There is a show that I was trying to think of the name of and I just cant remember, It was one of the first dramas I watched and I think it was Korean, may have been Taiwanese but I dont think so. 

Plot

Man moves to america to study before he goes his girlfriend find out she is pregnant with the persuasion of his mother they don't tell him. She gives birth to a daughter and 5 years later he returns engaged to someone else. e. The new girlfriend wants to take custody of the child and raise her but the mother objects.  The daughter falls down the stairs and hs to go to hospital after the mother in law kidnaps her. the new finance goes crazy and loses her memory in the end. 

Someone please put me out of my misery.... Thank you

Thanks all. It was called the promise, there was loads of other things going on orphanage, birth secrets, craziness but wasn't sure if I was putting loads of dramas together 😘😘I found it through looking at episode amounts as suggested xx 

?? got it ? what is it?

The first parts with guy goes to America and not find out GF was pregnant.. And coming back with a fiancee and the kid is around 5 seems lile the drama GOOD JOB GOOD JOB here. But i put this drama on hold and never got back to it, so i dont know about the rest of the scenario.... Plus the ex-BF was the second male lead, not the ML in this one. 

Thanks for the reply guys, it's not any of those. It is quite similar to good job. She is still with her boyfriend when he goes to study and thinks that they will be getting to live as a family when he returns. However he returns with the bosses daughter, she has redish hair in the show.  The boyfriend decides he wants his daughter to live with him and tries to get the ML to give her up which she won't. The new wife's family  takes the child from daycare and she has an accident. I watched quite a lot of shows around this time and I just can't remember anymore.... Argh.... I think she did catering to make a living for her kid. The boyfriends mother likes the new family as she loves money...  

I feel like this could most likely be a daily kdrama. And ive read the synopsis of, but never did watch. Maybe you can search this drama by episode count, and with a daily drama it could run foe 50 tp 150 episodes... 

Thanks that's a really good idea, I am going to do that right now xx 

I found it...  There was birth secrets and orphanage and craziness and tears but couldn't remember them in detail. It is the promise...   Thanks guys x 

Yo that does sound like a cool show though, do you remember what year you watched it? Maybe it was the release year