This is not just a suggestion but also a problem

1. Even if someone has blocked us (and vice versa) , please make it possible for us to take action related to our own comments. Make it possible that we can see our own comments even if that comment is under the user who has blocked us (and vice versa) , we can edit our own comments and if someone has replied to it, we can reply to it etc.
  2. Make sure, if any user has blocked you (and vice versa) , then you should not visible any kind of his activity in the entire site to avoid him.

or

• Or whenever you are face to face with that user, you will get a message that "This particular user has blocked you".

problem area 1: drama page comment section

someone block me and also deleted his comment that is not the issue i come here for .

i came here for someone  replying on my comment i got notification and i'm not able to reach it  so its error from your system or the feature is as like it . 

Someone commented on something, and I commented on their comment. After some time he blocked me and also deleted his comment. Now I am not able to see my own comment if I login with my user id, then if I am checking the website without login then it is visible. My comment too and someone commented on my comment, that too

It should be such that if someone has blocked (and vice versa)  me, then I cannot see his activities and he cannot see my activities. But we can see our own activities, can't we?

But I am not able to see my own comment here and the whole world can see my comment, this is so wrong.

If someone comments on your comment, then it is your duty to see or reply. But I am not able to access  (Neither can I edit my comment, nor can I reply to anyone who has replied to me. Because I am not even visible my own comments) those comments here. In such a situation, anyone can go behind your back by gossiping and you may not even know that, this is also wrong.

Please update the block feature with the solutions to the problems I have mentioned.

13votes

problem area 2: drama page recommendation section

I've noticed a few things recently that the block feature needs an update.

I will tell you my story, so that you will know what is the  problem.

I didn't find one user's activity suited, so I politely messaged him and tried to make him understand. When I tried to contact him again I got the error message "page not found" I thought the user no longer exists  but he had blocked me which i don't know. Then after 3-4 months, I saw some of his activities, which again seemed unsuited to me. And those activities were so much that I was tired of reporting. Either report the user directly to the moderator. Or should I solve it by talking to the user, I had two options. and for both you need user profile address which i'm not able to access.

I am confused now
1 If the user does not exist then there should not be his any activity on the site
2. If a user has blocked me, then I should not see any of his activity. (but I can see.)

This confusion was removed by a mdl user by telling me that the user exists, he sent me the screen shot of his profile. then i realized he blocked me.

problem to solve

problem1:   You should get a notification that a particular user is blocking you. which feature is not available now.

We are not dying to talk to someone who doesn't want to talk to you. But at least we know whom to avoid.

problem2: If you are visiting the profile page of a user, instead of the error message 

"The requested page was not found

You can see this page because the URL you are accessing cannot be found."

it should be "You have been blocked by this user"  or " you have blocked this user "so that you can get a correct idea.

problem3: why i'm seeing someone activity who has blocked me 

Def agree with you here- this links into the privacy setting suggestion that still hasn't been fully addressed (and only then regarding feeds & following/ follower lists) - https://mydramalist.com/discussions/suggestions/17499-add-privacy-settings

Still,  issues regarding  blocking, and the implementation of privacy settings (everyone/ friends of friends/ friends/ only me) has not occurred for custom lists, 'My Watchlist', 'My Watchlist' notes, private messages, who can comment on custom lists,  who can see a user's friends etc. Real privacy breach.

The thread you have provided is inactive and comments have been closed, only voting is on. And I don't fully agree with everything, so won't vote. And as far as it is concerned to mention my point there, it is not possible at all, the discussion is closed for that thread.

VxV467:
links into the privacy setting suggestion

problem area 3 :  forums thread/post 

• blocked user can access forum  thread/post. Even if someone has blocked you or you have blocked someone, they can still access your forum posts and you can access their forum posts and you will even be able to see them in the forum posts of third parties. 

https://mydramalist.com/discussions/suggestions/119911-word-count-limit-on-comments?pid=2765905&page=1#p2765905

note: It should be such that if someone has blocked (and vice versa)  me, then I cannot see his activities and he cannot see my activities. in whole site but ?

I’ve thought for a long time that if I’ve blocked someone (and vice versa) I shouldn’t be able to see their reviews and their forum posts, but that’s not the case. 

Popcxqueen:
but that’s not the case. 

yes

Block someone or they block you, all the block feature does is that 1st you cannot communicate with that person on any drama page comment section and 2nd even privately on their message box. Because the option to send a message goes through a user's profile and the block feature makes that person's profile inaccessible to you. Till now only these two properties of the block feature have been seen. The block feature is questionable to me.

This needs attention