Plushpriestess:
Okay, I have Ruyi's Royal Love in the Palace on my wanna watch list but in all honesty I am afraid to watch it after reading the reviews on how brutal the story of their relationship is.  I am quite tenderhearted and though it says the show is amazingly well done, it's no walk in the park.

Lol, I just realized I gave you the wrong info. The friend I talked about watched The Blooms at Ruyi Pavilion. Sorry, my brain on Friday was only half-focused. Forget what I said. XD

CherryBunny:
I want to join! I don't visit the forums much, though, but I love historical dramas! :D

Welcome! ^. ^

Watching The Longest Day in Chang'an and man ooh man what a strong story, a fantastic cast and a sublime production. I'm at episode 32 and lovin it ♥️  ...Also the horse scenes are amazing and what I mean by that is that all the scenes where horses look like they are "mistreated" by falling ect. ect  is actually trained and haha only a trained eye will notice ^_^

Shenmi:

Watching The Longest Day in Chang'an and man ooh man what a strong story, a fantastic cast and a sublime production. I'm at episode 32 and lovin it ♥️  ...Also the horse scenes are amazing and what I mean by that is that all the scenes where horses look like they are "mistreated" by falling ect. ect  is actually trained and haha only a trained eye will notice ^_^

That reminds me, I really have to start this one soon! :) 

Momochan:

Hana Moyu 

Welcome, @Momochan! 

That looks like an interesting Japanese historical :) 

Shenmi:

What a coincidence. I added this to my PTW 2 days ago. This gives me an extra motivation to pick it up soon. ;)

WandereR:
That reminds me, I really have to start this one soon! :) 

Hahaha I will remind you again later :))  But don't force yourself too much coz then it will only disappoint

Vya van Velaris:
What a coincidence. I added this to my PTW 2 days ago. This gives me an extra motivation to pick it up soon. ;)

It's fantastic. I hope you're gonna love it as much as I do ^^

Shenmi:

I started it I think one or two weeks ago, I watched only the first three episodes but from what I've seen it has awesome visual effects and it's really fast-paced ? Need to pick it up when I'll have a little time to watch it in one go! 

lucy_lu:

I started it I think one or two weeks ago, I watched only the first three episodes but from what I've seen it has awesome visual effects and it's really fast-paced ? Need to pick it up when I'll have a little time to watch it in one go! 

Good idea ;D Also you have to stay focused in this drama otherwise important parts will be missed :))

Oh snap!  I just finished watching The Rebel Princess and boy do I have a new crush...Xiao Qi/Zhou Yi Wei!!  Hot damn that fellow can handle himself in a power role.  I'm SO impressed and smitten.  His quiet power, integrity and caring feels like a tall cool glass of water after being in the desert.  Well done <3 ... and now I am also needing to watch The Longest Day In Chang'an just to see him more :D  Yes I am a sillyhead! :D

Plushpriestess:

Oh snap!  I just finished watching The Rebel Princess and boy do I have a new crush...Xiao Qi/Zhou Yi Wei!!  Hot damn that fellow can handle himself in a power role.  I'm SO impressed and smitten.  His quiet power, integrity and caring feels like a tall cool glass of water after being in the desert.  Well done <3 ... and now I am also needing to watch The Longest Day In Chang'an just to see him more :D  Yes I am a sillyhead! :D

I love Xiao Qi in TRP as well! His personality was just perfect for the dangerous court, and he is also a very caring and smart ML. We do need more historical MLs like him. 

Plushpriestess:

I think Zhou Yi Wei is the perfect actor for the role of Xiao Qi. It's one of the rare occasions where my expectations of how a  general looks and the  reality aligned.  His performance is strong and portrays the character perfectly.  

I finished The Longest Day in Chang'an and in a amount of keywords it was magnificent, strong, well-written, smart and ...huh....it's so much more and because I'm not the best writer it's best when you are interested to read the following reviews I agree with from @MintChocolate (short),  @Jenny ("normal") and @PeachBlossomGoddess ( extended and detailed version.) 

I wasn't planning on watching any drams for a while but I've been on this website quite too often these days and seeing The Longest Day in Chang'an mentioned here, I impulsively started watching it. Currently up to episode 9  and my anxiety level is up at the ceiling but I can't seem to stop watching.  The show is intriguing and so good. 

Lately I have noticed that even though I like to watch fluffy dramas I seem to enjoy  the more intense shows more.  So glad to find this club and  come across these dramas which I would  not normally watch.