For those of us who are not native speakers, I'm sure the urge to learn a new language has popped up. I'd feel so much more immersed if I didn't have to read subtitles. I'm aware though, that it's not an easy process. I've been working on Korean for a bit now since it seems easier than Thai (although I really want to learn Thai).

What languages do you speak? Have you tried to learn any of the Asian languages? Any tips?

I speak Romanian (native language), English and now I'm learning spanish by myself. After I am fluent in spanish I will try to learn korean. In university, if I get in the one I want, I will learn chinese. I want to make a career out of foreign languages and i love learning new languages.

I also can understand Italian and can make a conversation. Same with german but not as good since I'm not learning it anymore in high school.

Spanish it's a easy language to learn since Romanian and spanish are very alike. Same goes with Italian. But this is what i do: I bought a book called "learn spanish without a teacher". It has lessons, exercises, texts to read and translate. Also duolingo is a great app and it's the most useful for me. Try to find native speakers you can talk to. I have a friend that is from Spain and she helps me a lot with words i am not sure about. This way I can practice my pronunciation too.

I wish you good luck. It's a beautiful thing to know other languages.

im literally only fluent in english hahah i wish i’d started learning other languages from a young age i don’t know if i can now. i know a bit of korean but not enough to watch a whole drama without subs. i can pick up bits and pieces and understand what koreans are saying sometimes but i’d like to know more. i also know a bit of japanese and chinese but not very much. besides i’m used to subtitles now it’d feel weird watching dramas without subs lmao

Thanks for the tip. Yeah I'm not bothering with romanization and am getting the vowels, consonants and syllables down properly. Nice to know I now have someone I can ask for help :D