I haven't watched Korean dramas in a while (been into Chinese dramas lately) but I saw this drama on a fellow MDL user's List Updates and after reading the description on MDL, I decided to give it a try. Boy am I glad I did though so far my only regret is I should have put it off until it was all done. I haven't been this obsessed with a drama in a long time. I'm all caught up to the most recent episode and I'm dying for more. It is so intense, thrilling, and keeps me on the edge and all the feels (be it positive or negative...).

Now what I'd love to discuss is the character of Kang In Wook. First, I just want to say that in real life, in no way is this ever okay or should be romanticized or etc., however, we're in dramaland and it's a guilty pleasure of mine to read and watch intense characters like him, when done well - which I feel so far the actor has done an amazing job portraying this character. 

The underlying tone seems to be that he hates his father for what happened to his mother but he is repeating history/the pattern as he is now doing it to Ma Ri. His pain and obsession with Ma Ri is real and it seems he has no control over his obsessive need when it comes to Ma Ri. It stems from the fact that Ma Ri looks like his mother but then I'm wondering if he'll still feel that same obsession once he knows for sure that Ma Ri underwent surgery and has Ha Kyung's face. He'd no doubt be furious as if he isn't already about her running and hiding away but to find out the face he "loves" is no longer there, how would that go?

For the character of Seo Jung Won, he is like the opposite type of lover from Kang In Wook. I totally understand the frustration Hae Ra felt when she realized that Jung Won knew that Ha Kyung cheated on him yet he still devoted his feelings, time and energy on her as if she's an angel. I guess when you think about it, in a way, his love is also obsessive as he is willing to overlook/ignore the fact she's not into the relationship anymore and was still trying to hold on to her (as was evident in his monologue of how he should have never let her go to meet her lover that fateful night). His scenes were a bit boring for me in comparison to In Wook's scenes (as In Wook is also intense lol and fascinating to watch)

This may be a bit off topic but I can't help wondering if Ma Ri will ever get that true, real love she wants with this new face? I feel like that would only happen if she meets someone completely new and not between Jung Won or In Wook. With In Wook, I feel like that ship has sailed and despite how much his character intrigues me, their relationship is impossible because Ma Ri is scarred and deeply afraid of him. His love for her is only because she looked like his mother and whether that stemmed into more, it's moot point. With Jung Won, she now has his dead wife (whom he loves deeply despite her cheating)'s face and like Hae Ra, I feel that there is some percentage of his caring that is there only because Ma Ri has that face. It may develop into something more but I feel that if I was Ma Ri, there will always be a part of me that knows he carries/carried a torch for the owner of this face. How much of it is actually for Ma Ri's personality? 

As I'm waiting for the episodes, I find myself going back and re-watching scenes with all these thoughts and questions and wonderings in my head. Anyone feeling like me?? I'd love to discuss this ongoing show with others to help me calm down from this need for more of this show lol!

Side note - one of the huge reason I think this drama has such a pull on me, aside from the amazing acting, is the OST. Omg them music makes my heart speed up and be sucked even more into the show and feels. Cannot wait for the full OST to be out!

I have only watched the first 2 episodes since I am watching so many new Korean, Chinese, Japanese and British dramas now

I agree that the actor who plays Kang in Wook is a sexy villain and a guilty pleasure and plays the role perfectly....It is a bit creepy he wants to kiss and be romantic with someone with his mom's face ...i understand he  misses his mom but that is Norman Bates creepy 

Another drama with a gorgeous obsessive husband is Babel and Kim Ji Hoon who plays the role brilliantly and part of me wishes he was the lead instead of the villain since I think he would have hot love scenes with his wife rather than the violent scenes 

I also like the music and saved some songs on my YT kdrama OST list plus I have a kdrama OST  app that shows me all the songs and artists if I can't find them on YT 

I also find it creepy but fascinating how it works in his head because on the one hand, it's understandable he misses his mom but on the other hand, why does he want to kiss and be romantic with someone that is supposed to fill the spot of his mom..... Which leads me to wonder if he actually fell in  love with Ma Ri after the initial need of a woman that looks like his mom..if that makes sense?

Thanks for suggesting another drama with a similar draw as this one! I will definitely put that on my list :)

Are the full songs out?? I have tried looking on YT and haven't had success finding the full version. Does that app have the full songs? What's the app called?