Only some royal faffing about left and Thailand will have equal marriage <3 <3 <3

And this legislation is passing by landslide numbers - 399 for, 5 against, 10 abstentions in the lower house, and now 130 for, 4 against, 18 abstentions in the upper house.

Thailand will be the first SEA country and the third in Asia (after Taiwan and Nepal) to equalise marriage.

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/general/2813260/senate-passes-landmark-bill-recognising-marriage-equality

I'm so happy, I'm literally sobbing rn
congrats, Thailand! \(≧▽≦)/

oh i'm welling up. again. have lost count. just delighted for them <3

love is love is love

with all the crap that's happening all over the world, good news like this can feel like a violent punch of happiness. ugh, to be gay in Thailand right now! must be the best feeling in the world  (⌒‿⌒) 

I keep watching clips about it on youtube, and keep crying... having a really good psycho-hygiene day today.

have you seen this one? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Ucq0_dVcTE
(◕‿◕)♡

oh the daughter and her mums, they're so lovely <3

was replying to a friend elsewhere and realised why i've been crying so much today with this news

i'd forgotten what hope feels like

Elisheva:

was replying to a friend elsewhere and realised why i've been crying so much today with this news

i'd forgotten what hope feels like

I know the feeling. it's good to get reminded every once in while. sometimes all it takes is a little spark and time, and before you know it you'll get properly reacquainted. stranger things happen every darn day *:・゚✧

Love is love!! ❤️❤️❤️❤️

And love wins! 🎉🎉🎉

Tsuliwaensis:
before you know it you'll get properly reacquainted. stranger things happen every darn

careful there, you're over-egging the pudding :)

Popcxqueen:
And love wins! ???

no question marks on this one <3

Elisheva:

just speaking from my own experience - not everything that seems impossible in the moment or even for a long ass while always actually turns out that way. 

also, I was asking my language exchange buddy in Thailand roughly a year ago how likely she thought it was for them to get marriage equality through and she wasn't seeing it for anytime soon. ┐(シ)┌  

omg. we're in the Hottest Discussions :D :D :D

Elisheva:

no question marks on this one <3

That was supposed to be the confetti horn emojis but apparently they didn’t come through right 

Tsuliwaensis:

just speaking from my own experience - not everything that seems impossible in the moment or even for a long ass while always actually turns out that way. 

also, I was asking my language exchange buddy in Thailand roughly a year ago how likely she thought it was for them to get marriage equality through and she wasn't seeing it for anytime soon. ┐(シ)┌  

Agreed!!

Popcxqueen:
That was supposed to be the confetti horn emojis but apparently they didn’t come through right

oh right of course. i forgot that it did that. i may be a bit over-tired from the excitement today. 399-5 in the lower house, 130-4 in the upper. those margins are just beautiful. Scotland's equal marriage vote was 'only' 105-18. go Thailand : ) : ) : )

Congratulations to Thailand on passing the marriage equality bill! This is a monumental step towards equality and inclusivity. 💖💖💖