5. Pachinko - historical changes,  story about korean immigrant family in the era of japanese colonial rule, contains issues on gender roles, racism, discrimination, depicts period of japan rapid modernization following western technology (hope this fits your theme)

6.Oshin-Historical changes, japaneese drama which shows the lifestyle after war

24 hours

10 drama/movies where a lead character travels to the future from modern time (from when the drama was aired). In other words, to a future year that did not occur yet when the drama aired.

*For example, if the drama aired this year (2022) and the setting takes place in 2022, then the character must time travel to 2023 or beyond.

If the drama aired in 2009, then it will still count if they time travelled to 2015 because 2015 did not happen yet when it aired.

Historical dramas do not count. If a drama aired in 2010, but takes place in 1563, and the lead time travel to 2010, then it does not count.

1. Tomorrow With You

2.  Meet Me @1006.  At 10:06pm  each night, an apartment merges with its earlier self. The current tenant (ML) meets the tenant from four? months earlier (the FL). In this way, she time travels to the what is her future. Promising premise, but not a very good fantasy drama - I have hopes for the remake.

This is a matter of months rather than travelling forward years, though.

3. Hit the Top  sorry i don't think this ccounts. ignore

I don't know if this counts, but here we go

4. The Door Into Summer (2021) - The movie is set in 2025, but the lead is originally from a 1995 timeline. Does this count because the time he travels to is after the release date of the movie?

Blkittykat:

I don't know if this counts, but here we go

4. The Door Into Summer (2021) - The movie is set in 2025, but the lead is originally from a 1995 timeline. Does this count because the time he travels to is after the release date of the movie?

Sure. I'll count this one :)

I figured it was probably going to be a tough topic. Since it has stalled, someone else can start a new topic :)

i was talking about novel adaptations with a friend which inspired this one

10 movies/dramas based on lesser known novels. it's fine if the novel gained popularity after the drama came out

Ignorant westerner here. I know nothing about Asian novels. Can't name a single title. (I'm a library volunteer, am unaware of anything that has appeared in English translation.)

maidenholmes:

Ignorant westerner here. I know nothing about Asian novels. Can't name a single title. (I'm a library volunteer, am unaware of anything that has appeared in English translation.)

Same. All Asian novels seem uncommon to be since they are not in my area.....

I'm just going to throw it out there. I read it after the drama started airing, but I don't know how known it was before that.

2. Theory of Love