**Another Movie Profile**[/URL]
Official Site
^Click to view trailer^

Yamazaki plays a 15-year-old boy named Sakakibara Koichi who?s forced to move to a suburban town in the mountains called Yomiyama to live with his grandparents in the spring of 1998. One day he suffers a seizure brought on by a chronic lung condition and collapses, but luckily he?s taken to the hospital in time to save his life. While in recovery at the hospital, he sees a beautiful girl wearing an eye patch (Hashimoto) and becomes fixated on her before she makes an odd remark about the morgue on the second floor and leaves suddenly. He meets up with her again when he attends middle school. Her name is Misaki Mei and Koichi can?t help but notice how the other students and teachers at the school seem to treat her as if she doesn?t exist. He makes several attempts to get her know her better, but fails repeatedly. However, when tragedy strikes several of their classmates, she?s the only person who can help him unravel the mystery behind a string of accidental deaths.

This is based on the novel "Another" by Yukito Ayatsuji.

[U]Cast

Kento Yamazaki as Koichi Sakakibara
Ai Hashimoto as Mei Misaki

Who plans to watch this movie?
I think I am going to watch this one, I just started reading the manga as well. :)
Szasha wrote: I think I am going to watch this one, I just started reading the manga as well. :)

I wish I liked mangas. I think I have it on my PTR list on MAL, but I'm not sure if I'll ever get around to actually do it. Have you watched the anime?

And I plan to watch this movie. :D
LisNoir wrote: I wish I liked mangas. I think I have it on my PTR list on MAL, but I'm not sure if I'll ever get around to actually do it. Have you watched the anime?

And I plan to watch this movie. :D

No, I haven't. I already spend too much time in front of my PC as it is that's why I chose the manga version which I can comfortably read on my kindle before I go to bed. :) I haven't come very far, though.

The trailer looks alright-ish - but around 100x better than Mirai Nikki's. Mh I've also never heard of Yamazaki Kento. Oh well...
Szasha wrote: No, I haven't. I already spend too much time in front of my PC as it is that's why I chose the manga version which I can comfortably read on my kindle before I go to bed. :) I haven't come very far, though.

The trailer looks alright-ish - but around 100x better than Mirai Nikki's. Mh I've also never heard of Yamazaki Kento. Oh well...

This is the first time I've heard of him too. And yeah, for Another they don't really need fancy special effects. They need real looking blood and they can change the way people die to ones that need less effects and I think it would still be alright-ish...lol
LisNoir wrote: This is the first time I've heard of him too. And yeah, for Another they don't really need fancy special effects. They need real looking blood and they can change the way people die to ones that need less effects and I think it would still be alright-ish...lol

I think, no I hope, having blood appear realistic is manageable and in case it's worse than expected it's only a movie. :) I've definitely got to finish the manga til the movie is being subbed - which can take up to a year I suppose - ah that's doable.
Szasha wrote: I think, no I hope, having blood appear realistic is manageable and in case it's worse than expected it's only a movie. :) I've definitely got to finish the manga til the movie is being subbed - which can take up to a year I suppose - ah that's doable.

Yeah, if they don't manage to make it look realistic, it's not the worst thing that can happen. *sigh* Sometimes that's why I prefer dramas over movies, subs are, usually, available faster. You have plenty of time...lol
+ real 15 year old live counter part
bokami wrote: + real 15 year old live counter part

Are you going to watch it chingu?
we cant watch it this year...i bet
Yep... I still haven't found movies which were released in November 2011.