American Fan:
Time to start one or two more that have already started airing...like maybe:

I Saw You in My Dream
Love Doesn't Have Long Beans
4 Minutes

I can't find where 4Minutes is streaming. Let me know if you find it. TIA

TY_0910:
I liked Stay by My Side too! It was uncharted territory for me, because I dont watch horror, but it was a type of horror movie (maybe the only one) I have come to cherish! I especially like the uke in the series -  so funny and cute! 

Yes, I loved it too - but it was too cute and fluffy for me to think of it as "horror". Of the four VBL Taiwan series, "Stay By My Side" was my fave, followed closely by "VIP Only". ("You Are Mine" and "Anti Reset" were good but not great.)

RXinw:

Is this another star aligning for us in similarities. We are meant to be just on one condition no eating my cheesecake! LOL. 

You guys deserve a medal for tolerating me lol

Yes, yes I wanna medal!! Make it gold, please. hehe

p43425:
Newsflash: American Fan is liking a JBL!

I wondered if you would pick up on that, lmao

TY_0910:

@RiqueXinw it’s high time you should learn from the AmericanFan don’t you think? :)

What r we talking about here? Did I miss sm?? Dropping dramas maybe?

TY_0910:
I know the challenge says five, but I only have four, and I hope AmericanFan forgives me for flouting the rules! :( 

What rules? Muhahahaha

Emrys:

Same! I love Utsukushii Kare so much! This one and The Novelist are the best JBLs I've seen so far.

@lovelykao   (Mine is My Beautiful Man, I can talk abt that show for hours and hours).

Same here. I rarely re-watch shows, but I have re-watched Seasons 1 and 2. I was also lucky enough to see the movie in Tokyo. No subtitles obviously  ?  but I got the gist of it. I watched the streamed, subtitled version a couple of times when it was released a few month later.

OnyxTheHedgehog:

Also, I watched the trailer for Peaceful Property (TayNew) and I'm sooo excited

DJ (@American Fan), u may wanna steer clear of this drama lol 

I love the horror vibes, I'm so hyped for this series! I don't even care if it's not BL atp, it's horror and TayNew ad that's enough for me XD

Btw, is anyone planning to watch Addicted Heroin tmrw? I'm not sure if I should watch it while airing or wait to binge

Oh, man, darn it! But you're right, No horror for me.

Yeah, I'm wondering whether to start Addicted Heroin as well....who plans to watch it while currently airing? 

p43425:

"Takara no Vidro" - today's Ep. 7:  My gosh, how I absolutely love this series. Definitely my favourite of the current-release BLs. (Apologies to American Fan.)

As you should.  (haha)

FortPeatForever:
BL drama lovers club <3 - you guys rock

Right On!!!

angeliviki2022:
Same here. I rarely re-watch shows, but I have re-watched Seasons 1 and 2. I was also lucky enough to see the movie in Tokyo. No subtitles obviously ? but I got the gist of it. I watched the streamed, subtitled version a couple of times when it was released a few month later.

That's awesome. Your message makes me want to re-watch it again. It would be my second re-watch. I don't know what it is about it but it's my jam for sure. I rarely have series I re-watch and those that I tagged with high re-watch value sit in a list on my profile. They're very few series/movies that managed this feat and I'm grateful for them each time I re-watch them. My safe haven.

angeliviki2022:

@lovelykao   (Mine is My Beautiful Man, I can talk abt that show for hours and hours).

Same here. I rarely re-watch shows, but I have re-watched Seasons 1 and 2. I was also lucky enough to see the movie in Tokyo. No subtitles obviously  ?  but I got the gist of it. I watched the streamed, subtitled version a couple of times when it was released a few month later.

oh yeah, the movie was awesome !!! the under the translucent sheet scenes were so aesthetically pleasing 

COMFORT SHOWS

Hmmm, not sure I can relate. I rarely rewatch a drama and I'd have to think of which series might be a comfort show for me.

Western/American shows are a no go. Like totally out of the picture for over 12 years now. (Partly due to having lived overseas for some of those years and just never started again after coming back). I would not be able to "speak" tv shows with anyone here in the states. I have seen a few movies here and there, but that's not often.

Since everyone's talking about My Beautiful Man , I'll add my (contrary) voice, lol.  Even though I gave it an 8, just thinking about Hira and his behavior (the character, not the actor) makes me shudder. Just seeing the title of the series mentioned gives me shivers, not in a good way. 

Sorry NOT sorry guys!! (evil laughing face)

TY_0910:

Ohhh, that one! I love that series too!! It was the first JoongDunk series I watched, and I have to say, it blew my mind!!! I mean, Joong’s acting was just so… awesome! The man can don the same expression and still manage to convey two very different emotions… it just knocked me off my feet! I like the story too - it’s cute, romantic and fluffy; what’s not to like? :) 

Yesssssssss you get it lol 

That show just makes me feel all sorts of ways, but in a good way, so I re-watch it often! 

p43425:

"Takara no Vidro" - today's Ep. 7:  My gosh, how I absolutely love this series. Definitely my favourite of the current-release BLs. (Apologies to American Fan.)

Can I just jump off this because nobody else it talking about this show!!!

I keep seeing people call this slow burn in the comments section of this show but like -- I'm surprised that they are even dating at this point-- because taking a careful look at Taishin, any faster would be IMPOSSIBLE.

Just a few quick thoughts-- 

• Takara really sees himself as a selfish and twisted person, but I have yet to see him be these things. The trauma is really strong with this one. 
  • I wish Taishin wasn't so easily swayed, his brain really does work overtime on those fake scenarios. 

Anyway, this episode was another good one!

Day 12: List 5 things you love. Or more if you want. (Beyond family, friends, pets, and so on)

1.  Latte. I have brought my portable espresso maker on multi-day field trips with my kiddos. I have camping and stovetop versions as well. And I will drink Earl Grey with milk and honey if there's no good latte to be had.
  2. Asian dramas (both BL and non-BL)
  3. Nature. Being out in nature, I'm reminded of the wonder and curiosity I had as a kid when I followed the caterpillars climbing up trees. Hiking in my local park in the spring makes me want to stop and examine every wildflower. A hike in Yosemite Valley lets me enjoy massive granite walls and towering waterfalls. Kayaking in Monterey, I can see jellyfish on the ocean's surface and get a closer peak at the sea otters napping while holding paws or holding onto giant kelp.
  4. Learning. 
    • I love learning new languages and other cultures. 
    • I love being able to identify our local birds and compare them to birds I find while travelling. 
    • Rock, gems and minerals. When I'm rock climbing, I get into a geologist-mode and try to figure out how the landscape came to be, what type of rock I'm climbing, how many other types of rock there are in the area. I stop at every gem and mineral exhibit/museum I can find. I find native copper fascinating.

The Trainee Ep7

There’s only two things I want to talk about for this episode.

Ba-Mhee, Judy, Tae : I don’t want to feel so hatefully against Ba-Mhee but she’s a terrible person. I know she’s young and discovering herself, but she’s also demanding and immature and doesn’t communicate. Tay was trying his best and she actively chose to look at him in a bad light in order to excuse that she was already emotionally cheating and checked out of their relationship. It all came off as “let me convince myself I am the poor victim of this relationship so that I don’t feel bad for cheating.” Tae could have definitely communicated better but that's not an excuse to cheat on him!

On the other hand the countdown to the anniversary scene was art. The look one Tae’s face broke me! Sea did a great job.

Jane & Ryan : THE CONFESSION! This scene is going down as one of my absolute favorites!!! Gun always does emotional outburst so well!

Jane really has a way of saying the most hurtful things when he’s angry— he was right to tell Ryan off but— he always goes a step too far. I’m glad Ryan finally decided to speak up (my child is growing up) but boy (you might be iconic, but) idk if that was the right time to confess lol

This might be controversial but as of right now, Off as Jade is one of (if not THE) hottest ML I have watched in a BL this year. The way he looks at Ryan just reels him (and me!!!) in.

Sunset x Vibes Ep9

I’m side eying myself as I write this (because I usually love all things fantasy) but I honestly wish this show had stuck to the classic office romance and completely scratched the supernatural plot— yes the rich male lead that sweeps you off your feet has been done a million times, but it’s a classic for a reason! I would have loveddd a well done, fleshed out, office romance— and I believe this production was capable of pulling it off because look at all those grand expensive looking romantic scenes in those first few episodes!!! A dream!

RE : THIS WEEKS EP

• The misunderstanding was dumb but I've always liked the “prove himself to the family” trope. It was cute ok. They should have made Sun suffer a little more for the #comedy.
  • The GL storyline with Prim and Pim was pretty cute. I was not expecting them to have a backstory and for Prim to have been in love forever??? She also has such a pretty smile! Is this really the grumpy Prim we all know?
  • WTH they literally gave me like 2 minutes of Sam and Yotha! I feel robbed and disrespected. Like you’re seriously going to have them become boyfriends and then give me NOTHING. I am LIVID!

angeliviki2022:
I have re-watched Seasons 1 and 2. I was also lucky enough to see the movie in Tokyo. No subtitles obviously  ?  but I got the gist of it.

(re "Utsukushii Kare" / "My Beautiful Man") Likewise one of my favourites (all three parts). One of the many things I appreciate about the trilogy is how each of the three parts (season 1, season 2, and movie) is so different and uniquely unforgettable, i.e. not just the usual more-of-the-same sequel. I also think (rather like with "Taikan Yohou") that many of those who watched a few episodes and dropped it because they didn't like the "abusive" relationship just didn't watch it far enough to appreciate what a beautiful love story it is.

Apologies again, American Fan. When it comes to JBLs, I think we'll have to agree to disagree.

Angeliviki, wow! I wish I could follow the gist of a Japanese movie without subtitles. Or maybe I need to push myself more. Ganbarimasu!

August Challenge Day 12

List 5 thing you love.

1. BL dramas(of course)
2. Cookies(chocolate chip or chocolate chunk are my favorite)

3. Chocolate(especially dark)
4. Growing orchids(Phalaenopsis is my favorite)
5. Growing Passionflower Vines(white, purple, magenta colors are my fav colors)
6. Lepidoptera/Butterflies(used to raise a few local species; helping maintain conservation of habitat)
7. Video games(mainly eastern fantasy mmorpgs like Aion, Tera, Guild Wars 2, ArcheAge, Bless, Lost Ark, Final Fantasy 14, Tarisland, but also some western titles like Elder Scrolls Online, New World)
8. Halloween/Fall(favorite holiday and season)

axdxex:
I wish Taishin wasn't so easily swayed, his brain really does work overtime on those fake scenarios.

RE Takara no Vidro   I loved this episode. Too cute. But I agree, Taishin is already overthinking  and second guessing, instead of enjoying Takara's undivided attention. This is the show I look forward to the most during the week.