SJ123:

Thank you! I love it so far, especially the romance and the focus on the court ladies. Forbidden love is my cup of tea. lol 

I looove a good romance. Tell me how you feel about it after finishing! I'm curious to know what you'll rate it. 

SJ123:

Hello, everyone. Can I join the club? I've been more interested in watching more historical dramas lately after watching Mr.Sunshine a month ago and want to start trying Chinese historical dramas. I'm also watching The Red Sleeve and planning to watch Six Flying Dragons soon. 

Welcome!     I’m currently nearing the end of Mr. Sunshine.   I feel like I need someone to hold my hand because I’m worried about the ending for the main couple.  (ha ha). 

MIMI:

Welcome!     I’m currently nearing the end of Mr. Sunshine.   I feel like I need someone to hold my hand because I’m worried about the ending for the main couple.  (ha ha). 

Sorry for replying so late, but I seen you have finish the Mr. Sunshine, did you enjoy it? That ending crush me in pieces the first time I watch it. Lol 

"It just needs to be a realistic historical drama that is not all about wars and politics, but also about romance, family and/or various human relationships."

Hmm sounds like you might like Story of Ming Lan or Legend of Yanxi Palace.

SJ123:

Sorry for replying so late, but I seen you have finish the Mr. Sunshine, did you enjoy it? That ending crush me in pieces the first time I watch it. Lol 

Such an amazing drama.  I loved it even though the end had me crying .

@Asiana  I second the recommendation by fiflydramalover.   Took a glance at your PTW list.  The legend of Hao Lan is one of my favs.  

Hi @Asiana,

I just finished "The Legend of Dugu".  I believe they are real historical characters and the focus is much more on family and romantic relationships than court politics.  It's not my favorite because I couldn't stand one of the main characters, but that's because I have a low tolerance for that kind of annoying character.  The acting and production are good.  

Also, Story of Ming Lan and Yanxi Palace are also excellent dramas.

@Asiana I'm throwing in my 2c for The Story of Ming Lan and Story of Yanxi Palace as well.  You can also check out The Sword and the Brocade.

Hello! May I join this club too? I've joined MyDramaList a little while ago but just recently have I picked up The Romance of Tiger and Rose. It left me infatuated and I immediately searched for more. My personal favorites so far have been  Love Better Than Immortality and The Legendary Life of Queen Lau.  I hope to watch lots more historical dramas in the future (^_^). 

Immortal Drama Lover:

Hello! May I join this club too? I've joined MyDramaList a little while ago but just recently have I picked up The Romance of Tiger and Rose. It left me infatuated and I immediately searched for more. My personal favorites so far have been  Love Better Than Immortality and The Legendary Life of Queen Lau.  I hope to watch lots more historical dramas in the future (^_^). 

Welcome!! I have yet to watch the Romance of Tiger and Rose (it's been on my PTW forever) but I'm really enjoying Zhao Lu Si in "Who Rules the World." 

Immortal Drama Lover:

Hello and welcome, Immortal Drama Lover!

Thank you for joining us, we're very happy to meet fans of historicals :)

Immortal Drama Lover:

Welcome!   The Romance of Tiger and Rose is a good One. I think Lusi is a delight.  

Ari:

Welcome!! I have yet to watch the Romance of Tiger and Rose (it's been on my PTW forever) but I'm really enjoying Zhao Lu Si in "Who Rules the World." 

Oh! I have that on my ptw for later. I'm sure it'll be a great drama :D