Please pardon the late welcome to those who have been joining recently!!  Warm welcome to you all from over here in wintry Canada :)

I'm currently watching Stand By Me/Dream of Chang'an.  It makes me want to watch Love and Redemption again because that is when I fell in love with Cheng Yi's incredible gift for expressing the complexities of love so beautifully.  Stand By Me has been good so far, only a few episodes in.

Looking forward to sharing more of our favourite things about these dramas with one another!!

Plushpriestess:

Please pardon the late welcome to those who have been joining recently!!  Warm welcome to you all from over here in wintry Canada :)

I'm currently watching Stand By Me/Dream of Chang'an.  It makes me want to watch Love and Redemption again because that is when I fell in love with Cheng Yi's incredible gift for expressing the complexities of love so beautifully.  Stand By Me has been good so far, only a few episodes in.

Looking forward to sharing more of our favourite things about these dramas with one another!!

I had major confusion when I first started Dream of Chang’An, but everything fell into place somewhere in the middle. Also, I had fun picking out the recurring co-stars; it’s like watching L&R all over again? Have fun watching and prepare lots of tissues coz it’s gonna be a tear fest near the end.

Anyone got a airing or recently aired suggestion?

I'm probably go0ing to finish The Autumn Ballad which had solid chemistry between the leads. Looking for a new one to pick up now.

Knavery:

I'm probably go0ing to finish The Autumn Ballad which had solid chemistry between the leads. Looking for a new one to pick up now.

Why it seems to me a whole year has passed since a decent costume drama aired? :D The Autumn Ballad is great, but since finishing it I feel like being in a draught…

BUT, supposedly, lots and lots of highly anticipating dramas are going to release in March-April, so we just have to play the waiting game (again)… Starting with tomorrow, that The Blue Whisper is supposed to air -- though I have a strict "I'll only believe it after the 1st episode is already out" policy with Chinese dramas!!

Knavery:

'Royal Feast' has it's own Charm.  But make sure you have food around you at 'grabable' distance.

Plushpriestess:
Stand By Me has been good so far, only a few episodes in.

Ahh you are making me want to start that one now loll. I'm currently watching General & I. It's getting better but I've been taking so many breaks watching it. 

I'm in! It's great I discovered this. I'm a huge fan of all types of historical dramas and I love (almost) every historical drama from Love In the Moonlight to Promise of Chang'an and from scarlet lovers to love and redemption and ashes of love.

My fav. are where fantasy is involved like ashes of love and love and redemption.

I hope you guys keep giving me new rec. in the future ^-^

I'll try my best to be fully active here.

Thank you <3

It seems like the severe lack of Chinese Historical Dramas in 2022 is not just in my imagination!! 

I just made a count through MDL Advanced Search (excluding only the Short Length Dramas), regardless of quality or budget, quantity-wise:

- In 2022 we had so far only 17 Chinese historical dramas aired. 

- While at the same point in time (22 March) in 2021, we had already had 36 Chinese historical dramas aired!! 

So less than half the number of dramas, year to year!!! What's happening?? Anyone knows why??? :(

but we got amazing dramas coming soon!!! so i'm not complaining sometimes quality is better than quantity 

Wow that's kind of odd. I'm also curious about why. Maybe there are just less dramas being made in general since the Qinglang Campaign? Could be that an increase in censorship has delayed production. I'm just guessing here though, don't quote me.

The line up for upcoming Historical looks good so maybe they will cover it up in next quarter or two

Can anyone recommend a Japanese Historical drama? Seems like a draught out here with not much Chinese & Korean dramas to watch :-)

CDramaLove:

Can anyone recommend a Japanese Historical drama? Seems like a draught out here with not much Chinese & Korean dramas to watch :-)

I don't know much abt japanese historical drama but "Love and redemption" isn't on ur watchlist so I would recommend it to you

jmennuie:

I don't know much abt japanese historical drama but "Love and redemption" isn't on ur watchlist so I would recommend it to you

Ah thanks! I tried to watch it but dropped it, couldn't get past the first few episodes as FL was teasing ML for his stammer. It just rubbed me the wrong as I know people with disabilities. I know a  lot of people love it, I really tried.

CDramaLove:

Japanese historical dramas (taiga) are usually shown yearly on NHK. You can take a look here. I don't usually watch taiga, but I can recommend Japanese historical movies instead. 

My personal fave is definitely Rurouni Kenshin (the whole series) coz I’m a fan, but if you throw me anything regarding the shogunate era/Shinsengumi, I’ll give it a try coz I’m fond of the historical figures duringthat time period.