chunk chicken, vegetable stock, garlic, ginger, carrots and chickpea rotini

Went out for Korean BBQ! Ordered beef and pork belly (which I've only recently tried and gotten into). The meal came with a whole bunch of sides (kimchi, cheesy corn, egg, bean sprouts, onions, mushrooms, spicy spinach, soup and my most favourite cucumber kimchi! + a couple others I didn't know the names of). This is my 2nd time at this place and I love the ambience. The place is small and always has a line up to get in but it's worth it. It's dubbed the Best Korean BBQ in Toronto for its authentic KBBQ experience and I completely agree! (For anyone in Toronto, I would definitely recommend this place! It's called  Daldongnae)

daydreaming:

Went out for Korean BBQ! Ordered beef and pork belly (which I've only recently tried and gotten into). The meal came with a whole bunch of sides (kimchi, cheesy corn, egg, bean sprouts, onions, mushrooms, spicy spinach, soup and my most favourite cucumber kimchi! + a couple others I didn't know the names of). This is my 2nd time at this place and I love the ambience. The place is small and always has a line up to get in but it's worth it. It's dubbed the Best Korean BBQ in Toronto for its authentic KBBQ experience and I completely agree! (For anyone in Toronto, I would definitely recommend this place! It's called  Daldongnae)

Sounds delicious!  I’ve never had Korean pork belly before. 

Making Vietnamese braised pork belly ((thit kho). I love these dump-in-a-pot meals on Mondays! 

The snow went around us this time, but it's still bitterly cold and windy.

Black lentil/veggie stew, biscuits.  

These couple of days I've made salmon pizza and fried chicken pizza, mostly for lunch and made extras for dinner 

And yesterday I made spinach pasta with broccoli, carrots and mushrooms ❣

Yesterday I had instant ramen for dinner but today I will go out for dumplings!

Beef stew in the slow cooker 

"Cream" of Cauliflower Soup (no dairy) garnished with golden fried (very small) cauliflower flowerets and sliced scallions, and spinach walnut "pesto".  :)

Went out with the fam on Family Day (a statutory holiday here in Canada) to an Italian place downtown! Had a delicious cheese & meat board and casarecce con salsiccia. Finished the night off with some white chocolate tiramisu and sangria. Been eating out a lot since I haven't been grocery shopping in awhile. Will have to get back to it next week!

Sleeted or snowed all day today with a temp around -12C.  Decided it was the perfect time to try a Cuban inspired Chickpea/Garbanzo Bean Stew.   No chorizo because of hubby's diet, but it still turned out good. Have never used Sazon with Saffron as a seasoning before.  Served the stew over rice.  Goes in the win column.  :)

carrots, spiced brown rice with lentils, vegetable stock

Saffron Garbanzo Beans with Almonds and Mushrooms over Pasta

Garbanzos, Sliced Almonds, Sliced Mushrooms, and Scallions sauteed in Olive Oil with Saffron, Red Pepper Flakes & Parsley (and a little garlic--shhhh, don't tell my hubby).  Then simmered in broth and lemon juice.  When it was cooked down to a sauce threw in a pat of butter to give it some gloss, then tossed with fettuccini and garnished with chives and parsley.  yum!

It was Thai night... Green curry chicken with eggplant, fried spring rolls (I still had a batch I froze from last week), and a cold daikon and carrot salad.  

Still can't get the curry to taste like the ones we would get from our favorite Thai restaurant. It closed down during the pandemic. If anyone has a good recipe, please share!