hi! i really love historical dramas especially the korean ones (sageuks). However i'd like to try japanese historical dramas as well.
Can you please recommend must-watch taigas? I browsed through the historical drama list uploaded on the discussion board but i don't know which ones to pick. Which taiga should i not miss? :) 
Hi, I haven't watched that many taiga dramas, to be honest, but I highly recommend these:

- Yae no Sakura, about a woman who served as a sharpshooter for the Shogunate army in the late Tokugawa era, and eventually became an educator and a nurse during the Meiji era.

- Shinsengumi, which is of course about the famous Shinsengumi. They were a militia of Shogunate loyalists who served as some sort of police force in Kyoto.
Thank you for replying! The descriptions you gave really caught my interest. I'll definitely watch the dramas you suggested. Thanks again :)
I would recommend Gunshi Kanbei and  Ryoma Den. They are both amazing dramas. Gunshi Kanbei is one of my all time favourite dramas!
Will add your suggestions to my watchlist! I heard Ryoma Den is one of the best. I'll take your word for it and check out Gunshi Kanbei too! Thank you! :)
I've seen 

Yae no Sakura
Ryoma Den
Gou
Gunshi Kanbee

and they were all amazing

For your first taiga I would definitely choose Gou. The reason for that is because it is set during the earliest part of history compared to the others, and also if you watch it first then you will still enjoy Gunshi Kanbee, but if you watch Gunshi Kanbee first you might not like Gou as much. 
The following are one of the most well received Taiga dramas:
Shinsengumi 
Dokuganryu Masamune
Atsuhime
Fuurin Kazan
I also recommend Gou and Atsuhime. 
I took note of all your recommendations! Thank you so much! ❤️
for now sanada maru
-hana moyu
-gunshi kanbei
-yoshitsune
-tenchijin