mparthur:

Xue Tongzi rejuvenates and forgets his past every four years.  This is the worst part of the bromance.  

The ending is pretty decent.

In the end he gave up practicing the rejuvenating skill, I think in order to remember his bro, which is why he suddenly looks older.

Didn't someone here jokingly mention aliens as an example of a bad theory? But the whole thing about the mysterious "infidel" creatures in the back hill and the meteor that fell from space does indeed sound like the purpose of Gong is actually to protect the world from aliens ? Plus, the "infinite flowing fire" sounds like a sci-fi weapon of mass destruction... which does NOT jive with the mysterious/wuxia feel of this drama.

When nobody knows what the leader looks like, he/she can easily be replaced without anyone knowing. That's a pretty common plot device in wuxia. The change in the Wufeng leader's voice could mean that she was replaced with someone else. And wouldn't it be crazy if SGQ managed to kill the leader and the hooded figure in YWS's twin sister's home is actually her?

Raymond Ardin:

In the end he gave up practicing the rejuvenating skill, I think in order to remember his bro, which is why he suddenly looks older.

He wanted to die.

CdramaAddict:

I can't comprehend ZLH expression on the last minutes, do you guys think he was meant to act like that as the script requires, to make us all overthink!? I BLAME IT ON THE SQUEAKY DOOR!?

Most likely but I still wish it was a better resolution. The last 4 minutes were legit like from another drama. I think they just wanted us all stumped; which is quite stupid considering how much consideration was put in to the taking down of assassins creed. To just be like here you go, no closure for you…was bad. On Weibo, GJM, show is being trashed. All of it. Thankfully, the actors are left alone. 

Love the theories n clues discussion still overflows. 

The story actually emphasized on the heroine journey, so if there would be session 2, YWS would be still alive safe and sound. About the story expansion, it would be opened wide. Has a theme of outerspace items, it could lead to fantasy/time travel theme too (but the feeling will change anyway)

About willing to die or even rumor to die, in this my journey to you universe, all was uncertain. Unless there was a scene that told they were all ending their stories, the characters fate were still open to explore. 

Regarding the originality, it was like a fresh start for Guo Jingming who had a plagiarim scandal before, showing his talents and originality. That he could create something fresh, interesting, and original in all directions : story plot, costumes, episodes length and editing, camera captures and angles, fights and kungfu styles, balance screen time- all casts had important proportions.  He usually tent to make his work sad ending, so in this drama, he was kindly merciful to change into an open ending. 

Session 2 always has a chance. based on demand, appreciation, legal policy,  and of course :fund. As long as IQIYI still exists, they can make the sequel. 

Take an example of Joy of Live with similar vibe of originality (it was Tencend original in 2019), finally they made the s2 and 3 in this 2023, scheduled for release in 2024.

So S2? Who thinks that’s the why if things? 

LuluHk:
Regarding the originality, it was like a fresh start for Guo Jingming who had a plagiarim scandal before, showing his talents and originality. That he could create something fresh, interesting, and original in all directions : story plot, costumes, episodes length and editing, camera captures and angles, fights and kungfu styles, balance screen time- all casts had important proportions.  He usually tent to make his work sad ending, so in this drama, he was kindly merciful to change into an open ending. 

What did he plagarise?

We deserve a Season 2.  Otherwise, by bye Guo, no more your drama.  Feeling cheated by that OE.

From globaltimes cn

I cannot paste the source here, dunno mydramalist kept saying it unable to post.

In December 2020, Chinese media reported that The Yin-Yang Master had been accused of including scenes that are very similar to the 2016 Marvel superhero film Doctor Strange.  The Yin-Yang Master, which debuted in Chinese mainland cinemas on December 25, has earned an estimated 435 million yuan ($66.5 million) as of Sunday.

On Thursday, Guo issued a long-awaited public apology on China's Twitter-like Sina Weibo for copying writer Zhuang Yu's original novel In and Out of the Circle in his full-length 2003 novel Never Flowers in Never Dreams and promised to compensate Zhuang with all his copyright income from the novel. Guo had originally been found guilty of plagiarism and ordered by a Beijing Intermediate Court to issue the apology back in 2006.

Btw about the continuation, we have got leaks from zhang ling he, that the ep 24 was not grand final. Even his friends hunt him to know the truth, annoyed by the ending. We should wait for IQIYI to make a closing, either special episodes, spinoff, s2 or perhaps a closing interviews or concert. 

LuluHk:

Btw about the continuation, we have got leaks from zhang ling he, that the ep 24 was not grand final. Even his friends hunt him to know the truth, annoyed by the ending. We should wait for IQIYI to make a closing, either special episodes, spinoff, s2 or perhaps a closing interviews or concert. 

I saw that video, you were referring to and his words were: "Yesterday was the finale, but can't say it was the ending". We can make whatever meaning we want out of it, but until something official comes out, we can only be hopeful and speculate.

I agree with you,  as long as there is the potential for money to be made and opportunity for the storyline to continue (many questions posed to viewers with no answers), and they still want to keep GJM as the director, and provided the main actors agree to come back, then there is hope for the continuation of the story.

mparthur:

Let the novel finish the job

I thought this was not based on a novel 

coachmye:

I thought this was not based on a novel 

The script is being compiled into a novel

mparthur:

The script is being compiled into a novel

Cool ! 

I think I'm theoried out lol.

SCPY:

I saw that video, you were referring to and his words were: "Yesterday was the finale, but can't say it was the ending". We can make whatever meaning we want out of it, but until something official comes out, we can only be hopeful and speculate.

I agree with you,  as long as there is the potential for money to be made and opportunity for the storyline to continue (many questions posed to viewers with no answers), and they still want to keep GJM as the director, and provided the main actors agree to come back, then there is hope for the continuation of the story.

That makes 2 of the mains then that have mentioned the story isnt over. Actress for SGQ had also replied to a user on weibo that SGQ story isnt finished yet. Hope they announce a S2 or something after shortly after the stand airing ends on 9/21.