joining! I'm new to watching dramas in general, so i'd love if there were any GL Lists on here ppl could recommend

Krystal:

joining! I'm new to watching dramas in general, so i'd love if there were any GL Lists on here ppl could recommend

Welcome to the club and to dramaland ;)

As for lists, here are some ongoing voting lists:

and we also have some other lists put up by members of the club: https://mydramalist.com/discussions/general-asia-forum/91593-gl-drama-lovers-club?pid=2509097&page=1#p2509097

I'm finding so much more dramas to watch here omg tysm

There can only be one choice for sapphic support couple, Silvy/Mint (Toon/Minnie) from My Marvelous Dream is You. A healthy, happy couple with no drama. The show could have done a lot more to show them as an example that a sapphic relationship could succeed in the movie industry. It doesn't hurt that they are a real life couple.

I'm happy for them every time I see them on screen.

wunder:

There can only be one choice for sapphic support couple, Silvy/Mint (Toon/Minnie) from My Marvelous Dream is You. A healthy, happy couple with no drama. The show could have done a lot more to show them as an example that a sapphic relationship could succeed in the movie industry. It doesn't hurt that they are a real life couple.

Rose and Maya from Laws of Attraction are your true ride-or-dies with the utmost respect and trust in each other. Not much can beat that imo

AthenaTheStorierX:

Looks like Jeong Nyeon, the Korean GL adaptation starring Kim Tae Ri, has removed the sapphic storyline and even removed that character.

As such, i will be removing it from the Anticipated Upcoming Sapphic Stories list

this is so vile, im beyond disgusted. if they were not interested in adapting a gl storyline, im sure they could have picked a different source material. and if the problem is censorship, they could have made it subtext. but removing the character entirely is just beyond me. wtf

MizMystixism:

Sapphic movie 'My Ex's Wedding' starring Lux Sulax, is confirmed to be released on November 14th, 2024. 

These look gorgeous i cant wait!! they really pucked such a perfect cast

i hope it doesn't take too long for it to be released internationally (uranus2324 im looking at you)

wunder:

i absolutely love their scenes! i was so sad that they completely disappeared halfway through the show, they deserved better

but i have to say inkpa in bad buddy, aylinluna and nidabambam in 23.5 have my whole heart. and teeyuki in gap, though we were robbed of most of their scenes

AthenaTheStorierX:

Rose and Maya from Laws of Attraction are your true ride-or-dies with the utmost respect and trust in each other. Not much can beat that imo

Not sure I can watch eight hours of BL to see this couple, so I'll take your word for it. :-)

wunder:

Not sure I can watch eight hours of BL to see this couple, so I'll take your word for it. :-)

LITERALLY ME

i really wanted to watch Love Sea, SunsetxVibes, Deep Night for the GL side couples, but i have no interest in the BL plots. maybe i will just skip the scenes without the sapphics. I will probably watch The Trainee, im more interested in the overall concept, but im still putting it off because i wish the GL was the focus

mermysteries:

LITERALLY ME

i really wanted to watch Love Sea, SunsetxVibes, Deep Night for the GL side couples, but i have no interest in the BL plots. maybe i will just skip the scenes without the sapphics. I will probably watch The Trainee, im more interested in the overall concept, but im still putting it off because i wish the GL was the focus

Same feelings in my case. I can watch and have watched JP BLs but I just can't with TH BLs.

And ofcourse I Told Sunset about You and the sequel are the exceptions.

Thai BL is expanding to see a lot more genres and tones/approaches. So if you're not one for the acting style, tone, or humor in most current Thai BL, don't write all of them off. Especially the ones that are not produced by GMMTV and MeMindY.

I Told Sunset About You, 180 Degree Longitude Passes Through Us,  Manner of Death, Laws of Attraction,  Deep Night, Moonlight Chicken, Remember Me, Down the River, and Only Friends tend to stick out to me. Much different production quality, genre, tone, and styles.

I Told Sunset About You, Down the River, and 180 Degree Longitude Passes Through Us are rather serious and contemplative. Moonlight Chicken delves into this arena as well.

Laws of Attraction (as well as the actors' other BL) are leaning into Thailand's Lakorn/Soap Opera style while tackling serious situations and topics.

Remember Me is a slice-of-life drama first and foremost, which made it receive quite a bit of hate from BL lovers actually.

Only Friends is a drama that I would totally expect to see on my TV in the US.

Deep Night is a bit of a middle ground between popular BLs and something else.  Similarly with Manner of Death (that something else being thriller/mystery in this case). - This one is also spurring off multiple GL spinoffs: currently airing The Two of Us (in 2nd season) and Deep Love.

Edit:

Some other ones that I'm currently watching:
- Last Twilight (attempt to sensitively tackle disability and accessibility. Did they succeed? Depends who you ask, but from what ive seen so far, i'd say yes. And it's visually gorgeous)
- Pit Babe (prob not most of people's thing in here, but an interesting omegaverse-lite fantasy with a next-level-humans plot. Performance is also quite noteworthy so far)

Other still:
- YYY (def not what yall are talking about, but i'd be remiss not to mention it. One of those comedies that you mightve seen as a kid where everything is so extremely random lol)

RealNevermore:

Same feelings in my case. I can watch and have watched JP BLs but I just can't with TH BLs.

i occasionally enjoy thai bls! i loved bad buddy, a tale of a thousand stars, and moonlight chicken particularly. but lately we've been getting more gls and that's all im in the mood to watch now lol haven't watched a bl for some time

RealNevermore:

And ofcourse I Told Sunset about You and the sequel are the exceptions.

man... i feel like im the only person who didn't enjoy itsay that much! i was so sad, because it's undeniably beautiful, but it just didn't grab my attention

Athena, mdl isnt allowing me to quote your post bc im on mobile but I hadn't heard of some of these series!! they sound interesting, thanks for the recommendations