Sirry Usly:

HYS seems to have been a part of the organization for so long yet he was shocked at what they did to YQ. It makes me wonder why he continues to stay. It also makes me understand his reaction when YWS moved in front of GZY. 

I think he like other assassins can't leave Wufeng. Only way to leave Wufeng is through death. And how he once said to YWS, when she wanted to die and be free, she can't die till she have someone to care about - in her case YunQue. He like her has someone in Wufeng to care about. He won't leave Wufeng until she dies. And we know how much he loved Yun Que, Yun Que is now dead, but Yun Weishan is still alive, now his only child, so he must stay alive to protect her.

Anonymous should be there since 20 years or I misunderstand something? 

In ep. 17 . we learn that the sister of YWS was in the Gong residence 2 years ago, and then she (YQ) tells Young Master Yue that she was sent there for 2 things, one of these to look for anonymous and she also tells that anonymous entered the gong residence 10 years before. So it's 10 + 2 years= 12 years before from now and not 20

I don't understand ?

PinkViolets:

I think he like other assassins can't leave Wufeng. Only way to leave Wufeng is through death. And how he once said to YWS, when she wanted to die and be free, she can't die till she have someone to care about - in her case YunQue. He like her has someone in Wufeng to care about. He won't leave Wufeng until she dies. And we know how much he loved Yun Que, Yun Que is now dead, but Yun Weishan is still alive, now his only child, so he must stay alive to protect her.

I'm so sad. Lmao. I have cried so much. I really don't want to see them turn on each other. I hope in the end he gets a chance to explain things to her. But from that one clip in the trailer that I saw...I doubt it. 

Sirry Usly:

Based on today's episode, I could possibly conclude that YQ died 10 years ago. It has now been 20 years. So YWS and YQ could be older than 20. For instance, GSJ is supposed to be older than 20 from everything that I have gathered. Plus their marital age for women could be lower than marital age for men. 

But Young master Yue clearly said that two years ago wufeng sent someone to sneak into the gong residence and it was YQ. 

AmeliaPond:

But Young master Yue clearly said that two years ago wufeng sent someone to sneak into the gong residence and it was YQ. 

Yeah, the math doesn't math for me too LOL 

AmeliaPond:

Anonymous should be there since 20 years or I misunderstand something? 

In ep. 17 . we learn that the sister of YWS was in the Gong residence 2 years ago, and then she (YQ) tells Young Master Yue that she was sent there for 2 things, one of these to look for anonymous and she also tells that anonymous entered the gong residence 10 years before. So it's 10 + 2 years= 12 years before from now and not 20

I don't understand ?

I think the timeline refers to when the Flies poison from the Gong residence was found by the Wufeng sect.

20 yrs ago Madam Wuji, Lady Lan and other spies entered gong residence...GSJ was already born and then GZY and GSJ's little brother was born on the same day. GSJ looked to be about 8-10 yrs old in the scene when his mother was getting a pregnacy check up, So GSJ is probably about 28-30 yrs old.
Gong Yuan Zhi  was also born sometime after Lady Lan and Wuji  arrived and after GZY was born.  

10 years ago Wufeng attacked the Gong family and killed GSJ's little brother and Mother (and maybe Gong Yuan Zhi's father). Wufengs mission was said to be a failure due to bad intel.

2 years ago wufeng sent in YQ.

SnapDragon:

20 yrs ago Madam Wuji, Lady Lan and other spies entered gong residence...GSJ was already born and then GZY and GSJ's little brother was born on the same day. GSJ looked to be about 8-10 yrs old in the scene when his mother was getting a pregnacy check up, So GSJ is probably about 28-30 yrs old.
Gong Yuan Zhi  was also born  sometime after Lady Lan and Wuji  arrived..  

10 years ago Wufeng attacked the Gong family and killed GSJ's little brother and Mother (and maybe Gong Yuan Zhi's father). Wufengs mission was said to be a failure due to bad intel.

Read the initial comment I was responding to incorrectly and messed up some of what I meant to type. Anyway, thanks for providing the correct timeline :)

Sirry Usly:

Read the initial comment I was responding to incorrectly and messed up some of what I meant to type which I explained in a previous comment. Anyway, thanks for providing the correct timeline :)

All is well, I should have quoted the initial comment. I did see it, but I just wanted to put some context as to why I was typing that out.  I'll just remove the quote, it's not really necessary to have. 

acpsa:

Yeah, the math doesn't math for me too LOL 

I am happy that I am not alone LOL 

Timeline

23 years ago

Lady Wuji joined Lady Lan's family as a maid in Jiangnan

Gong Hong Yu was attacked nearby the Lan's family mansion by Wufeng

22 years ago

Lady Lan married GHY as his wife

Lady Wuji rejoined Lady Lan in the Gong household

Anonymous sent a message to Wufeng about the bride selection process

20 years ago

Gong Zi Yu and Gong Lang Jue (Shang Jue's little brother) were born

Gong Huan Yu and Gong Shang Jue's age is unknown 

No bride selection since then

18 or 19 years ago

Gong Yuan Zhi was born

11 years ago (?)

Lady Lan died from depression

Lady Wuji married Gong Hong Yu

10 years ago

Lang Di Di was killed alongside with his mother during the attack by Wufeng

Yuan Zhi's father also died during the attack (?)

The Flies poison was found by Wufeng spies

Gong Zi Shang's father survived the attack (?)

2 years ago

Yun Que entered the Gong mansion and killed by Wufeng when she returned to the sect.

Present

Wufeng spies enter the Gong mansion as part of the bride selection

Anonymous is active again

Gong Hong Yu and Gong Huan Yu die from poisoning

Gong Zi Yu becomes the new Sword Wielder

Elder Yue gets murdered

I'm gonna add another theory to digest. We haven't heard anything about GHY's mother. GZS is too young to be the mastermind. It's almost a given that GHY faked his death but he is also too young to be the mastermind as well. What if GHY's mother is the Leader of Wufeng and GHY is like 2nd in command. That's why we hear a males voice as leader and a females voice. Maybe GHY's mother has some grudge against the Gong family?

SnapDragon:

Gong Yuan Zhi  was also born sometime after Lady Lan and Wuji  arrived and after GZY was born.  

yeah its all true, but it still not answer my question.

so once again: 2 years ago YQ enters Gong resident, we see the flashbacks from Young Master Yue so the conversation what we see happening between Young Master Yue  and YQ it was 2 years before. I think its clear for everyone.

then in this conversation YQ tells YM Yue that she was sent there for two things  one of them is to look for anonymous who entered 10 years ago into the gong resident but wufeng didn't hear about her anything since. So it means that from the present time anonymous entered gong resident 12 year ago. and not 20 .

Edit: or its an another anonymous who is she talking about, who entered 12 years before, or the translation is incorrect ...

mparthur:
Timeline

Nice timeline! Hi5

SnapDragon:

Nice timeline! Hi5

Correct them if I get them wrong!  Thank you in advance :-)