Downtown is one of the funniest comedic duos in Japan. Most of you might have heard of them in some of the viral videos such as Silent Library. They release a No Laughing Batsu Game where the comedians are exposed to all sorts of gags to make them laugh and if they do so, are punished. (They have loads of even more interesting videos but this series is definitely they most successful) If you have never heard of them before, I highly recommend checking out Silent Library in YouTube. And if you are interested in taking the next step. I suggest starting from their first release of No Laughing Batsu Game and working your way down. A small number of gags have "history" to it and you will need the info to understand the more recent gags.
I think they are extremely great. A great thing about them (imo) is that they have quite a huge arrange of humor types/types of show segments, while most groups mostly stay with one kind of joke style. They have from Typical manzai to harsh physical comedy and from silly puns to crazy sketches. Like probaly most people i still like the batsu games the best, they just have something special about them in some kind of way. to be honest i actually have almost no knowledge of japanese comedy groups or knowledge about anything related to humor at all but i just wanted to share my opinon i actually should watch them more often.
I love Downtown :D I think it was them that did this one game, it was set up like a Rube Goldberg machine, it was a huge long process of different things the participants had to do all to get a marshmallow to shoot out at the end for so one guy could try to i think either catch it or hit it with a tennis racket or something like that? it was hysterical and I haven't been able to find a clip of it since. If you come across it while you're watching some of their vids please send me a link, I'd love to show it to my brother in law :D
Currently finishing up Airport Batsu Game 2012. @ladyfaile i will if I come across it.
yay :) human tetris is them too isn't it?
ladyfaile wrote: yay :)

human tetris is them too isn't it?

Yes. Anything funny and mainstream to come out of Japan would be them.

I dont know alot about other Jap comedy groups either.
I love Japanese humour :) their human tetris and silent library are so much funnier than the american versions that have popped up

the 2013 gaki no tsuaki no laughing - teacher
I love Downtown! I used to watch Hey Hey Hey a lot. I recently found some channels on Youtube that uploaded their Batsu Games and the Kiki Series. I keep getting distracted from dramas as a result. lol!