Hi everyone,

I am currently in Tokyo and I am looking for a place where I could buy some drama stuffs. A place like Akihabara or Nakano for animes. I already checked Fuji TV at Odaiba, TBS at Akasaka, Nippon TV at Shiodome, NHK near Harajuku and the shop at the Tokyo Sky Tree but this is quite ridiculous. I'm leaving sunday morning, please help me :D :D I just managed to buy some Cold Blue things...

Dunno, most drama goods are sold through internet or are given as gifts in magazines and such, so I don't know if there's even a physical store which sells them. If they were movie goods then they are sold at movie theaters, but as for drama goods... never wondered that before haha.

You may try second hand goods stores (even unnofficial goods stores exist ...) at Shibuya/Harajuku (don't know if they are still popular there though... I went to Japan like a decade ago haha) and I remember going to another one in Jinbocho. They sell mostly live goods but they also have other kind of goods, maybe you can find something there.

Ah! also it may be posible to find some on music stores (HMV, Tsutaya) or even book stores? I remember finding Nodame Cantabile's live action paraphernalia on a Tsutaya when it was only the drama out (no movies yet).

Hope it helped!

Thank you for your reply. Unfortunately, I didn't have the time to check those places. Definitely, I'll go next time ;) 

lol i think your adventure to buy drama goodies is insane.

props

Sorry I just saw this thread.

I know it's too late for @Max, but at least for those who are visiting Tokyo in the future, in addition of all the shops already mentioned, people can go to Tokyo Station. On the lower floor (I think it's B1) there's a kind of mall with most the shops of the main brodcasting stations, like Fuji TV, NHK, NTV, Asahi, TV Tokyo and maybe others. There are some drama goodies there. 

That being said, the shops are small and crowded, so there's probably nothing more than in the main shop of each station (just took a look at the Fuji TV shop in Odaiba, where there were more things than in Tokyo Station). The main interest is the fact that you've got several shops at the same place.

Plus goodies seem to be available only when the drama is airing or some months after (though I managed to find some Hero goodies too, in the Tokyo Sky Tree which was not that bad tbh).  In fact, i'm wondering if there are lots of goodies for each drama. It seems ridiculous that in the main shop of the TV station, there is not everything available for a drama. This summer, Code Blue was airing, but they weren't lots of goodies for it in Odaiba, I was a little bit disappointed in fact.

@SumTheCat : about Code Blue, there were only books and a card carrier :s Now, I wonder if dramas are very popular in Japan... 

I think they are very popular, it is just that, for some reason, official drama goods are not very likely to exist... or at least not popular enough to advertise them. Movies do usually release a nice set of goods (which are highly advertised on their website and/or cinemas) so if the drama has a movie sequel it will be more likely to find them at official stores or at second hand stores if it was released a while ago.

I dont think dramas has a similar sort of culture and following like anime where they create lots of collectibles.