Gummy_Marshmallow:

Sorry, I know I'll get bashed for this one .. ?  .. Will you fall in love with someone who beat the s*** out of you like a punching bag?

Genuinely, it is not meant to be offensive.

that's exactly why i said it's toxic in all aspects and no way in hell i would?

but that's the whole thing about their relationship, and i can't help but love it

mj_babec358 Cult Member:

that's exactly why i said it's toxic in all aspects and no way in hell i would?

but that's the whole thing about their relationship, and i can't help but love it

I also like this series, because it is very close to generalising genres for same-sex relationships. Only 2 reason for low rating .. the 2 side couples ... Jeff & barcode has less story .... Bible & build they made them toxic... ? 

Manner of Death and Not me being the other two. 

In my opinion, there should just only be "the show" 2 people met no matter what gender if its rom-com or thriller or mystery whatever just don't emphasise it is a straight, a bl or a gl in the story ... on the outside we know .. but in the story .. like .. I am at the loss of words .. ? 

maribear:

I'd like to join!!

Welcome.

Gummy_Marshmallow:

Sorry, I know I'll get bashed for this one .. ?  .. Will you fall in love with someone who beat the s*** out of you like a punching bag?

Genuinely, it is not meant to be offensive.

I don't think it is offensive to say that. I think it is good to be able to recognize when the media you consume or enjoy romanticizes certain problematic aspects. Vegas and Pete were definitely a case of trauma bonding. It only works in a fictional context and not something to idealize in reality .

Saygo:
I don't think it is offensive to say that

No .. I didn't mean what I said (I stand by it) .. but the way I put my words .. I thought reader might take it as offence.  

Saygo:
It only works in a fictional context and not something to idealize in reality haha. 

True... but I think people get their most of knowledge from internet these days (which is not bad if not toxic) .... so .... I doubt not to relate it to reality.

You can consider it (content shown through media) as an eye-opener or consume it as whole totally depends on individual.

dodoubleg1785:

Every time I think I'm making progress with going through my Watchlist by checking off one series, I end up adding 3 to 4 more.  And I mainly blame this group for it.

Thank you!

This is me too!

angeliviki2022:

This is me too!

What traps me are those dang YT shorts. I've added at least 50 dramas/movies that way. But, it's nice having so many things to look forward to!! Before i discovered foreign dramas i always felt like there was nothing on because i only had a handful of fav shows. Now i have soooo many options. And i wait for shows to finish before i start so i can binge if i so desire...or switch to another show if i get too annoyed with the tomfoolery or the characters/actors. Then there are those that i can't bring myself to finish because if i roll my eyes one more time they might just stay up there.  =P

So, what do we all think of Episode 1 of "Utsukushii Kare Season 2"? I really can't tell the storyteller's intentions, but I've not read the novel, so ... I guess its wait and see.

maribear:

I'd like to join!!

Just by posting in this thread, you're a member.  There is also a lively Discord group if you're interested, which can be found here:  https://discord.gg/gSgRaYDd

Fàilte!

lisalisa10:

What traps me are those dang YT shorts. I've added at least 50 dramas/movies that way. But, it's nice having so many things to look forward to!! Before i discovered foreign dramas i always felt like there was nothing on because i only had a handful of fav shows. Now i have soooo many options. And i wait for shows to finish before i start so i can binge if i so desire...or switch to another show if i get too annoyed with the tomfoolery or the characters/actors. Then there are those that i can't bring myself to finish because if i roll my eyes one more time they might just stay up there.  =P

I just LOL'd at your eye-rolling comment. Good thing I finished my coffee already. Otherwise, it would have been very messy. Yes, my list of "on-hold" has gotten long since my strategy has been to stop and find a better show. So little time, so many shows...

I just started watching I will Knock You and I got to the part when Thi dances in front of the temple...........my secondhand embarrassment is so bad right now 

crabbypatties:

I just started watching I will Knock You and I got to the part when Thi dances in front of the temple...........my secondhand embarrassment is so bad right now 

Prepare yourself now, that scene comes back several times in flashbacks!

lisalisa10:
What traps me are those dang YT shorts. I've added at least 50 dramas/movies that way.

I feel this so deeply.  And then, not all the shorts list the name of the drama so I have to go through the comments to find someone who has asked and been answered to know what the heck I'm supposed to be looking for!  I spend more time researching new "add-ons" than watching the bloody shows themselves!

Still worth it... XD

mj_babec358 Cult Member:

i'm so scared of MBM pulling a TMS move?

like i was suffering through the second season of TMS so freaking much that i officially decided to delete it from my memories

oh nononono I cannot take it if they did that, every single episode of TMS2 was a torture, I do not emotional capacity to go through it again ;;