Day 5 of August Challenge: What is essential for a drama to be worth your time to watch? Or re-watch, over & over  

Good acting, good hot kisses, engaging storyline, sizzling chemistry, happy ending, BL 

(these can vary depending on the drama and my mood tho)

Simi_Tutu:
The word "Tutu" signifies my fondness for fashion, specifically the use of tutus during my middle and high school years, when I used to follow the Scene fashion trend. During my early 20s, my style leaned towards CyberGoth, and currently, in my 30s, it's a fusion of Fetish CyberGoth and 80s Deathrock Fashion. I'm in the process of growing out my Deathhawk. It has been quite an interesting hair journey, LOL! And yes, I still have my tutus!

I can imagine growing out a deathhawk would be an interesting experience. An old boyfriend had a mohawk and I always loved wrapping my finger around the tail end of it. I use to call it his tail lol 

tutu skirts and new rocks were my go to outfit once upon a time. I had a black one I use to put under all my lolita skirts. I've been through several different eras since then but I remember the tutu era fondly lol

Day 5 of August Challenge: What is essential for a drama to be worth your time to watch? Or re-watch, over & over  

My top 5 are-

1. Great Chemistry
  2. Great Acting
  3. Hot Romance, love making and/or kiss scenes 
  4. Happy Ending
  5. Great Storyline

Made some decorative Emblem badges with the title: Asian Movie/Film Fan. These are LGBTQ+ for those interested. The badges are posted here: https://mydramalist.com/discussions/creativity-forum/102017-emblem-badges-index-links-on-page-1?pid=2598275&page=1#p2598275.

August Challenge (DAY 5) - 

What is essential for a drama to be worth your time to watch? Or re-watch, over & over

These are two completely different questions for me.

In my mind there are two list:

1. Dramas that I enjoyed and objectively thought were high quality
  2. Dramas I love because they they make me happy, so I will re-watch them 50 times, it doesn't matter if they're not masterpieces

Dramas that make it into the second list are usually love stories, on the shorter end, that I just never get bored of. Examples : Star in My Mind, Between Us, Plus & Minus, LITA, a couple JBLs. I always have a re-watch going. 

"Oh, baby baby, we belong together, baby

When you left I lost a part of me
It's still so hard to believe
Come back baby please
'Cause we belong together"

Not me singing the whistle notes of this song in head voice because I cannot whistle lol

Anyways I am having a nice day so far and I hope you all are too.

August BL Group Challenge - Day 5 - What is essential for a drama to be worth your time to watch? Or re-watch, over & over

I never have nor am I likely to ever re-watch an entire series. What I do is re-watch certain scenes from a series. I also rarely ever re-watch NC scenes (shocking). 

Anyways for me to re-watch scenes the couple has to have good chemistry and as I always say they have to interact in such a way that they just seem like a couple without saying it. Some scenes from series I re-watch often are:

Until We Meet Again - Dean & Pharm - Their first kiss, the time they held hands in the mall, when Pharm fed Dean at the pool side, when Dean met Pharm's mother over face time, etc.

Why R U - Fighter & Tutor - the washcloth scene when Tutor got sick, the time they got locked in at uni, the time they kissed on the rooftop/confession scene, the bathtub scene after the NC scene, etc. I may get stoned for this but I think Zee and Saint had more chemistry than ZeeNuNew; they make a better couple to me. Fans please do not kill me lol.

TharnType - Tharn & Type - Type's confession in episode 6.

Cause You're My Boy - the hospital scene where they showed their rings.

We Best Love - The bridge scene

And all the other series I gave 10s lol.

For non-BL dramas, the scene has to be epic, like in Ancient Love Poetry when the true god Shang Gu awoke or when Shang Gu returned and defeated a whole demon army single-handedly. 

OnyxTheHedgehog:
Ngl that made me blush lol XD

LOL

Rien:
Made some decorative Emblem badges with the title: Asian Movie/Film Fan. These are LGBTQ+ for those interested. The badges are posted here: https://mydramalist.com/discussions/creativity-forum/102017-emblem-badges-index-links-on-page-1?pid=2598275&page=1#p2598275.

I love these, especially the Your Name Engraved Herein ones. Thank You!

axdxex:

August Challenge (DAY 5) - 

What is essential for a drama to be worth your time to watch? Or re-watch, over & over

These are two completely different questions for me.

In my mind there are two list:

1. Dramas that I enjoyed and objectively thought were high quality
  2. Dramas I love because they they make me happy, so I will re-watch them 50 times, it doesn't matter if they're not masterpieces

Dramas that make it into the second list are usually love stories, on the shorter end, that I just never get bored of. Examples : Star in My Mind, Between Us, Plus & Minus, LITA, a couple JBLs. I always have a re-watch going. 

I agree with the second list! SIMM and LITA r also same for me <3

I just watched Summer Night ep 1 and I know it’s not BL but the bromance between DunkPhuwin is KILLING ME 

I mean, it just feels more like a BL than a straight love and I can’t help but ship WhiteLune so much TT

Also, Dunk is freaking handsome <3 

(Is anyone else watching this?)

Battle of The Writers ep 2

It’s so obvious that Ob-Aun and Shun like each other lol, they’re not even trying to hide it atp

Also, I love the second couple, that ‘Puppy’ on Pie’s phone when Ozone called him was so cute 

And that kiss at the beginning of the ep was hot, I like YimTutor more than TutorYim now lol XD

OnyxTheHedgehog:
(Is anyone else watching this?)

I'm waiting to get off work so that I can watch it! This is Dunk's first lead out on his own, so (as his fan) I can't not watch. I'm just super excited that he gets to act more and gain experience. When I watch it, I'll post my thoughts on the Friends Feed if you want to discuss the show over there ^^

Battle of the Writers Ep2

Random thoughts~

• Ok. Starting of with a kiss.
  • Is that a stalker I see ?
  • Shan is hardcore, like he's chasing hard : give me all your socials, you are mine
  • The roommate and the BF are such ah omg-- (btw random but they gave "we are a cp" vibe so I looked them up and they are from Playyboy so that makes sense)
  • Here comes Shan, like : I have room, live with me
  • Everything in this show is sooooo convenient lmao, like why do the lights keeps shutting off (this place looks too expensive for that), why is everything sucky happening to Ob-Aun at once basically forcing him to live with Shan, did the plagiarism controversy just disappear???
  • I'm going to suspend disbelief and choose to believe fate is pulling them together, because they are SOULMATES from a previous life
  • Ozone & Pie are going to be IT-- 

In summary~

• How do I say this... this episode definitely feels contrived (maybe it's on purpose?)... but I'm still having a good time so let's see how next week goes. 

It's been a day, but my mind is still here.

CREDIT

axdxex:

I'm waiting to get off work so that I can watch it! This is Dunk's first lead out on his own, so (as his fan) I can't not watch. I'm just super excited that he gets to act more and gain experience. When I watch it, I'll post my thoughts on the Friends Feed if you want to discuss the show over there ^^

Dunk’s acting has improved so much srsly 

This series is amazing, I’m enjoying it a lot, I’m sure you’ll love it! 

Where is the Friends Feed?

axdxex:

It's been a day, but my mind is still here.

Ahh, such a good scene! I can’t get over that dreamy gaze from Jane TT