I made a comment that I love Zhang Ling He more after watching The Princess Royal. I don't expect everyone to feel the same. But one member's enjoyment of a drama should not be ridiculed or berated by those who disagree. I am pasting an example right here because I am appalled at this behavior. This is the final straw for me. People should be allowed to enjoy a drama even if others did not.  

I will more than likely delete this soon. But I want this to be seen as an example. 

[[[mmansaray35  a day ago

This person twinty is not really telling you the truth because they are biased to TPR. (No offense to you Twinty)

The romance in SOKP is actually better than the one on TPR. It's more fleshed out and you can actually see why the/how the leads fall in love. The ML has a purpose other than chasing the FL. The FL is also smart and cunning. They made the perfect couple.

Even with a slow burn romance, you get the chemistry from the beginning. I think they kissed around ep 27 or 28? But everything that happens before then is chemistry packed, so you won't even miss a kiss.

But if that's the reason why this person is calling SOKP a slow burn, then TPR could also be considered a slow burn because how many times did PWX confess his feelings to LR only to be rejected? But she always make puppy eyes at SML? Up until the end of the show??

Lol for me, this is why their romance stopped being enjoyable. I LOVED this couple so so much in the beginning. (Like the first 18 episodes or so). If you go through this comment section, I was one of LR strongest defenders when this show started airing. PWX and LR were my absolute babies and I defended them to death. But even they couldn't save the drama because the producers couldn't utilize their chemistry well. Their chemistry felt lacking in the later episodes. I think it's because of how forcefully the SML was inserted between them

Even when they started giving them cute scenes, the very next scene we will see LR being mesmerized by SRQ, so it just always fekt like their romance wasn't even worth it. I was always waiting for a payoff of their romance, but that never came for me. Cause even at the very bitter end, LR would rather kill herself and her unborn child to save SRQ than watch him die. So again...

Though I ended up disappointed with TPR, I still go back and watch the beginning of this show cause those episodes are my absolute favorite.

PS: For me, it was SOKP that made me like ZLH as an actor.

PPS: lol also, don't listen to her about The Double. The chemistry in that show is amazing. At this point I don't even understand what this person considers "good romance" because as unfortunate it it to say, The Double romance is WAY BETTER than TPR. Please watch it for yourself and decide. This person is too biased and don't tell the truth.]]]

Not only did this member accuse me of being a liar and biased, she either completely misunderstood the conversation or was too annoyed by my comment that TPR made me love PWX more because she was way off. This is my response: https://mydramalist.com/750181-du-hua-nian#comment-18194793

You dont deserve to be treated this way, i hope they stop all this :(

This was just one time too many. I know not to take these people seriously and I stopped responding to all the nasty comments. Most of the more insightful members who were not happy with TPR for reasons they explained have moved on.  But there are others who have been trolling the forum as I am sure you have seen. Just ignore them. I don't respond to any of them. They are not worth the time. But this person above targeted me in her comment. Why not just share her opinion? On top of that she made incorrect references to my viewpoint. Anyone who read my reviews on TD and SOKP would see I never said the chemistry was missing. 

twinty:

This was just one time too many. I know not to take these people seriously and I stopped responding to all the nasty comments. Most of the more insightful members who were not happy with TPR for reasons they explained have moved on.  But there are others who have been trolling the forum as I am sure you have seen. Just ignore them. I don't respond to any of them. They are not worth the time. But this person above targeted me in her comment. Why not just share her opinion? On top of that she made incorrect references to my viewpoint. Anyone who read my reviews on TD and SOKP would see I never said the chemistry was missing. 

I know right, lying agaisnt someone is not good . Now she has nothing to say about this situation.

Precious:

I know right, lying agaisnt someone is not good . Now she has nothing to say about this situation.

I am not exactly sure why some feel the constant need to beat up on any positive thoughts. There was one post last week where the member said she doesn't need to defend her love for the drama. She made one post saying how much she loved it and she kept receiving many notifications with people telling her why she should not like it. She was quite fed up and said she was done.  I am not referring to the previous group who were in discussion about production and differences between novel and drama. I am talking about certain members who seem to lurk around to put down the drama constantly. I find it strange that anyone who has finished watching this drama would still be in here if they don't like it. They seem to be on a mission to get people to lower ratings. 

twinty:

I am not exactly sure why some feel the constant need to beat up on any positive thoughts. There was one post last week where the member said she doesn't need to defend her love for the drama. She made one post saying how much she loved it and she kept receiving many notifications with people telling her why she should not like it. She was quite fed up and said she was done.  I am not referring to the previous group who were in discussion about production and differences between novel and drama. I am talking about certain members who seem to lurk around to put down the drama constantly. I find it strange that anyone who has finished watching this drama would still be in here if they don't like it. They seem to be on a mission to get people to lower ratings. 

Exactly, this is so low of someone to do, if i don't like  drama i will stop visting the page or trying to discourage others from liking the drama. Thats just pathetic  tbh

I just saw this and I'm sorry you had to put up with all these bs. I know how much you like TRP and even though I didn't enjoy it as much, especially with all the negativity on the comment section, I stopped visiting this page until now when I'm planning to finish the last 6 episodes.  I don't know what people get out of being rude to someone else and discourage others from enjoying it. 

RilakkumasBubbleTea:

I just saw this and I'm sorry you had to put up with all these bs. I know how much you like TRP and even though I didn't enjoy it as much, especially with all the negativity on the comment section, I stopped visiting this page until now when I'm planning to finish the last 6 episodes.  I don't know what people get out of being rude to someone else and discourage others from enjoying it. 

Some don't like it and seem to resent me posting positive comments about it. Enjoy the last few episodes. While some scenes such with Consort R and her brood were draggy for me, PWX's scenes were so good that I rewatched for him several times. Thank you, for your support! 

Hi Twinty I know this was days ago but I really just wanted to say to you that you don't deserve all this crap you have been getting for loving TPR. I have read quite a bit of what you have been dealing with in the comments section for this drama and it is just crazy to me. Its people like this why I don't comment or give to many reviews. I am on episode 25 of TPR and so far I have really enjoyed it. Love ZLH as PWX his character is just really lovable. I find it hard to talk to people on here but just wanted to say this to you.

Yozakura:

Hi Twinty I know this was days ago but I really just wanted to say to you that you don't deserve all this crap you have been getting for loving TPR. I have read quite a bit of what you have been dealing with in the comments section for this drama and it is just crazy to me. Its people like this why I don't comment or give to many reviews. I am on episode 25 of TPR and so far I have really enjoyed it. Love ZLH as PWX his character is just really lovable. I find it hard to talk to people on here but just wanted to say this to you.

Thank you for reaching out. I simply ignore them. Some were really just disappointed in the drama as novel readers and as ZLH's fans and they moved on. But some kept coming back to bad mouth the drama. I am glad you are enjoying the main couple. The hatred in this forum is mood killer and even as I rewatch it, I can still remember things they said and it spoils the enjoyment at times. 

Yozakura:

Yes. ZLH as PWX made me love his character and him as an actor even more. People such as the person who called me a liar take offense when I say this because they feel I am saying TPR is better than SOKP but that is not what I am saying and not comparing the dramas. I just know that I came to love ZLH so much more after watching him in TPR. He portrayed his character as both commanding and brave as well  as adorable in his love for Li Rong. 

twinty:

Thank you for reaching out. I simply ignore them. Some were really just disappointed in the drama as novel readers and as ZLH's fans and they moved on. But some kept coming back to bad mouth the drama. I am glad you are enjoying the main couple. The hatred in this forum is mood killer and even as I rewatch it, I can still remember things they said and it spoils the enjoyment at times. 

Yeah I can understand that being one that really dislikes when my fave books get ruined by movies or shows. For the longest time I didn't know where you could read the novels for some of these dramas until I finally did start to read one. ZLH is one of my fave actors and he has made me love most of the characters he has played. With PWX I think he has some of the best lines that I have just loved. With SOKP I seen it get a lot of hate to on that page and it is one of my fave dramas. I have not finished TPR yet but I can tell its going to be a fave for me, and thank you I find it hard to get out of my comfort zone and talk on here but with your comments it felt easy to reach out to you.

I loved ZLH in SOKP. And this is not to compare both dramas but if I find myself loving ZLH even more after TPR. He portrayed PWX in a way I could see him as a commanding figure as well as a devoted and loving husband. He was also humorous and adorable in his petty jealousy. Feel free to share here with me whenever you want. There are others here too who are easy to talk to and loved this drama as well.