I like this kind of character, I’ve seen Minglan and Yingluo was the extreme version of Minglan. Any other dramas with female leads like those two? 

Thanks...

I just loved Ying Luo's character, so smart. I'd go with these where it comes to brain smart leads - 

Empress Ki 

Rookie Agent Rouge 

The Princess Wei Young 

Flowers of the Prison 

Nadia77:

I just loved Ying Luo's character, so smart. I'd go with these where it comes to brain smart leads - 

Empress Ki 

Rookie Agent Rouge 

The Princess Wei Young 

Flowers of the Prison 

Does RAR get better? I was completely cringing at her attempts to spy on her friend and her family

Origamy:

Does RAR get better? I was completely cringing at her attempts to spy on her friend and her family

To be honest, I did stop, then continue it and would stop again, as the cat and mouse play between her and her friend, esp her friend's angry expression at her due to unpredictable things that happened, were getting a bit on my nerves, but the other stuff and other characters made up for that. 

I haven't seen the Story of Ming Lan, but it's on my to-watch list. Nevertheless, I can recommend the below:

• Empress Ki (Korea): Based on true historical events on how a Goryeo woman (pre-Joseon and Korea) became Empress to the Emperor of the Mongol Empire 

The below are still good but there were parts I had to question some of their decisions - in order of recommendation:

1. Legend of Concubine Zhen Huan [Empresses in the Palace] - 76 ep version (China): If you remember Qianlong from Story of Yanxi Palace, this story is about the Yongzheng emperor's era (Qianlong's father). The female lead isn't as strong as Ying Luo at the start but as her character develops throughout the show, she gets quite crafty.
  2. The Rise of Phoenixes (China): I loved the female lead - she was the highlight of the show for me. She does the cross-dressing as a guy without being cringe-worthy and remains strong-headed. However, if you're not a fan of disappointing endings and get annoyed at China bans causing plot holes. Don't recommend it.
  3. Queen Seon Duk (Korea): A story based on the Queen Seondok of Silla, one of the three kingdoms in ancient Korea. There were parts in the story that made me question her decisions and annoyed me but the show was okay overall.