Hey, i know its a really different theme here but it actually fullfilled my mind.

I am new in this  kind of gym stuff or anything but i went to the gym for 1,5 months now...3/4 times a week.

I do cardio, not a lot but a little and then i do some weight training.  So the duration is about 1,5-2 hours.

I wanted to lose weight so i eat less...calorie deficit!

But i don't lose weight! it just stays at the same point...

someone some tipps for me?

Do not get your health and fitness advice from Asian drama forums. At most gyms, there are staff that can help you plan and assist you with achieving your goals. Some gyms even have nutritionists on hand to provide advice outside of instructors to guide you on your path to getting fit. If your goal is to lose weight and you are struggling, see your physician.

If you are serious, knowledge and expertise are a must in getting the best results possible. There is so much conflicting information out there, so find someone that you trust.

Congratulations on starting. Well done, you have conquered one of the hardest parts of the journey.

I trust this person the most. Start at number 1 and work your way through all of them. It is okay to take your time. I also trust this person. That said. I agree with John Smith, be careful where you go for advice. I'd get a full health check done by a qualified health care practitioner (whether it be a doctor, naturopath or both).  I also have high regard for Dr Michael Mosley (UK physician and journalist).

Checkout these docos as well as this one. (which has multiple subs, incl. Korean, Thai, Mandarin, Lao, Khmer and Malay - just sayin, LOL).

Three things I have learnt:

1. As you and your metabolism/physiology are unique so too will your journey to a healthier you.

2. Take it slowly, this is a new lifestyle so you need time to adapt and get used to long term, sustainable habits; quick fixes never work.

3. Even if you fall off the wagon in the morning, you can make better choices this afternoon.

Btw, I too need to keep working on changing my lifestyle, I am not perfect and have a long way to go. That said, I like swimming, great for breathing/cardio and it is rather peaceful. Haven't been able to go for a while and the time frame for using the pool is limited as it is an outdoor one. I also like tai chi (feel daft doing it in front of the tv using DVDs, but hey, it was cheaper to buy them than lessons). My phone has a pedometre app that I occasionally remember to look at and I sometimes borrow a friend's dog.

And because this is an asian drama forum and we like all things asian drama:

1. Oh My Venus (though I don't completely agree with all of it, to some degree or another) is motivating,

2. Ji Chang Wook running around the track in the K2 (ep 4 or 5 I think) and in Healer (playing 3D tennis - ok, stop drooling).

3. Prince of Wolf (that boy can move).

4. Taxi Driver (I cannot remember him working out but he'd have to, to maintain that shape).

5. Weighlifting Fairy Kim Bok Joo - haven't finished it yet but it might be motivating, though maybe not their diet.

Wishing us all success. Su-su-nah, jay-oh, FIGHTING!!!!!!

P.S. If we remember and can find this thread again, let's check in from time to time to see how we are doing.

Please do not ask for advice on weight loss on a forum for dramas. I know it can help build this idea of a community but you have no way of knowing the qualifications of the person on the other side of the screen. I would say if you have access and the means talk to a doctor or a nutritionist or a personal trainer. 

My only advice beyond that is be wary of advice that names a specific diet or certain tips and think critically of any advice given and talk to a doctor to see if it is safe for you. For example, Keto is the big name in diet trends lately but can be very dangerous as it is a diet that is meant to manage very hard to control epilepsy and so is unlikely to be a diet recommended for you. Or anything that claims to 'detoxify', we have organs like the liver that already do that for us
I wish you luck and success on your weight loss journey 

editor333:

Exercise is one of the best ways to burn fat and improve your appearance.

Resistance training, such as weight lifting, can lead to a similar amount of weight loss as regular aerobic training. It also helps you add or maintain muscle mass and strength.

High-intensity interval training (HIIT) is another very effective training method.

Research suggests that 5–10 minutes of HIIT can lead to similar or greater benefits for health and weight loss as five times that amount of regular exercise

You can perform HIIT three to four times a week after a workout or as part of your normal training regimen. It is very important to do this with 100% effort or intensity. Most sprints should not last more than 30 seconds.

Hey, thanks for your advise. I'll try it :)

newbiefan:
Congratulations on starting. Well done, you have conquered one of the hardest parts of the journey.

Thanks for your advice :) I am doing fine actually, try to eat my proteines and workout when ever i have time... i didn't lose weight but my size got smaller :) but there is a lot to learn for me

You cannot out train a poor diet.

Hi Heidii, how are you doing with all this? Getting anywhere?

newbiefan:

Hi Heidii, how are you doing with all this? Getting anywhere?

Hi newbiefan, i lost 3-4kg and i really feel better now. I am still really motivated and train often. I also tried to eat less sugar and  it makes a huge difference. 

I am170 cm big and at april my weight was 80-81 kg, now its 77 kg :) its not that much till now but i am happy anyway.

What abaout you?

Well done!!!!!! I am still stalled at the weight I am have been pretending to do something about. I am motivated to start changing things but have less control over my diet atm due to family circumstances. That said, I am drinking quite a decent amount of water so my head doesn't hurt nor is it as foggy as it usually is so that's something.

Hi gymgirl,

Just checking in to see how you are doing. I am guessing by the name change that you are doing well. I must admit for myself it has been off-again, on-again the last 6 months. Good news is I am on-again and found these:

Hungseok from Pentagon's Home Fit 100: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLVy507ciz2mY-sAdJNuO5nsNQz25M3ttL

Jung Da Yeon's Home Fit (not sure who she it but it was an interesting workout, follow the next vid. tomorrow): https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL2ED5AYaKWmkPTgH3iq9DYIacUs3BA6P7

This time around I have a more decisive (?) goal. I have 4 months to get myself well on the way to a complete change in the way I live. It will take longer than that, but I have asked friends and family to make goals as well and join me in June to celebrate their achievement. I really do need to stay focused and make good choices now as I would rather a celebration than a commiseration.

Still working on drinking sufficient water. Here is a really good paper regarding water, dehydration and health: https://www.naturalscience.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/wfns_special-report_water_03-03_english.pdf

First of all, congratulations on starting your fitness journey! It's great that you're incorporating both cardio and weight training into your routine.

When it comes to weight loss, a calorie deficit is essential. However, it's important to make sure you're creating a healthy and sustainable deficit that will allow you to lose weight at a steady pace.

Here are a few tips that may help you:

1. Track your calorie intake accurately: Make sure you're measuring your food portions and tracking your calorie intake using a food diary or app. Be honest with yourself about what you're eating and make sure you're not underestimating your portion sizes or forgetting to track certain foods.

2. Consider your macronutrient ratios: While a calorie deficit is necessary for weight loss, it's also important to consider the ratio of carbohydrates, proteins, and fats in your diet. Make sure you're getting enough protein to support your muscle growth and repair.

3. Be patient: Weight loss is not always linear and can take time, so don't get discouraged if you don't see results right away. Remember that consistency is key, and if you stick to your routine and make healthy choices, you will eventually see progress.

4. Mix up your workouts: To maximize your weight loss efforts, try incorporating different types of workouts into your routine. Consider high-intensity interval training (HIIT) or other forms of cardio to challenge your body and burn more calories.

5. Get enough rest: Adequate sleep and recovery time are crucial for weight loss and overall health. Make sure you're getting at least 7-8 hours of sleep each night and taking rest days as needed to allow your body to recover from your workouts.

Remember that every person's weight loss journey is unique, and it may take some trial and error to find the approach that works best for you. If you continue to struggle with weight loss, consider consulting with a nutritionist or personal trainer who can help you develop a customized plan.

Hey Guys, happy to hear that you are doing well and thanks for yor update newbiefan :)

I am doing well too and lost 12 kg in the last 3-4 Months, finally :D and now i am happy :)

I think weight los is a commitmend you have to archieve everyday new but it gets easier at a time.

Today i don't feel like clean eating and i already ate a piece of cake, its eight am xD But its okay bcs i know if not today, i will be carefull again tomorrow.

I also can recommend the show Physical 100 on Netflix to view some interesting sport.

Wow, congratulations!!! You have done really well.