szyki_szyki:

I'm ciurious - what is the role of Ye Shi Jie? In the drama cast list this character is listed as a main role, next to the FL and ML, what is his significance in the novel?

Ye Shi Jie is Jiang Li's cousin from her mother's side. He played a role in the novel. Not sure what the drama will do with his character, but he passed the Imperial Exam and became an official and Jiang Li aka Xue Fang Fei helped him, as well as the Ye Family. She will use the Ye family to help with her revenge. 

Thank U all!

To be honest, I coudn't wait for the answers and I've read few chapters of the novel yesterday after posting the comment hahahaha.  I also watched todays episodes where his identity was reveald. Can't wait for more!

szyki_szyki:

Thank U all!

To be honest, I coudn't wait for the answers and I've read few chapters of the novel yesterday after posting the comment hahahaha.  I also watched todays episodes where his identity was reveald. Can't wait for more!

And I think you'll agree with me on this but the drama actually made the plot more interesting by making those few changes which they did. I unlike you haven't finished the novel but as I am reading I like how the drama added ML and FL connecting in the beginning itself and didn't make ML so aloof and like an outsider. 

I guess the writers just made the novel more interesting and fun.

Yes kind of. They have patch up well the identity of Xur and Jiang li. Since his father didnt know how his daughter look like.  Her step mom is a total evil bitch along with the ji family, her mom was murder by the Ji shuran by poisoning and pushing the Older daughter to death . His  first daughter from his mother maid since jiang li mother wasn't able to conceive, why her grandma like Jiang li alot because it was her choice she wanted her son to marry.  

The painting, completion when she was in school is very similar, she cleared the misunderstanding with her cousin brother yi . 

Want to see how she revealed her step mom is they culprit when they called those fake Tantric priest to say that she is obsessed by a evil ghost lol and later revealing that she had an affair with her cousin brother the child she murder him , later when she had Miss carriage she blamed it on Jiang li, she also murder the older daughter of the Jiang family. 

DinnyDon:

And I think you'll agree with me on this but the drama actually made the plot more interesting by making those few changes which they did. I unlike you haven't finished the novel but as I am reading I like how the drama added ML and FL connecting in the beginning itself and didn't make ML so aloof and like an outsider. 

I guess the writers just made the novel more interesting and fun. 

I haven't finished reading too, but so far I too find the drama better in regards of the plot points. Especially the fact that she is still in her own body.  It gives more opportunity for the drama to have more angst and trill.

Lliu:

Watch the drama they have slightly change, in the novel the princess maid murder her by hanging her to death 

yeah...the drama has a lot of changes in the character's aspirations and directions.  it's expected due to censorship.

szyki_szyki:

I haven't finished reading too, but so far I too find the drama better in regards of the plot points. Especially the fact that she is still in her own body.  It gives more opportunity for the drama to have more angst and trill.

Yeah and not just that, in the novel it's more like one woman army.. here we are at least seeing the other characters shine too. Like for the academy, FL single handedly wins everything in all areas, while in drama they made it team-wise competition which I think is better.

Next episode where the winner will meet the emperor. In the novel it was only Jiang li complete. In writing, playing quin and archery where she won all defeated lady meng meanwhile her cousin brother come first place in the Imperial exam , her step mom along with the steps mom sister who is concubine plot against them it back fired lol Mr Zhou by mistakenly thought she was Jiang li and Jiang li cousin sister had sex , even shen Yue Rong sister knowingly enter the bed . So Mr Zhou has to married shen sister and Jiang li cousin sister. 

In the drama..

DinnyDon:

Yeah and not just that, in the novel it's more like one woman army.. here we are at least seeing the other characters shine too. Like for the academy, FL single handedly wins everything in all areas, while in drama they made it team-wise competition which I think is better.

I also thought that was better I had wrote a comment where somebody felt like the female was basically a Mary Sue character, where everything went her way and she was always smarter than everyone and never made any mistakes. I mean, I have watched and enjoyed shows with Mary Sue characters like Jun Jui Ling but I like the fact that she’s not good at everything and although she hasn’t made too many mistakes, she has made some when she anticipated them poisoning her to make her sick so that she would miss Jiang Ru Yous coming of age ceremony but then when they didn’t work, they use the incense and she didn’t anticipate that. 

Lliu:

Next episode where the winner will meet the emperor. In the novel it was only Jiang li complete. In writing, playing quin and archery where she won all defeated lady meng meanwhile her cousin brother come first place in the Imperial exam , her step mom along with the steps mom sister who is concubine plot against them it back fired lol Mr Zhou by mistakenly thought she was Jiang li and Jiang li cousin sister had sex , even shen Yue Rong sister knowingly enter the bed . So Mr Zhou has to married shen sister and Jiang li cousin sister. 

In the drama..

I thought it was hilarious where everybody was like getting mad at her and blaming her when she managed to like side step all their schemes ?

She outsmart them, the first half is her story line Xue and Jiang , the second half is duke su he is plotting against the Empress dowager. You have seen video clips war break out he is fighting at war it is his story line 

Lliu:

She outsmart them, the first half is her story line Xue and Jiang , the second half is duke su he is plotting against the Empress dowager. You have seen video clips war break out he is fighting at war it is his story line 

So empress will stay a long time?what is her story with Duke? And the emperor made Duke go war? Is the Princess in the chaos as well?

The Duke su story is that want to take revenge with the Empress dowager and the king who went in exiles  protecting the border because they have murder his father,  when you see in the preview that fighting in the war the second half of the drama. 

In the novel Xue knew it was the princess is responsible for murdering her ,  she is arrogant she even has a private prisons, her enemy is at her prison. Here in the drama her husband was behind murdering her . She later come to know when she attended the feast. 

Lliu:

The Duke su story is that want to take revenge with the Empress dowager and the king who went in exiles  protecting the border because they have murder his father,  when you see in the preview that fighting in the war the second half of the drama. 

In the novel Xue knew it was the princess is responsible for murdering her ,  she is arrogant she even has a private prisons, her enemy is at her prison. Here in the drama her husband was behind murdering her . She later come to know when she attended the feast. 

In the drama, Prince Cheng was mentioned.  Is he the Emperor or another Prince who wanted to rob the emperor from his throne?

Lliu:

In the novel Xue knew it was the princess is responsible for murdering her ,  she is arrogant she even has a private prisons, her enemy is at her prison. Here in the drama her husband was behind murdering her . She later come to know when she attended the feast. 

Well, yes, he physically did the deed. It was the princess who instigated it so it was both of them.