*THIS CONTAINS SPOILERS*

This is probably going to be long I just feel really bothered by this whole sub plot.

ok am I the only one who feels kinda played with Ha Young's plot??

I really enjoyed this series cause of the refreshing way they went about talking about these more "taboo" topics but I can't stress enough about how I don't like the way they went about Ha Young's STD.  So HOW did she get it??  She wasn't sleeping with other people and neither was her bf so??  Chlamydia isn't one of those STDs that you can get from needles or public restrooms or other public contamination, it's literally only contracted by having sex with another infected person.

I really just don't like how they left it open like that without any further explanation cause it just doesn't seem very...idk realistic? So you're telling me she was carrying it around for 4 YEARS and somehow her bf didn't contract it either?

Idk if they were trying to break the cliche of "suspicious bf is obv cheating on his gf" but it really felt like they were setting it up like that, its not like she was randomly suspecting him out of nowhere. It's good that overall they seemed like mature people who could apologize to each other and admit their faults but I just feel like they really played the audience cause they show him acting pretty suspiciously, going to sleep at motel to study late at night (who does that?), not wanting to get tested etc etc.. and then they hit us with "he tested negative, she was being paranoid" like WHAT, i'm pretty sure any rational person would side with Ha Young, especially since we only get to see it from her perspective.

Ok sure, they broke up because it was pretty obvious the relationship was getting  suffocating on both ends and they need time to be individuals but I almost kinda wish the bf HAD been cheating on her cause plot wise it would have made more sense and tied up the loose ends of how ha young contracted it. For a show whose goal was to reduce stigma and normalize talking about these topics they just left this GAPING plot hole about something really important that a LOT of people suffer from.

I didn't watched this drama but about the STD's part i think Hormones 3 can give you the answer.