of the employee confrontation. I've noticed that GMMTV tends to due this with their "lakorn-type" shows a lot though so I'm getting used to it xD

Yeah, I hate the story set up because I just realized that for Ep 3 that after the recap of the previous episode they go way to far back from where the episode left off at and its annoying. They could have spent that time furthering out the plot line and maybe it could be less episodes.

Macy:

I really enjoyed the first two episodes. Namcha and Irin already seem like a great couple that I can't wait to see end up together. I was a bit disappointed about how episode 2 ended. I also thought we'd get more of the employee confrontation. I've noticed that GMMTV tends to due this with their "lakorn-type" shows a lot though so I'm getting used to it xD

I was so disappointed with how episode 2 ended, I get that it was just another introductory episode but still I really did not enjoy the promise for a scene that we barely got.

Funny sidenote, my sister has the same name lol.

Midnight_Blue :

Yeah, I hate the story set up because I just realized that for Ep 3 that after the recap of the previous episode they go way to far back from where the episode left off at and its annoying. They could have spent that time furthering out the plot line and maybe it could be less episodes. 

They really could've just not added the knife idea into the teaser for episode 2. Or further more taken the entire knife section out of the episode entirely and stuck it in the teaser for ep 3. Episode 2 was entirely different then what was promised.

Greek Irene:

They really could've just not added the knife idea into the teaser for episode 2. Or further more taken the entire knife section out of the episode entirely and stuck it in the teaser for ep 3. Episode 2 was entirely different then what was promised.

I agree, I felt like the whole scene was unnecessary, this was more so to add more smoke to the fire towards Inn's and Irin's relationship from the perspective of Inn. Because, I just noticed how she didn't even press charges and the guard was never featured after that one episode and it didn't develop Namcha nor Irin's characters.