Hi! Lately I've been rewatching so many korean school dramas with so many good actors, that I've started to live in them. I want to learn in a Korean high school. I know it's different from where I live and learn but I feel like it could help me a lot. Maybe it's just my fantasy. Maybe I'm too weak for strong education. Nobody uses physical force in my country or any other country in Europe but I think it could help a lot. Do my homework, don't put make up on and wear uniforms. I would love to try all of it. Not that I don't do my homework, don't get me wrong. :D I have good grades but I am lacking in some aspects that I'd like to improve. So, I try to be a korean student but my friends notice that I change a lot. And it confuses them. I try to resemble different characters from different dramas, and I like it but my friends don't. What should I do? Should I keep on trying to be a good ''korean'' student or should I just be myself? If I could, I'd like to be both. Could you have an answere for me? Sinlofox
Omg I feel you. I always get the impression that I'm not respectful enough to my seniors and teachers. I'm the complete opposite of korean students but I'm not an exception. Sadly it's considered normal to treat elders as shit in our school system( at least students think like that) but we're really so disrespectful and dont care about such things as being nice to our teachers and being disciplined good stidents. We just care about our grades. I feels so bad sometimes bc i feel like I'm a spoiled brat. But I only began thinking like that after watching k-dramas and comparing us to the characters there. I cant tell you what to to now coz I dont know what to do myself, but I personnally think changing pur attitudes a bit, not too extreme would be a good idea. Like thanking our teachers sincerely and not blaming them for everything. But I wont respect my seniors bc that would be too much of a change. It doesnt matter if so is 2-3 years older than me I still consider them as my age lol. So we should just start being nicer to our parents and teachers becoz they too are human hahah And good lick on your journey to be a korean student Fighting!!!
Yes, I totally agree! Kids at my school are always blaming the teachers for their bad grades, and, well, basically for everything and for anything bad that has happened to them. I try not be that kid and I also try to see things from their point of view. Either way, I'm happy that I'm not the only one who thinks that way. :) My seniors are horrible, I'm not even planing to talk to them. :D But thanks for putting out your point of view. It helped me a lot. :) Yes, I'll try to be one. ^^
Thats a very good attitude you have, keep ur motivation up and u can be the person you want to be I believe in you <3 im happy I could help you chingu ^^ nice to meet you I'll add u alright~
That's so nice. Now I have fate in everything. :) Thanks to you too. :)
It's nice to hear that someone wants to try and be like a Korean high school student in mannerisms, the type of respect they have towards each other is sometimes really nice to see comparing it to our culture. Naturally, your friends will find you a little odd because it's a completely foreign concept to them! I mean when I was in school a couple of years ago the nature of school was fight to survive, even if it meant leaving a few people down. The Korean culture has a different style to how they act towards and your friends will notice this because in Europe it's just not like that. For them, it's like trying a new food! You don't really want to try it, but yet, it may be the best food you've ever had! You're just not quite sure about it yet, and you'll get an opinion of whether you want to try it or not eventually, but it'll take a little thinking over. ...Okay, that was probably a bad example. The only thing I can think of, as selenka95641 said, maybe giving time for your friends to ease in will help them because honestly, if they like you enough (which I'm positive they will be) they'll stick by you no matter what attitude you have towards school life! After all, if you want continue with it, I don't see why you shouldn't because honestly, if it makes you happy, isn't that what counts?
I like the way you thought of it. I have never thought of this from your aspect. Well, I think you're right. I should keep on being what I want to be. And true. If my friends can't accept me, then are they even my friends? Thank you for commenting, it's nice to know that somebody has the same opinion as me. :)