Elizabeth1477 wrote: swede=that vegetable
Swede=person from Sweden

So... stupid joke :)

Ah all I knew was that it was a turnip.
Lennox054 wrote: I'm from Long Island. Yes, New York is more than just the city. lol :P

LIES! Hehehehe, hiya, fellow New Yorker!
I'm from Belgium (Europe) xD
dramaluver wrote: Ah all I knew was that it was a turnip.

Well. Kinda crappy joke. But I'm from Gothenburg, in Sweden famous for the city with all the puns (which hardly no one thinks is funny) ^^
I'm from Finland.

Yes, it's cold in here in Winter.
No, we do not live in iglus.
No, I do NOT have a polarbear as a pet.

(Just in case, because I have actually been asked about those two things... :D)
I'm also from Sweden :)
Wredneque wrote: I'm from Finland.

Yes, it's cold in here in Winter.
No, we do not live in iglus.
No, I do NOT have a polarbear as a pet.

(Just in case, because I have actually been asked about those two things... :D)

Then i'm not coming to Finland! :P
SilverChan wrote: Well. Kinda crappy joke. But I'm from Gothenburg, in Sweden famous for the city with all the puns (which hardly no one thinks is funny) ^^

Hehe, i've made worse ones :P
Neko4eien wrote: Then i'm not coming to Finland! :P

Aww, I see I've spoiled my country for tourists now for good. xD
I'm from the U.S too :D
Canada :)

northern(ish) Ontario to be more specific.

on the topic of pakistanis immigrating to Canada and forming communities: I lived in Mississauga too for a while and while it's a very diverse area, it seems to me that the different cultures tend to stick together a lot, so there are whole subcommunities within the different parts of the city that are mostly populated by one culture. i can see why someone would want to live near people of their own culture and language, but i agree that it's not a good idea for raising kids, because if they decide to move to another area or city when they're grown it will be harder to blend in and meet people and find work etc. even though they do learn english from school and learn some of our culture from tv and stuff. i met people there who barely spoke english because in their neighbourhoods they didn't need to, but then to go out shopping etc they were depending on their children or grandchildren to translate for them all the time. they couldn't function in other parts of the city on their own.
it wasn't just pakistani though, one area we lived in was mostly polish, and i think it's even harder for them since they are white, people will assume they speak english.

not all areas of the city are like this though, some immigrants are happy to learn a new culture and adapt to it. i think it's hard to find that middle ground though, of not giving up your own culture, but being able to function in another one. I don't get the people who move here and don't bother to learn english though, i mean if i moved to another country i'd learn the language, i wouldn't expect natives of that country to adapt to my culture and language, i would assume i'd have to adapt to theirs. heck i'm trying to teach myself Japanese just in case i ever get to VISIT Japan lol

where i live now which is where i was born and raised, there were very few families of other cultures when i was a kid, but nowadays more and more people are escaping the bigger cities and coming to towns like this. just in the last 5 years or so we've seen a big increase in the amount of immigrants from Pakistan, India, and China. it's great :) but because it's a less diverse area they are pretty well forced to assimilate or they can't function, which is a bit sad to me.
I'm from the U. S. of A.!

Alabama to be exact.
damn! The diversity here is amazing! Ppl from all parts of the world uniting to watch and discuss asian dramas!! Its so beautiful, it just makes me want to cry! *sniff sniff

Sorry, I'm overly dramatic.

I'm from the U.S of A as well ;) California to be exact! A Bay Bay!

Born in Pakistan though :D

But I've pretty much lived in the bay all my life.
kyochan14 wrote: damn! The diversity here is amazing! Ppl from all parts of the world uniting to watch and discuss asian dramas!! Its so beautiful, it just makes me want to cry! *sniff sniff

cekavazosia wrote: Hi there, I'm from Armenia. Maybe most of you won't recognize the name. Armenia is a small country (in the middle of Europe and Asia) with rich and looong history.
I've lived here all my life :)

This is my first time talking to an Armenian in a forum, so I must echo Nancy: it's a wonderful feeling. :)

I was born in Italy from Italian father and Austrian mother. Live in Italy... for now.

This is for you, Violet, a brief encounter of Armenian and Italian:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mnO4htQRI5w&playnext=1&list=PL979F38E43346F1BA

:)