This is for the Finale and I guess everything else. You don't have to hide spoilers.

I know there is a huge outcry over the ending but I actually quite liked it.  It makes sense and is consistent with the genre. Wufeng was never gonna let her get away with betraying them like that. Knowing that, it was really dumb of her to go back to visit her home town like that all by herself and so openly. That part just seems complacent and out of character.

I wish I could adopt all the back hill boys!!! ??? Damn the director for making them suffer so much 

Same! I didn’t mind it to be honest. And agreed! I thought at the very least  ZY would have sent some guards to watch her from a far… especially considering she’s SW wife anyway! 

I honestly thought it was worse than it seems based on what ppl were saying. Personally an open ended cliff hanger means there’s opportunity for a spin off. But there might not be any season 2. It was possibly done as a preparation for it.

On the flip side, if they had closed it off with a HE or SE, people would say they want more. ??‍♀️

So this way, if there was a valid opportunity like the show did well, people loved it, the cast wanted to come back.. then the directior would have a solid plot line to start from.

OR, maybe he just really wants to leave it to the viewers imagination. It’s not uncommon and it sucked, but imagine if he had genuinely made his ending in a way that ppl didn’t agree on - many might complain that his idea was shit. (Probably ppl still do) but this way, you can put the responsibility on yourself however you want to see it end. ?

So I don’t think it’s bad, it’s just not what we were expecting.

My assumption is that YWS comes back either with wufeng having her hostage or she comes back butchered or it’s her twin that comes back to deliver the bad news that she didn’t survive. Cause surely the YWS we know would have defended herself all the way. Her twin was merely a hostage from that scene. Which would explain his reaction. It didn’t look like he was happy, more shocked or concerned.

and I doubt it would be wufeng walking through the front door ? 

I was just reading someone’s comment and it only came to mind that what she said made sense. Hanya si’s letter could have also been a ploy to get her out, he wanted her to have her freedom.

but it could also be a true gesture that maybe wufeng knew he was going to do for her. ??‍♀️

Demzlw:

I was just reading someone’s comment and it only came to mind that what she said made sense. Hanya si’s letter could have also been a ploy to get her out, he wanted her to have her freedom.

but it could also be a true gesture that maybe wufeng knew he was going to do for her. ??‍♀️

I think Yasi did write the letter  - he always meant to give her freedom and let her know her background. Unfortunately after he died, it was probably discovered by Wufeng among his belongings and used to lure her out. In assassin wuxia stories, the assassins almost always die. I am ok with it. At least it was offscreen and not some terrible melodramatic giant cry scene where she takes too long to die or keeps popping up again for another aria like a dying Italian opera singer.

Well, I still vote for a spin off! Atleast a spin off on wufeng! They should show the secrets, origin and history of wufeng atleast. Its way too mysterious to be a good end ( for wufeng).

thatoldbooksmell:

Well, I still vote for a spin off! Atleast a spin off on wufeng! They should show the secrets, origin and history of wufeng atleast. Its way too mysterious to be a good end ( for wufeng).

Yes it does feel like there is a missing Wufeng arc. Idk what happened. But I don't have high hopes we will get it. There are not enough open ends to make a long enough drama to make money. It may be just a ploy to make us buy and read his bloody book .

Lol. I wonder if added pressure on social media might make him answer what happened lol or just wait to see what the actors say when the show wraps. 

Lol opera singer ? love it. But yeah I’m glad they didn’t show it, that might be too brutal. This way we can still hope they have a happy ending but I highly doubt it 

I don't think there will be a season 2; is there enough material for it. But I like the theory I came up with and for me though OE, I'll call it a semi-happy ending. 

PeachBlossomGoddess:

Yes it does feel like there is a missing Wufeng arc. Idk what happened. But I don't have high hopes we will get it. There are not enough open ends to make a long enough drama to make money. It may be just a ploy to make us buy and read his bloody book .

that was what I thought, that there is the book for sure not for free available, so people can buy it and look what is the ending in the book.

You know what I personally feel, it would have been much better if they had not added that GSY waiting scene. If they would have just concluded with YWS and her twin sister meeting wufeng scene, I could have still had the room of imagination that- ' And the problems like this kept on arising, but the gongs and spies kept in fighting together' a perfect open end.

And also maybe they could have avoided the scene of SGQ pregnancy and their permanent separation.

But they just had to play the game.

It give me a feel that the director was probably trying out those typical ends of good vs bad stories of Hollywood, but messed up because of a scene kr two!

AmeliaPond:

that was what I thought, that there is the book for sure not for free available, so people can buy it and look what is the ending in the book.

Problem with this is that ppl would be still so hung up on the film not the book cause I’m sure the book would have different events happening. So the ending would make sense for the book not the show we saw. 

thatoldbooksmell:

You know what I personally feel, it would have been much better if they had not added that GSY waiting scene. If they would have just concluded with YWS and her twin sister meeting wufeng scene, I could have still had the room of imagination that- ' And the problems like this kept on arising, but the gongs and spies kept in fighting together' a perfect open end.

And also maybe they could have avoided the scene of SGQ pregnancy and their permanent separation.

It give me a feel that the director was probably trying out those typical ends of good vs bad stories of Hollywood, but messed up because of a scene kr two!

I think there, where GZY was waiting for days for YWS to come back, the main point was, that somebody opened the door, to give a bigger mystery for the story , we dont know who came back 

thatoldbooksmell:

Well if you are familiar with GJM works, he always does tragic endings. If you consider this one an open ending then it's already a huge give from him. I am actually shocked he didn't kill more people. I guess iQiyi may have told him not to go nuts.

The reason they didn't stop at that scene as that would be an open ending. I interpret ZY scene waiting for days means that she is dead. If Wufeng meant to sent her back in using her twin as a hostage, they would have sent her back on time to avoid suspicion. They know ZY can't exchange her for the Infinite Heat. As SW that has to be a No even if he wants to.

I don't really believe SGQ is pregnant. She is a liar.