So in the drama, the HPS and neidan was given to YH is a total coincidence right? Unlike in the novel, it was actually LX who put it in her when he saw her at the river.

Hangmy:

So in the drama, the HPS and neidan was given to YH is a total coincidence right? Unlike in the novel, it was actually LX who put it in her when he saw her at the river.

I think this was explained by TY earlier, that he bound them together at the very beginning, so SY couldn’t get them. So I guess when the dragon scale Heart landed in her the night the neidan  did too, because he had bound them together?

Ah ok. Because in the novel, TY also threw it away but LX was told by QG to go and get it but instead of bringing it back, he put it in YH when he sees her at the river. So just want to know if that's the case in the drama too but I think after today episode, it is not. It is purely fate between TY and YH that he gave her what she needs to stay alive and in turn rescue his soul out of the wood. Full circle. 

It still bothers me because across both the novel and the drama they're both essentially bound by fate, but the drama for NO REASON AT ALL THAT I CAN FATHOM, decided to make how Yan Hui ended up with the scale/neidan even more of a contrivance.

One thing that doesn't make sense to me is I wish they'd left it in that way of having LX find her when she was an infant because he didn't find her in the show until she was 10 so I'm like how'd she survive as a baby if nobody looked after her LOL 

Erin:

One thing that doesn't make sense to me is I wish they'd left it in that way of having LX find her when she was an infant because he didn't find her in the show until she was 10 so I'm like how'd she survive as a baby if nobody looked after her LOL 

Haha yes I wonder the same too. That’s why I was like did she have adopted parents or sth. 

valleyofthelost:

It still bothers me because across both the novel and the drama they're both essentially bound by fate, but the drama for NO REASON AT ALL THAT I CAN FATHOM, decided to make how Yan Hui ended up with the scale/neidan even more of a contrivance.

The book I feel is definitely more consistent. 

Hangmy:

The book I feel is definitely more consistent. 

Yes, the drama was striving for unnecessary angst amplitude. The characters and plot motivations were sufficiently well-written to for readers to remain invested, and that should normally have been translated to the screen without the weird intrusions from the scriptwriters....oh, for what might have been.....

BTW my review coming in a few days, this thing is a monster to type up

valleyofthelost:

BTW my review coming in a few days, this thing is a monster to type up

looking forward to it!

Why did TY's hair turn white after YH disappeared? Is there a meaning behind it?

jaginsing:

looking forward to it!

I'll link you to it if I can't post it on MDL (this thing is a text monster)

valleyofthelost:

I'll link you to it if I can't post it on MDL (this thing is a text monster)

Fingertips drumming on the keyboard.

Actually something has been bugging me about Hu Xin novel and I wondered if you have figured it out, I've been back through the text and can't find something definitive.

SY attacks TY. TY throws out Hu Xin Lin and Neidan before she can take.

QG tells LX to find Hu Xin Lin and / or just Neidan ?

LX hides Hu Xin Lin and Neidan in YH as a baby.

LX takes YH to sect when she accidentally frees TY by burning the soul-encasing tree (wood).

QG tells TY when they fight that SY was too ambitious/daring. His plan was always to get TY's Neidan. So my question is....SY didn't kill TY when she could because he suggested to her that if he was dead Hu Xin Lin would not work. But if QG were to have taken TY's Neidan, then wouldn't TY end up dead anyway and Hu Xin Lin stop working, so why would SY have sought Hu Xin Lin? Is that a plot hole or is it something I'm missing?

BlessMeAchoo:

Why did TY's hair turn white after YH disappeared? Is there a meaning behind it?

Yes. In both novel and drama, the pain of the loss of YH caused TY's hair to turn white. Not associated with loss of power/magic.

jaginsing:

Fingertips drumming on the keyboard.

Actually something has been bugging me about Hu Xin novel and I wondered if you have figured it out, I've been back through the text and can't find something definitive.

SY attacks TY. TY throws out Hu Xin Lin and Neidan before she can take.

QG tells LX to find Hu Xin Lin and / or just Neidan ?

LX hides Hu Xin Lin and Neidan in YH as a baby.

LX takes YH to sect when she accidentally frees TY by burning the soul-encasing tree (wood).

QG tells TY when they fight that SY was too ambitious/daring. His plan was always to get TY's Neidan. So my question is....SY didn't kill TY when she could because he suggested to her that if he was dead Hu Xin Lin would not work. But if QG were to have taken TY's Neidan, then wouldn't TY end up dead anyway and Hu Xin Lin stop working, so why would SY have sought Hu Xin Lin? Is that a plot hole or is it something I'm missing?

On this:

No it's not a plot hole bc the novel confirms multiple times that neidan removal doesn't mean death.

The most obvious example is that Tian Yao for 99% of the novel is alive without his neidan. He did voluntarily yeet it + his scale away but they're still out of his body.

Later on in Yongzhou City for the rescuing Bai Xiaolu arc, it is confirmed that the standard procedure for the captured fox spirits is to remove their neidans so they're helpless, and they're still alive when they're rescued.