@Rari  thanks for reply

ex . Because in a drama scene I saw that the boy gave triple talaq verbally, yet the divorce was not accepted. 

So I thought, despite being a Muslim country, Turkey probably does not follow Islam strictly. that's why I asked.

Turkish citizens will be able to tell this thing better

In Turkey, you can have a religious wedding ceremony if you want to complement the secular ceremony which makes your wedding official. If the couple is not married officially, then triple talaq can be in force but in official marriages triple or quadruple talaqs would have no force and I think the couple in question is probably officially married.   

Even though Turkey is a Muslim country, it has been strictly secular, The current government is trying to islamisize the law and especially civil law but they have not succeeded to do it yet up to now.  By the way official name of Turkey is Turkiye now (letter u having two dots, umlauts on top)

thanks for information  @Northern raveller  

Can someone recommend me a drama where the couple has Love101 Kemal and Burcu kind of a relationship where the guy has longing for the girl and the girl is in a situation where she can't say Yes to the guy so she draws a line between them?

ASTER:

Is it legal to have more than one wife in Turkey?

You cannot get lawfully married to more than one wife in Turkey, however they have a second or third wife they are married to with a religious ceremony.  However, they do not have legal rights like a lawful wife. It is more common in rural areas, low income people and very religious people. 

Northern raveller:

You cannot get lawfully married to more than one wife in Turkey, however they have a second or third wife they are married to with a religious ceremony.  However, they do not have legal rights like a lawful wife. It is more common in rural areas, low income people and very religious people. 

Well, not entirely true. It's not common for people, whether they live in rural areas or from low income parts of the country, to marry a second or third wife. Muslims can do that due to religious traditions, but most of the people are not even Muslim, or they don't follow this kind of tradition if they are.

Any news on the next episode of Yargi?

wybestboy:

Well, not entirely true. It's not common for people, whether they live in rural areas or from low income parts of the country, to marry a second or third wife. Muslims can do that due to religious traditions, but most of the people are not even Muslim, or they don't follow this kind of tradition if they are.

And also, it's forbidden to marry more than one wife according to Turkish law.

wybestboy:

And also, it's forbidden to marry more than one wife according to Turkish law.

thanks

any good turkish movie suggestion needed. I have taken a  break from dramas because they takes a lot of time. No doubt Turkey produces good dramas.

ASTER:

any good turkish movie suggestion needed. I have taken a  break from dramas because they takes a lot of time. No doubt Turkey produces good dramas.

what type of movies would you like to watch?

romantic action family  or good suspense mystery thrilling watch

suggestions please

What has happened to Turkish drama/movie fans? They don't have any suggestions! my bad ?